PDA

View Full Version : 12 world exclusive facts

gamerxclutch
09-28-2009, 07:15 PM
i found this on gamepot.com and i couldnt find on here so i guess this is pretty new and gives some good info 1 ) Ezio regular visit peace of the countryside. You come in beautiful rural areas such as the lush Tuscan that includes the famous town of San Gimignano. Outside the story you can revisite all areas of the game you wish to make secondary missions or unlock secret areas.

2 ) The throwing knives make their appearance again. Unlike Alta´r,Ezio must hit his enemys twice to finish them off. Ezio has ,through Leonardo da Vinci, an extensive arsenal of gadgets including a hand gun and smoke bombs.

3 ) The hand gun can save six bullets in his store. One hit is enough to eleminate your target, but since that time firearms were not exactly accurate, Ezio has to take his victims uninterrupted seconds in the spotlight so he can take them out. The iron bullets also consumed masses gunpowder, so it made gigantic much noise. Shooting equals discovered.

4 ) AC II has a fully developed economic system. You can add additional smoke bombs, bullets for your rifle and throwing knives in the retailers of medieval cities. Smoke bombs are a very usefull item because you can go to your target unseen ,or like in the E3 demonstartion, vanish like a ninja.

5 ) The game contains one or more public executions. These are gameplay-wise extremely interesting becaus many people come together in one place, both supporters of the rulers and the poor soul who is about to be executed in wild cheers of the people. This creates a unique tension for emotional uppercuts in the story.

6 ) The day and night cycle affects the gameplay significantly: at night the streets are empty andc Ezio cant hidde anymore in the crowd. He must work extra careful (stealthy). Some missions are spread over day and night. For example, there is a mission where you must put in the day braziers on top of buildings so at night you can float in the air with your medieval hang glider.

7 ) Weapons can be divided into 4 categories: swords, daggers, blunt weapons and weapons you need to handle with 2 hands. Spears and axes can not be countered with a sword or a dagger. As a player you can do 2 things: capture the arm of your opponent with a counter dodge or wait until you find a hole in his defense.

8 ) Each weapon-category has a custom attack associated with a distinctive animation. With a halberd (an ax with a spear-like stem) you can put a powerful swing to make multiple enemies at once on the floor. Each weapon varies in speed and inflicted damage.

9 ) Many missions are in and around the water. Ezio can swim and use a regular gondola (a typical Venetian boat) to carry the wounded or to go to locations that are inaccessible by land. Larger ships are unfortunately not navigable, but can be used to quickly move between regions. You get a loading screen and then appear to your destination.

10 ) The combat system and the animations are deliberately designed to Ezio's gruesome revenge feelings. The halberd can be drilled into the chest of an enemy and be stuck. You need to instantaneously switch to a different weaponry. This makes fighting more realistic, more varied and a lot more challenging. You must be prepared for anything.

11 ) The female character is called Rosa and is a member of the thieves faction. She plays an important role in the game and reportedly spends much time on your side. You have several of these factions in the game: the thieves, the courtiers and the assassins. Throughout the game you will meet the leaders of these factions and perform missions for them in their favor.

12 ) Once you have won trust of the factions, they perform certain tasks in your command. Each faction has a unique skill. The graceful courtesans can use their charms to seduce security guards so Ezio can sneak past undetected. The thieves can steal items from the guards and effectively divert their attentio

gamerxclutch
09-28-2009, 07:15 PM
i found this on gamepot.com and i couldnt find on here so i guess this is pretty new and gives some good info 1 ) Ezio regular visit peace of the countryside. You come in beautiful rural areas such as the lush Tuscan that includes the famous town of San Gimignano. Outside the story you can revisite all areas of the game you wish to make secondary missions or unlock secret areas.

2 ) The throwing knives make their appearance again. Unlike Alta´r,Ezio must hit his enemys twice to finish them off. Ezio has ,through Leonardo da Vinci, an extensive arsenal of gadgets including a hand gun and smoke bombs.

3 ) The hand gun can save six bullets in his store. One hit is enough to eleminate your target, but since that time firearms were not exactly accurate, Ezio has to take his victims uninterrupted seconds in the spotlight so he can take them out. The iron bullets also consumed masses gunpowder, so it made gigantic much noise. Shooting equals discovered.

4 ) AC II has a fully developed economic system. You can add additional smoke bombs, bullets for your rifle and throwing knives in the retailers of medieval cities. Smoke bombs are a very usefull item because you can go to your target unseen ,or like in the E3 demonstartion, vanish like a ninja.

5 ) The game contains one or more public executions. These are gameplay-wise extremely interesting becaus many people come together in one place, both supporters of the rulers and the poor soul who is about to be executed in wild cheers of the people. This creates a unique tension for emotional uppercuts in the story.

6 ) The day and night cycle affects the gameplay significantly: at night the streets are empty andc Ezio cant hidde anymore in the crowd. He must work extra careful (stealthy). Some missions are spread over day and night. For example, there is a mission where you must put in the day braziers on top of buildings so at night you can float in the air with your medieval hang glider.

7 ) Weapons can be divided into 4 categories: swords, daggers, blunt weapons and weapons you need to handle with 2 hands. Spears and axes can not be countered with a sword or a dagger. As a player you can do 2 things: capture the arm of your opponent with a counter dodge or wait until you find a hole in his defense.

8 ) Each weapon-category has a custom attack associated with a distinctive animation. With a halberd (an ax with a spear-like stem) you can put a powerful swing to make multiple enemies at once on the floor. Each weapon varies in speed and inflicted damage.

9 ) Many missions are in and around the water. Ezio can swim and use a regular gondola (a typical Venetian boat) to carry the wounded or to go to locations that are inaccessible by land. Larger ships are unfortunately not navigable, but can be used to quickly move between regions. You get a loading screen and then appear to your destination.

10 ) The combat system and the animations are deliberately designed to Ezio's gruesome revenge feelings. The halberd can be drilled into the chest of an enemy and be stuck. You need to instantaneously switch to a different weaponry. This makes fighting more realistic, more varied and a lot more challenging. You must be prepared for anything.

11 ) The female character is called Rosa and is a member of the thieves faction. She plays an important role in the game and reportedly spends much time on your side. You have several of these factions in the game: the thieves, the courtiers and the assassins. Throughout the game you will meet the leaders of these factions and perform missions for them in their favor.

12 ) Once you have won trust of the factions, they perform certain tasks in your command. Each faction has a unique skill. The graceful courtesans can use their charms to seduce security guards so Ezio can sneak past undetected. The thieves can steal items from the guards and effectively divert their attentio

thekyle0
09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
These are the translations from a belgian magazine article about AC2. They were posted in the screenshots thread a while ago.

EDIT: Here's the link (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9571020567/p/17)

banner420
09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
you cant counter a spear or axe with the sword???thats so stupid

thekyle0
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't think it is stupid. It makes the combat harder and require more strategy. It makes you feel like you should avoid combat because you're less likely to survive it now. that means the player has to use the stealth aspect. If you have to go into a fight then you should plan your attack. figure out what order you're going to kill the guards in so that you will have the right weapon to kill each one in sequence. Or you could make proper preperation for a fight. Find a lone guard and ambush him with the hidden blades. Once he's dead, take his weapon and then go after the group better equiped. Or hire mercenaries to help you in the fight and let them take care of the guards with weapons you can't counter. Basically, this the game puts a wall in front of you and gives you several ways around it. This = variety.

Why am I ranting so much tonight? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

BleedingEffect3
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
kyles right...in ac1 i would just own all the guards...and be like o wait, im just supposed to sneak past....

banner420
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
2 me its stupid because i want to be able to use my sword and dispatch guards easily like in ac1..to me the sword beats all and it should be able to counter anything

thekyle0
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
that's not the reality though. In fact, in real life the halberd is one of the most effecient weapons for fighting somebody with a sword. But if you want to own people with only a sword than it sounds like AC1 is ideal for you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Skaevola
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
That may be what it's like to you, but it is, unfortunately, unrealistic. If a battle-axe meets a cutlass, the cutlass, and its user, will break. The sword does not beat all, but the user can; just because you can't counter an axe-blow with a sword doesn't mean you can't dodge, hit first, or just run away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Losk_
09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I wonder if we can counter 2 handed weapons with our hidden blades.

banner420
09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
ok well yall are making me relize its ok but is the move where you attack once and as the blade connects you attack again and it does the finisher attack thing in ac1 gonna be in ac2?

Pendragon_082
09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by banner420:
ok well yall are making me relize its ok but is the move where you attack once and as the blade connects you attack again and it does the finisher attack thing in ac1 gonna be in ac2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never really got the hang of that. But I'd imagine we'll have that ability.

banner420
09-28-2009, 08:45 PM
yea in another thread thekyleo said that he seen a video that confirms that its in it but cant show the video because its banned so atleast i kno that in there

PlagueDoctor357
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Those animations are so much better than the counters, and funner, and yes they are in.

There is a shot on the visions of venice where Ezio does the slash, stab into the kidney just like Altair.

door_noob
09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Cool fact. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamerxclutch:
bullets for your rifle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Probably a typo.

banner420
09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
so whats does it mean about the economic system that you can put funds in to better the economy..does that mean the more money you put into sopmething the better the city will become?

Cpt_Yanni
09-28-2009, 11:43 PM
These are the 12 world exclusives from the magazine Official Playstation Magazkne Belgium ... And ******* they were already a month ago on this forum...

sm312
09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Deja Vu!!
And is it bad I only did counters barely any combo kills I suck at those!

banner420
09-29-2009, 12:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sm312:
Deja Vu!!
And is it bad I only did counters barely any combo kills I suck at those! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not bad just u should deff learn them considering the ai is this game are alot better and u count counter everything

sm312
09-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Oh I'm going to get working on that vecaus I'm kind of used to just mashing the button so when I try combo kill I do it too early or too late any suggestions?

banner420
09-29-2009, 12:56 AM
just listen for the cling and try holding the first attack to do the heavy blow and then combo kill..thats the easiest way i think cus your prepared for it

obliviondoll
09-29-2009, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamerxclutch:
i
i
i
enemys
bullets for your rifle
usefull
demonstartion
becaus
andc Ezio cant hidde
attentio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably typos.
peace of the countryside
You come in beautiful rural areas
enemys
but since (at) that time
Ezio has to take his victims uninterrupted seconds
The iron bullets also consumed masses gunpowder, so it made gigantic much noise. Shooting equals discovered.
bullets for your rifle
emotional uppercuts
switch to a different weaponry
the thieves, the courtiers and the assassins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Probably poorly translated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed that for you.

joshua200830
09-29-2009, 03:02 AM
leave the poor guy alone so what he made a few typos you know what he was trying to say!!!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
09-29-2009, 03:21 AM
Several of them are blatant misuses of words, not just typos. And actually, I'm not really sure what he meant by "emotional uppercuts" - I have several wildly different guesses.

Also, I wasn't meaning it to be rude. I'm just being silly. I usually am.

Xanatos2007
09-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Silly Vampire. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
*swats with Bible*

obliviondoll
09-29-2009, 03:24 AM
*blocks swat with own bible*

Xanatos2007
09-29-2009, 03:33 AM
"The Holy Word of God is a strong thing" my arse! *looks for crossbow*

(again proof that Vampires are resistant to religious items)

Sren001
09-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Am i the only one finding combo kills easy xD?
Couse everywhere i "go" people are having a hard time doing it :S

DeSabellis
09-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Hopefully there will be a video that shines light on the new combat system. Aside from E3, <STRIKE>that unauthorized PAX footage was the only glimpse of combat we have seen</STRIKE> we haven't really seen any combat, and even that wasn't much.

I'd like to see how it's improved, and how the different enemies work.

ghost_shild
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey man I already posted this a long time ago!!! here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9571020567/p/17)

gamerxclutch
09-29-2009, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pendragon_082:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by banner420:
ok well yall are making me relize its ok but is the move where you attack once and as the blade connects you attack again and it does the finisher attack thing in ac1 gonna be in ac2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never really got the hang of that. But I'd imagine we'll have that ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>just wait till you here the swords clash together then press the button

MrNussbaum
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
And actually, I'm not really sure what he meant by "emotional uppercuts" - I have several wildly different guesses.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking that he means plot devices that are meant to shock you or "hit you hard" i.e. an uppercut like in boxing.