PDA

View Full Version : How to see ground objects, vehicles etc in NTRK?

Kaptein_Damli
02-26-2008, 06:39 AM
I have trouble seeing ground objects in replays (NTRK files). I made a ground attack mission, and recorded the mission, but I can´t padlock enemy ground objects like trains, vehicles etc. Is that not possible? In the controls option, I see there is option to see ground objects, but no matter what I press, nothing happens. I can see friendly and teammates in the air, but no ground objects. I belive there is something I have missed! In Lock On, this is not a problem as I can padlock enemy units in replayed track.

Kaptein_Damli
02-26-2008, 06:39 AM
I have trouble seeing ground objects in replays (NTRK files). I made a ground attack mission, and recorded the mission, but I can´t padlock enemy ground objects like trains, vehicles etc. Is that not possible? In the controls option, I see there is option to see ground objects, but no matter what I press, nothing happens. I can see friendly and teammates in the air, but no ground objects. I belive there is something I have missed! In Lock On, this is not a problem as I can padlock enemy units in replayed track.

mbfRoy
02-26-2008, 06:59 AM
I think you have to do this adding static cameras. The only 'vehicles' I've been able to track with the regular camera were boats. As for padlock, maybe CTRL F6 or something like that, I forgot.

Kaptein_Damli
02-26-2008, 07:22 AM
I dunno why there is no option to see ground unit in track files? This would make moviemaking alot easier. In Lock On you can press F6 I think to switch between different units. Guess I will add a lot of static cameras in the mission then. It is also difficult to predict where the column will be at a given time. So where to place those cameras could be tricky as the units have waypoints etc.

VW-IceFire
02-26-2008, 03:25 PM
NTRK? No problem...any vehicle is there. The problem is often with their motion. Turn up your network speed before you start the NTRK if you want to work with vehicles in an NTRK....but really you should have no problems tracking using padlock.

What you do need to do is setup some static cameras if you want to zoom in one them or something like that. But if its just padlock from a plane...perfectly possible.

Kaptein_Damli
02-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Well, what I want is that you could view vehicles etc like you view your own plane in "F2" mode. And just pan around, when you make the strafe. This is possible in Lock On, and I don´t think Oleg needs much time to code this for the 4.09 patch. This would make movimaking alot easier regarding strafing of vehicles.