PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Attack 3

JulesH2004
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Just purchased a Logitech Attack 3 (as I've been having problems with my old MS Sidwinder Precision) and I cannot get it to work correctly.

I've downloaded the Logitech Profiler software and downloaded the IL2 Sturmovik FB profile, but still the button assignments don't work, worst seems to be the throttle, this does not work at all, although in the profiler I can see it working fine.

Is it just the IL2 Sturmovik FB does not recognise the logitech correctly?

Thx

JulesH2004
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Just purchased a Logitech Attack 3 (as I've been having problems with my old MS Sidwinder Precision) and I cannot get it to work correctly.

I've downloaded the Logitech Profiler software and downloaded the IL2 Sturmovik FB profile, but still the button assignments don't work, worst seems to be the throttle, this does not work at all, although in the profiler I can see it working fine.

Is it just the IL2 Sturmovik FB does not recognise the logitech correctly?

Thx

Bearcat99
12-29-2004, 03:35 PM
That is one of the worse joysticks made. Since MS got out of the running uynless you go top dollar like CH Saitek is the best thing smokin.

JulesH2004
12-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback, only purchased the Joystick today, will take it back and exchange it for something a bit better, maybe a Saitek Cyborg?

LStarosta
12-29-2004, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesH2004:
Thanks for the feedback, only purchased the Joystick today, will take it back and exchange it for something a bit better, maybe a Saitek Cyborg? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Saitek Cyborg Evo will be your best bet. IMO best stick in the price range.

JulesH2004
12-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Thanks,

I wish I could stay with my MS Sidewinder Precision 2, but XP seems to not recognise it anymore :-(

Heavy_Weather
12-30-2004, 09:28 AM
yes, take it back for sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

tsisqua
12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesH2004:
Thanks,

I wish I could stay with my MS Sidewinder Precision 2, but XP seems to not recognise it anymore :-( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't use a MS stick, but wondering . . . have you tried to uninstall, then reinstall the stick software? I've seen that work for other guys here that use MS.

Tsisqua

streznjeff
12-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Try to calibrate it in windows aswel maybee it woks beter in there !!!!
START &gt; Configuration &gt; game options &gt; enz.
Also try Hotas settings in game options !!
GOOD luck , been flying logitech for 2 jears now
and had no problems yet (wingman force 3D)
GRTZ strez

JulesH2004
12-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Paid the difference for a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, so far seems alot better.

Just need to start plying FB at last ;-)

knightflyte
12-30-2004, 10:11 PM
I bought my dad a Cyborg Rumble for XMAS. Well since I was at the store I HAD to buy a new stick for myself. I bought the Saitek EVO FORCE.

I like it so far. I use it in conjunction with my X45.

The FF is pretty decent....tho the STICK force could be a LITTLE bit stronger. The bullit, ground, wind buffeting effects are GREAT. Lotsa love there. But, I wish when I was in a high G manuever the stick would resist a little more. Make it feel like I was struggling against the rushing air across the control panels. (I'm being picky...IT'S A GREAT STICK)

Hope you like your EVO Force too.

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

JulesH2004
12-31-2004, 04:06 AM
I find the stick resistance to be a little soft on the Evo Force so far and the buttons on the base don't seem to be in a great poition, but good apart from that.

What do I need to do to set up FF in IL2: FB?

Thanks