PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Starting Date

HeibgesU999
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
In SH1 you could start a campaign on any month of the War from December 1941 onward.

How will the start date be structured in SH3?

Hopefully there will be realistic time passing between mission. You shouldn't be able to go on more than 4 or so patrols each year.

HeibgesU999
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
In SH1 you could start a campaign on any month of the War from December 1941 onward.

How will the start date be structured in SH3?

Hopefully there will be realistic time passing between mission. You shouldn't be able to go on more than 4 or so patrols each year.

SailorSteve
06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
That "any month" concept was one place SHI was better even than AOD, which only allowed you to start at the beginning of a "Period" which lasted several months.

AOD, on the other hand, had realistic "in port" times, lasting from 20 to 30 days. I once had damage keep me in the pens for 97 days!

Either one was better than SHII. I hope SHIII will have the best of both.

The poster said "Join The Navy, See The World". So I did, and I'm here to tell you, the world is flat and blue.

HeibgesU999
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
I sure hope so.

The one thing I didn't like about SH1 was that you only spent 4 or 5 days in port after every patrol.

I wish I had played AoD because spending 97 days doing repairs is really realistic.

If you are given a new boat in SH3, I hope that several months pass while your crew trains up on the new boat. Or you train your new crew.

That will be an interesting choice. Do you keep your old boat with trained crew, or take the technically superior boat, but with a "green" crew?