PDA

View Full Version : OT: Has anyone tried Enemy Engaged?..

Dagnabit
06-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Enemy Engaged 2. This game looks fantastic as for the screenshots, and I am hoping for something good with this one after getting screwed on Whirlwind over Vietnam. I plan to order this from GoGamer tomorrow. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dag

Dagnabit
06-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Enemy Engaged 2. This game looks fantastic as for the screenshots, and I am hoping for something good with this one after getting screwed on Whirlwind over Vietnam. I plan to order this from GoGamer tomorrow. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dag

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I have, it`s rubbish.

hmmm... Guess I should elaborate...

Did you play the original Enemy engaged in 2000? If not, then you might be happy with the game. If you did then you`ll be greatly saddened.

Enemy Engaged 1 was and still is an excellent helo sim which is a bit dated now. You can get it dirt cheap nowadays if you can find it.

Enemy Engaged 2 is Enemy Engaged 1 with a snazzy intro and better skins, with extra trees and...

That`s it. Nothing changed. It`s identical to the original. In fact it has more problems than the original, oh and there selling it for a full retail price.

Off and rip comes to mind.

Anyway, I`ll stop now before I start ranting again.

Korolov1986
06-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Ditto what SeaFire said.

Whirlin_merlin
06-18-2007, 02:43 AM
+1

However a serious patch might change matters.

Saw EECH1 in Sainsburys the other day for 99p!

Dagnabit
06-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Many thanks for the quick response guys, you just saved me $40.00. I have the first one and as SeaFire says its "dated" so I'll be just as happy to wait for Blackshark. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Dag

avimimus
06-18-2007, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ubi.com Forums Hop To Forum Categories 1C:Maddox Games Hop To Forums General Discussion OT: Has anyone tried Enemy Engaged?..

Contact Us | ubi.com | Privacy Statement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have EECH 1 and never got into it.

It is really Commanche vs. Hokum with the scenarios normally not producing very realistic OOB. Situational awareness is poor and the modeling of missiles is ridiculus.

Still, EECH1 is open source and improvements have gradually been made.

Warrington_Wolf
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I remember a hearing a quote several years ago about helicopters, "Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them".

P.S. Is that part of a new piece of artwork that I see in your avatar Seafire?

SeaFireLIV
06-18-2007, 01:18 PM
It`s actually from an old-ish pic.

I `ve been away a while but just got the net back again, so hopefully I can get back in the flow again. (must let my online friends know)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/scramble.jpg