PDA

View Full Version : AC3 being set in London.

rileypoole1234
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben

rileypoole1234
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben

realgangsta213
11-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Leap of faith off the eiffel tower??? but i'm not sure what year it was built in so that might not be realistic
But yes london would be nice and the ultimate missions could be sneaking into the house of parliaments or even the queen's castle. Yes london would definetaly be nicer but who are we kidding, there's a 80% chance of it being set in france...
Main evidence, the decleration
http://i53.tinypic.com/2gtc2zn.jpg
People who finished AC:B Will know what i'm talking about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ChaosxNetwork
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Why not both the French Revolution is not that many years off of England's almost revolution/Great reform act and they are only across the channel form each other...

assassin087
11-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Do you know what happened during the french revouloution. How many people died and all the chaos. It is the perfect place for ac 3 but a japan or london would work too.

saintdave18
11-30-2010, 05:12 PM
I would like to go back to when Guy Fawks was attempting to blow up parliament. They could try and twist it around so they were assassin's or something. plus it could also have William Shakespeare in it. How cool would that be?

realgangsta213
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Shakespeare would be awesome but i'm asking myself how he would be of any use.
This might be offtopic but i'd want the next assassin's creed to star a female ancestor. Nothing contridicts it and it would be nice to see the world from a woman's point of view. I can also think of many tactical advantages if you know what i mean.

assassin087
11-30-2010, 05:19 PM
A woman anscestor would be cool. You could flirt with some guards and then kill them.

sFX_usa
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I think London's a great idea. it would be cool to have it set during the time of the black plague. like maybe the templars released it and it's up to the Assassain to help clean the city and cure the people in it. this could be a grat setting for a little change in the visual style.

DavisP92
11-30-2010, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by realgangsta213:
This might be offtopic but i'd want the next assassin's creed to star a female ancestor. Nothing contridicts it and it would be nice to see the world from a woman's point of view. I can also think of many tactical advantages if you know what i mean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get what ur saying it would be something new, and yea there would be some new tactical advantages. but i would wanna play as a female, thats just me. and it wouldn't really work for the story of desmond. But i would like to see maybe a more important female role in the game. maybe the new ancestor has a girlfriend assassin and the main story revolves around them and their fight against the templars or something along the lines. Like how assassin087 said, being able to seduce the guards would be cool, but its already in the game. thats why courtasans are in the game, and u could even use the female assassin recruits for that. it'll be weird but yea.

Abeonis
11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by realgangsta213:
But yes london would be nice and the ultimate missions could be sneaking into the house of parliaments or even the queen's castle. Yes london would definetaly be nicer but who are we kidding, there's a 80% chance of it being set in france...
People who finished AC:B Will know what i'm talking about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Queen's castle is in Windsor, not London. Also, that poster is not evidence, I could show you hundreds of images that contain what you're talking about, doesn't mean it's evidence.

LeapofFaith33
11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saintdave18:
I would like to go back to when Guy Fawks was attempting to blow up parliament. They could try and twist it around so they were assassin's or something. plus it could also have William Shakespeare in it. How cool would that be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking this too! And the king of that time was protestant and wore red and white alot how cool would that be to have an Assassin King?

saintdave18
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM
A cool thing I thought up would be if you had to assassinate a crowd member at one of Shakespeare's play's. I reckon that would be very atmospheric.

godsmack_darius
11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Leap of faith off the eiffel tower??? but i'm not sure what year it was built in so that might not be realistic
People who finished AC:B Will know what i'm talking about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA, Leap of faith of the eiffel tower with the little haystack at the bottom hahaha

And the declaration is interesting. All Seeing eye at the top. then we have the symbol whcih looks like the eye, but it is actually called the Circumphant. Which is a symbol of the sun, Or God,

An Ordi, the symbol of the Divine Order, representing Chaos, Light, Life, Freedom, Good, Happiness, Infinity, and Existence
Gold (Alchemy)

The sun / Ra (Egyptian).

A vector directed out of and orthogonal to the two-dimensional surface on which it is drawn (as opposed to indicating a vector which is orthogonal and directed inwards with respect to the same surface; the two are antiparallel).

Can depict a stylized representation of an atom of hydrogen, the oldest, simplest and most abundant chemical element in the universe. (Fittingly, as hydrogen makes up most of the mass of the Sun, also represented by a circled dot.)

Solar Masses symbol used in modern astronomical equations

Control of the passions (Freemasonry) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Or the most famous...Circumference of a circle

xsatanicjokerx
11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You know Sherlock Homes is fiction right?

recklesschords
12-01-2010, 12:35 AM
If it's set in France, I'm just excited to see how the developers are gonna make a froofy French accent as badass as they made the Italian one.

Calyptus
12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
too be honest, I don't see how either "just" England or France can work. You need to find more temples of old gods. What better way to find them than when almost all of Europe had those gods, under the Roman Empire?

My guess is you will play as an assassin in the classical era, either Leonius(on of the statues next to Altair's) or the one from the comic book.

Lithos2009
12-01-2010, 04:34 AM
I think London during the Industrial Revolution would make a lot of sense. More than France. If you think about it, an AC game needs Templars to be winning for it to have a great villain. During the French Revolution, the People are winning, whereas in 18th century England people (even children!) are having to work absurdly long hours and they need a champion.

IMHO, that is.

DavisP92
12-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Either France, or London. One that might even be more interesting is Egypt. The Sand effect in the game would be fun to see.

caswallawn_2k7
12-01-2010, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You know Sherlock Homes is fiction right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
so who killed that big dog thing?

@Calyptus, yes England wouldn't work because of the heavy pagan influence and Roman influence and multiple other influences from other cultures who have occupied the British isles over the years.

but in England you have plenty of things such as Stonehenge that link back much further than anything that has been touched in the games yet. to state a lack of history as a reason for not going to England means you are probably American and never learnt British history.

there are still loads of old structures and landmarks that could easily link in with a story relating to things from the past. also Londinium was setup by the Romans in about 46AD (pre dating the existing games) meaning there will be plenty of ancient architecture under the city just from the Romans never mind what came before.

the only thing England lacked in the past was really dense cities, but if Victorian London was to be created it would be massive anyway.

DarkicoN14
12-01-2010, 06:00 AM

Erm... i finished and dont know what your talking about

Blackglasswar
12-01-2010, 06:04 AM
... and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LMAO!!!

Sherlock Holmes is fictitious NOT historical. London would be rubbish through Animus - unless it was Desmond in London... Do a leap of faith from the BT Tower, Gherkin and London Eye!

k0br4
12-01-2010, 06:23 AM
As for the location, I think that London, France and Germany are all good locations.. As for the Female ancestor idea, why not have the option to create a character.. It may be difficult, but you could choose your sex, appearance, attributes and skills.

dkbm95
12-01-2010, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You know Sherlock Homes is fiction right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so Ezio, there isnt proof that sherlock existed but ther was a detective who gave Arther conen doyle the idea.....and it wouldnt be completely un realistic seeing as its possible to jump of a 7 story building into a haystack.....

Blackglasswar
12-01-2010, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dkbm95:
I think the best locatioan for AC3 would be in London. I just don't think France is the right place. Like, there could be jack the ripper and even sherlock holmes working with whoever the new Assassin is. I think London has a rich history and there could be many great things with the newer inventions and technology. I would also love to take a leap of faith off Big Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You know Sherlock Homes is fiction right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so Ezio, there isnt proof that sherlock existed but ther was a detective who gave Arther conen doyle the idea.....and it wouldnt be completely un realistic seeing as its possible to jump of a 7 story building into a haystack..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine... have a sterotypical british detective but so long as it ISN'T Sherlock It'd be fine... but it would be unrealistic. Sweeney Todd was real so that would be an interesting contract but other than that London in the Victorian era would be boring.

caswallawn_2k7
12-01-2010, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sweeney Todd was real so that would be an interesting contract but other than that London in the Victorian era would be boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
jack the ripper? we all know templars are really just prostitutes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Blackglasswar
12-01-2010, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sweeney Todd was real so that would be an interesting contract but other than that London in the Victorian era would be boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
jack the ripper? we all know templars are really just prostitutes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jack the ripper could be Templar seeing as we all know how much Assassins chum up to ******s thanks to Ezio.

Ru1986
12-01-2010, 07:33 AM
London a poor idea and its my home city. London is a series of different places/areas spralled out in a complete mishmash and the free run element would not work very well IMO. Paris far mbetter much more compact city there for more ACish if you like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rb2610
12-01-2010, 07:35 AM
I think at least aesthetically 16-17th Century London would be a really good location for AC3, the grimy dark city streets would be an interesting contrast to the vibrance and elegance of Renaissance Italy (mainly referring to the Carnival in Venice with the 'vibrance')

Also, Great Fire of London would be an awesome setpiece for a chapter, it could have been caused by an Assassin or Templar.

And also the rebuilding of London that happened afterwards would fit in well with the restoration aspect of the AC2 and ACB with Monteriggioni and Rome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
London a poor idea and its my home city. London is a series of different places/areas spralled out in a complete mishmash and the free run element would not work very well IMO. Paris far mbetter much more compact city there for more ACish if you like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To my knowledge the layout of London has changed greatly over the centuries, it started out as a Roman settlement, so would've been based on the very methodical layout of Roman cities. It's only since it started expanding greatly and after being rebuilt after both the Great Fire of London and the bombings in WWII that it's become the sprawling mass it is today.

caswallawn_2k7
12-01-2010, 07:43 AM
RU we are talking Victorian London not Modern London, in the 19th century London actually became the largest city in the world and was very different from how it is now.

D173120T
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I think Victorian London would be excellent for a lot of reasons.I see someone said it would be boring for free running,if you think so,just look at the first few mins of Johnny Depp in Sweeny Todd,they have got Dark Victorian London down to a tee!Templars,oh yes we can get them in no problems.Look at the Temple area in London,its where the Templars had a big Priory,also its where Barristers and Lawyers who usually end up as Polititians go.Dont forget also the Links to Freemasonry and Templars.They figured big in the Jack the Ripper investigations(they even thought that JAck was a member of the Royal Family.

Now for an extra dimension you have the London Underground,plenty of scope there for adventures.Also the East end in Victorian times was rife with all sorts of unsavoury types(and still is!)On the Political front there was no end of espionage going on from all European countries.I think the advent of the "Modern Age" would have such large scope to make the next AC a classic if it were set in Victorian London!(also theres some well wicked artwork with a victorian london feel on the site in the artwork thread)

Sturnz0r
12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
This might be offtopic but i'd want the next assassin's creed to star a female ancestor. Nothing contridicts it and it would be nice to see the world from a woman's point of view. I can also think of many tactical advantages if you know what i mean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get what ur saying it would be something new, and yea there would be some new tactical advantages. but i would wanna play as a female, thats just me. and it wouldn't really work for the story of desmond. But i would like to see maybe a more important female role in the game. maybe the new ancestor has a girlfriend assassin and the main story revolves around them and their fight against the templars or something along the lines. Like how assassin087 said, being able to seduce the guards would be cool, but its already in the game. thats why courtasans are in the game, and u could even use the female assassin recruits for that. it'll be weird but yea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ancestor and his assassin lady friend.. co-op?

Gyro458
12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

Erm... i finished and dont know what your talking about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>*cough* symbol near the top *cough*

Afy96
12-01-2010, 11:24 AM
why you want that AC3 to be set in London or French or Japan? it would be a great place Romania too, in the time of Vlad the Impaler and one of those temples could be in the Carpthian Mountains, like that scene from hellboy ( i know that it wasn't set in Vlad's time but it was in Carpathinans http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Can you please continue this in the ongoing thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

thanks..

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Can you please continue this in the ongoing thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Many thanks..