PDA

View Full Version : If this were a worse case scenario.......

Bearcat99
12-16-2004, 09:18 PM

Lt.Davis
12-16-2004, 09:32 PM
i choose the 1st one bear. Honestly me and my m8 still flying Eastern Front online campaign. Pacific online campaign are way too far for online(no warp).

But in offline, i play IJN, USN and Eastern front. to me if you ask me additional planes/patches of cause the more the merrier.

But i really want flyable trop plane for pacific online campaign with my mate.

tenmmike
12-16-2004, 09:34 PM
no 1 here

F0_Dark_P
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
one here to, couse i will never leave il2 it is the best flight sim ever, and i dont think i will leave it for BOB neither http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

adlabs6
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Is that legal support thread deleted now? I can't find it.

Anyway Bearcat, I know now what it's about, if the recent legal threads at SimHQ are to be believed (I don't doubt this personally).

And the IL2 line is darn well complete as it is. If no more content patches ever were released it still is super complete by comparison to other WW2 sims.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah well I think this kind of thing sucks coming from a mod. I would expect this from some noob but from a guy who patrols these boards to keep out the BS, this really takes the cake. Ivan should come over here and lock this right up. Give me a break. Yeah, if this is the last patch and its as big a mess as the this game has been all along its the last Oleg product I'm buying how bout that. I've bought these games for three years and have enjoyed them a lot but have also put up with a lot of **** as a consumer. Game not working, **** changing, promised developments coming late, half truths and BS. Yeah Oleg supports the product but its always been pretty half assed.

This really pisses me off. On one forum you have a guy telling everybody to relax and stop specualting, and on another you have a guy hinting that support for this game is about to end and a series that I've paid a lot of money for is dying. I don't give a f*** which it is but you better get your f***ing stories straight.

heywooood
12-16-2004, 09:58 PM
it looks and flies so good on my new rig there is no way I'll stop flying it - patch or no patch. Bob or no BoB. period....now , where did I put that Russian/English translation handbook.

And My impression, Bearcat, is that Oleg can't put alot of the finished planes from the patch in for us because of this litigation....so this 'last patch' will be mostly FM and other code tweaks and maybe Jippos Ju88 so it might not be such a big deal after all...patchwise.

GvSAP_Wingnut
12-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Bearcat, Ivan, whoever, you need to get a grip on this now.

BigBear is right... one mod in ORR trying to quell the speculation, another fanning the flames here and at SimHQ... what's going on?

pourshot
12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
I voted #1, but I do wish oleg would come out and tell us what has happened. I'am sure people would support him if he did.

Oleg I have enjoyed your product and I would be sad to see it come to a end.

Recon_609IAP
12-16-2004, 10:08 PM
I am happy, I would be ok with waiting for BoB

Daiichidoku
12-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Maybe if Oleg moves on to BoB he will open the code for FB?

knightflyte
12-16-2004, 10:47 PM
I agree with FO_Dark_P.

I won't be leaving IL2/FB/PF when BoB comes out. I'll BUY BoB....but it won't replace IL2.

Yes, the graphics will be greater... BUT... by then I plan on having a dual PCI Express... Quad layer Intel P whatever... and 4 Gig of Ram in my BTX formfactor case.
Imagine what IL2/PF will look and play like on that.

Ooooooooooooohh I just got goosebumps. LOL

As far as any new releases of patches and airplanes....I'm satisfied. I have MORE THAN MY $40.00 worth. Oleg....you're too nice. For that I thank you.

Most companies would just patch errors and omissions and then wrap it up and call it a day.

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

PS. Big Bear. If you're that upset about a game...you REALLY need a chill pill. The VAST magority got the game working fine. When problems arise, just post and ask for help. Your anger is totally disproportionate to the quality of the product given.....with or wothout support. (You want to get frustrated...try MSCFS III)
Oh... and I'll bet right here and now you'll buy BoB no matter WHAT happens in the future.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-16-2004, 11:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightflyte:
I agree with FO_Dark_P.

I won't be leaving IL2/FB/PF when BoB comes out. I'll BUY BoB....but it won't replace IL2.

Yes, the graphics will be greater... BUT... by then I plan on having a dual PCI Express... Quad layer Intel P whatever... and 4 Gig of Ram in my BTX formfactor case.
Imagine what IL2/PF will look and play like on that.

Ooooooooooooohh I just got goosebumps. LOL

As far as any new releases of patches and airplanes....I'm satisfied. I have MORE THAN MY $40.00 worth. Oleg....you're too nice. For that I thank you.

Most companies would just patch errors and omissions and then wrap it up and call it a day.

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

PS. Big Bear. If you're that upset about a game...you REALLY need a chill pill. The VAST magority got the game working fine. When problems arise, just post and ask for help. Your anger is totally disproportionate to the quality of the product given.....with or wothout support. (You want to get frustrated...try MSCFS III)
Oh... and I'll bet right here and now you'll buy BoB no matter WHAT happens in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps I came off a little to rash in my first post. I'm under a bit of stress right now and I'm highly irretable and for that I apologize.

I have no problems with the game running currently but throughout this game's development there have been multiple issues with the way in which the game has performed. Many of these issues were unsolveable and players had to wait for subsequent patches before problems were resolved.

I own CFS3 and I enjoy it very much. I had some minor problems with it but now it runs very well. When combined with the firepower addon it is really a nice flight sim and would be loved and enjoyed by all if Il2 wasn't on the market. I play it probably just as much as I play PF and there are many aspects about it that I prefer. I like them both so I play them both.

I am sad to say that after three years if they plan on releasing one final patch and calling it quits I'm really going to move on. A lot of people truly love this sim and think the world of it but I purchase each one with the knowledge that it will continue to be patched, updated, and added to. If this is no longer going to happen I don't think I'll continue to be a customer.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-16-2004, 11:06 PM
PS. I stand by what I said about the mods. You guys really need to get together on this thing and maybe stop the proliferation of speculation threads that are popping up. We are all customers and the vast majority paid for this product and I think it would be nice to get some sort of information other than some vague statements and conflicting messages.

LEXX_Luthor
12-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Bear:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If all the remaining stuff waiting in the wings at 1C was put into the sim and that was it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you mean Ju~88, Pe~2, G4M, and Mosquito, those I *really* need the most. Then bring on BoB Poland addon pac with Bf~109 Dora for the real Dora simmers here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Worse case...they will work it out just fine.

Bearcat99
12-17-2004, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Yeah well I think this kind of thing sucks coming from a mod. I would expect this from some noob but from a guy who patrols these boards to keep out the BS, this really takes the cake. Ivan should come over here and lock this right up. Give me a break. Yeah, if this is the last patch and its as big a mess as the this game has been all along its the last Oleg product I'm buying how bout that. I've bought these games for three years and have enjoyed them a lot but have also put up with a lot of **** as a consumer. Game not working, **** changing, promised developments coming late, half truths and BS. Yeah Oleg supports the product but its always been pretty half assed.

This really pisses me off. On one forum you have a guy telling everybody to relax and stop specualting, and on another you have a guy hinting that support for this game is about to end and a series that I've paid a lot of money for is dying. I don't give a f*** which it is but you better get your f***ing stories straight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off there is this thread (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=114;t=002258). What because Im a moderator Im not supposed to have an opinion? Secondly... this is a poll. A simple five answer poll. All that other stuff is unneccessary. Had this poll come out last week while waiting for the patch all would have been well but now in light of recent developements it is wrong? I dont think so. Its a poll period. If you feel that way BB then cool..... but you dont have to flame me for asking a simple question in a poll. All that other stuff is unneccessary and counterproductive. All the cursing and whatnot is out of line. Thank you for participating in the poll.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Recon_609IAP
12-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Bear, the mods aren't getting paid, they all have real lives and probably spend too much time here as it is.

So, in their defense, it is up to the people to not start 500 million threads, not up to the mods to stop 500 million threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Let's not put the fault on them - they do a tremendous job!

Breeze147
12-17-2004, 06:47 AM
I would still support this product no matter what, but PF without American torpedo bombers is totally incomplete.

The real shame, if I understand this correctly, is that any hope for a big bomber sim and eventually Korea is out of the question.

WOLFMondo
12-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Anything is better than nothing. If all the stuff was put in and no more patches I'd be happy but as long as the QA process weeded out the bugs. Maybe a total open beta on any remaining content to be added.

Tully__
12-17-2004, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
Yeah well I think this kind of thing sucks coming from a mod. I would expect this from some noob but from a guy who patrols these boards to keep out the BS, this really takes the cake. ...
This really pisses me off. On one forum you have a guy telling everybody to relax and stop specualting, and on another you have a guy hinting that support for this game is about to end and a series that I've paid a lot of money for is dying. I don't give a f*** which it is but you better get your f***ing stories straight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please try to remember that the moderators are for the most part members of the community just like you and I. They generally have little if any more info on what's really going on and are as keen as the rest of us to find out what's going on when there appears to be a threat to our hobby. They are NOT Ubi or 1C:Maddox staff (though there exists the possibility that some may be in the beta program but aren't saying due to Non-disclosure agreements). In practical terms the only difference between the average community member and a moderator is a couple of extra buttons on the forum interface (ban, delete, etc...).

carguy_
12-17-2004, 07:21 AM
To me IL2 series without this support becomes a game like any other.Currently nothing close to so,I`ll fly until something better comes up.

Ankanor
12-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Call me fanboy, but I really like this sim. Personally, I was satisfied with the planeset even before PF came out. And while I will deeply regret not having the ability to plunge in a Flak storm in my slow Avenger, skimming the waves and maneuvering to throw off the gunners' aim, teeth clenched and sweating... life isn't fair. And that's the great thing about it. Number 1 here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

And I think I will continue playing FB even when I get my hands(hopefully) on the BoB. A Sim without a Flug-Werk 190, both the ANTONy and the TheoDORA types is not a complete sim for me.
Biased? H-e-e-e-ell yeah!!!

LLv26_Morko
12-17-2004, 07:36 AM
No1 no doubt about it, after all the flaws fb+aep+pf is still the best wwII flight sim ever made!

Bearcat99
12-17-2004, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Breeze147:
I would still support this product no matter what, but PF without American torpedo bombers is totally incomplete.

The real shame, if I understand this correctly, is that any hope for a big bomber sim and eventually Korea is out of the question. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I agree with you about the torp bombers...I didnt even think about Korea but you are right. I wonder how much the royalties would be to use designs that are not only part of history but such an imortant part of history.

sithgod
12-17-2004, 05:07 PM
I'll keep playing it no matter what. But I would much rather see more planes and dynamic campaigns released. We all have personal favourites when it comes to planes and while there is a very good list now one look at the boards shows that alot of good well known planes are missing and on peoples want list.

I am really looking forward to BoB but I am hoping that the 3rd party developers will continue to make some good add-ons. If the quality on the campaigns etc is good then I will buy them for the Il2 line even after Bob comes out.

cbazza
12-17-2004, 05:31 PM
If there were no more patches i'd revert back to FB AEP 2.04. Fewer planes, maps and features, but it's just far better in terms of performance - besides which i'm always flying over Eastern Front maps anyway.

MaxMhz
12-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Yup - choise 1 too keep playing - the sad thing is (even the "inventor" of mp3 warned about this would happen) it will get even worse...

Did you take a screenshot lately?
And don't even mention a p5* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DMCA is to blame if you ask me...
http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

So you US folks - wake UP ! - write to congress !!

And eh... read it - my PF is in dire need of repair - it's missing planes - US planes that US citizens payed a lot of taxes for - in which a lot of US soldiers died - and we can't use them? Great ! Real patriotic I'd say!

Gibbage1
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Personally, I think IL2 is complete. Everything after was just iceing. PF, as it stands, is not complete. I have faith in Oleg that after the 3.03 patch it will be. I would be bummed that support stopped after that (Since it would KILL my Catalina project), but I truly dont think that will happen. IL2/Aces/PF still has leggs. How much leggs all depends on how well PF sells. Since it got in before the Holidays, I have a good outlook on it. As long as Ubi puts copy's on the shelf for people to buy.

MaxMhz
12-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Well there is a LOT more hanging on this than UBI putting copies on shelves...

Suppose game manufacturers give in - hmm how much?
Will US planes suddenly become Ueber ?
Will we have to pay per plane ? (like $0,99 per song on some sites now?) - do the math - It'll be more expensive than CFS3 and Oleg won't see a dime! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
If this passes it's real bad...

p.s. I gave up on ever flying the cat a while back...

Raptor_20thFG
12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
I missed something big didnt I well I look at it like this if this is the end which it isnt Mr Maddox has given us one heck of a sim and I thank him for that and thats all I have to say about that

Soapy_112th
12-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Option 1 for me, even if you consider this an incomlete product, it is still more than most games/sims end up way after the support has dried up.

With each new addon/patch in the past we had more options regarding mission building/planesets/objects etc ( although some may have found the FMs perhaps simpler ? ) if you only play the game exclusivley offline, I could see some reason to feel upset, but if you embrace the online part, and use a good server or fly on a good squad, you have one of the best "products" out there.

My squadron have been flying since the original IL2, and we take each patch/addon/standalone, in our stead. Broader scope for some good flying and good fun.

Look at the Movie makers forum, the mission builders forum, and see how people have embraced the changes to create free resources for us all to enjoy.

I do feel for those who feel disenchanted by the apparent lack of future support, but honestly, we have been a bit spoiled over the last few years and I'm of the opinion that what we have already, is far far superior to what any other product would have given us.

MaxMhz
12-17-2004, 07:26 PM
It would be a SHAME if one countrie's planes would be left-out or altered - just because of money - or some corporate ***** having a BAD idea.

And that's the last I'll say on this.

Bull_dog_
12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I will fly it as long as it is the best and it is now and into the forseeable future.

I don't see why we couldn't still get upgrades/pits etc for aircraft in the game already, but I'm no lawyer and I suppose Oleg probably doesn't want to press his luck.

I voted for the first one, but that would be assuming we get the new maps the tiffie, skeeter, pe, ju and a spit 22. If the Western front aircraft stay missing in action then I would obviously have to fly something else if I wanted to fly those aircraft...unfortunately the CFS series is the only thing I know of and while I like number 2 alot it just isn't the same anymore...and 3 sucked, sucks and still sucks even after I got a new uber computer

bird_brain
12-17-2004, 08:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Yeah well I think this kind of thing sucks coming from a mod. I would expect this from some noob but from a guy who patrols these boards to keep out the BS, this really takes the cake. Ivan should come over here and lock this right up.... I don't give a f*** which it is but you better get your f***ing stories straight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off there is this http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=114;t=002258. What because Im a moderator Im not supposed to have an opinion? .....Thank you for participating in the poll.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on BigBear, Bearcat is entitled to an opinion too. Just because someone is a moderator it should not mean they can no longer actively participate in discussions designed to point out possible future plans for 1C and ways to make this better for all of us. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

My opinion is that this is still the best flight sim ever.........and my wife still makes fun of all the expensive CDs I have in a drawer that I never even look at any more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif BoB will have to be pretty darn spectacular to get me to quit flying what we have right now, even with no more patches.

Bearcat, don't let them shut you up just 'cause you don't put with the cr@p. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WTE_Ibis
12-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Well I'll fly it till BOB but I'd fly it a lot longer with Mosquito, Tempest and late model Spit.
Can't believe some of the most important allied
planes are unlikely to see the light of day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Atomic_Marten
12-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Voted 2nd option. Such enormous work is not to be wasted.

Still, game would remain excellent..

ucanfly
12-18-2004, 12:33 AM
No Avenger is a BIG FAT LETDOWN. Sorry - just being honest. Great game, but these latest developments are really bad news for PF. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Sharpe26
12-18-2004, 02:28 AM
I chose the second option, I'd have this feeling that there'd still be stuff missing.

Sig.Hirsch
12-18-2004, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Bear:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If all the remaining stuff waiting in the wings at 1C was put into the sim and that was it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you mean Ju~88, Pe~2, G4M, and Mosquito, those I *really* need the most. Then bring on BoB Poland addon pac with Bf~109 Dora for the real Dora simmers here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Worse case...they will work it out just fine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
you forgot the Me-410 ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I voted nā?2 , though , the less patch we'll have , the sooner we'll get BoB .
But anyway , FB is a myth for me , so i'll support it till the end , patch or not patch , but i have to admit that i had a lot of expectations about it , maybe too much , i was hoping for far more Brit planes , 2 more german twin engine-planes and more Japanese representation in PF as well as the Avenger flyable , but apparently it'll be difficult if not impossible ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
it'll surely be a huge disappointment , but not enough to leave this fantastic simulation

Bearcat99
12-18-2004, 06:08 AM
What I was looking for is what I got... very few 3 & 4 options... I just wanted to see where the general community stood thats all... I guess I should retitle this.

tsisqua
12-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Bearcat99,
I voted #1.

And as far as you are concerned, Mate . . .

I don't think that any of us could be any greater supporters of this hobby than you, my friend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The extra time that you put into these forums is greatly appreciated, and you are a patient, gentle guy, that has proved over, and over again, that you are a great mod.

In case nobody remembers,Bearcat was one of the top selected individuals in a community poll asking who we would like to see moderate these forums. I don't think that this has ever happened here before, and having Bearcat here as a mod was a great move. He has continued to be, not only a good mod, but also <span class="ev_code_RED">one of us!</span>

I'll play with our hobby well after release of BoB, Bearcat. I still haven't seen water=3 yet on my machine, and won't until a shader 3.0 video card makes it into my machine, and then I will start enjoying it all over again. There are many years left for me to enjoy IL2/FB/AEP/PF/bla bla bla.

~S~
Tsisqua

Mashie_Nibblick
12-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Honestly, if this is all we get, it's still a d@mn fine game. There are a couple of planes I'd still like to see, of course, but their absence doesn't mean that I still won't be sitting down here every day the same as usual, getting my stick time in. What we have now is a fantastic game.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi

I just watched a doc on royalties and copy write, they focused on the bee gees and their songs. They get money every time a song is played, no matter where in the world.

Its the same with aircraft companies and their planes. Common sense really.

sithgod
12-18-2004, 01:28 PM
The Bee Gee's are just the Bee Gees no extra influance.

Did the U.S. Navy have to pay Grummand every time they did a recruitment poster with a Wildcat on it.

Does British airways have to pay Boeing everytime they do an add with a 747

lipp98
12-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Well I`m alittle disappointed but not by much
I LOVE THIS FREAKIN SIM!!!!Thanks Guy`s!!!Hell I played EAW for years I wore the **** disk out
I thought I was in heaven playing that thing!I`m going to keep on playing man! I`m 42yrs old
I work my butt off like everyone else.I get off work at 4:30pm Take a shower eat and play AEP&FB
until I go to bed about 9pm.It freakin relaxes me big time!Wife gets alittle irrated at me but who cares I`ve been married for 24yrs! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

leadbaloon
12-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Sea Zero

You're a bell end.

I'll take the ban, it's worth it.

leadbaloon
12-18-2004, 03:02 PM
...and it's copyright by the way.

See you all in a week or so.

knightflyte
12-18-2004, 06:19 PM
What's a bell end?

regards,
Robert

*edit* Nevermind. DUH!

Bearcat99
12-18-2004, 08:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lipp98:
Well I`m alittle disappointed but not by much
I LOVE THIS FREAKIN SIM!!!!Thanks Guy`s!!!Hell I played EAW for years I wore the **** disk out
I thought I was in heaven playing that thing!I`m going to keep on playing man! I`m 42yrs old
I work my butt off like everyone else.I get off work at 4:30pm Take a shower eat and play AEP&FB
until I go to bed about 9pm.It freakin relaxes me big time!Wife gets alittle irrated at me but who cares I`ve been married for 24yrs! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO..... I'm there!!!!