PDA

View Full Version : New gametypes suggestion thread.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Obviously Brotherhood does not have a huge amount of game types available. i thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for anyone who can think up any.

P.S. I have no idea what they could had lol. But this kid here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4371020498) has one idea.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Obviously Brotherhood does not have a huge amount of game types available. i thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for anyone who can think up any.

P.S. I have no idea what they could had lol. But this kid here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4371020498) has one idea.

lggy
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I do think this game has some fairly large potential for exploring new ways to improve on the multiplayer experience. I think they've done a great job, considering this is their first shot.

I'm not so sure I agree with the idea in the link you posted. AC multiplayer is a reletivley new twist to traditional MP experiences, based on stealth. Trying to implement a Call of Duty style MP to me is the equivalent of saying: "I enjoy this new Mexican restaurant. It's a change from all the pizza places around here, which I also love. Mexican is food. So is pizza. Maybe the mexican place should serve pizza!" Not only has it already been done, but chances are you'll probably be disappointed in the quality of pizza.

I think it'd be more beneficial to concentrate on improving current MP game play by giving greater variety to what's already there. Someone had posted a cool idea involving a form of "tag", where the object is to hold on to an item as long as possible, while others hunt you in order to hold the item themselves.

I also think it'd be helpful to flesh out what seems to be certain types of "game play". Some people play stealthy and play it close using poison, some play stealthy and keep distance using a gun, and some play all out high profile rooftop style. Maybe introduce abilities or perks that enhance that style for the player, while giving other perks to other players that counter those styles.

One of the nice things about a game like CoD, which doesn't need to be specific to that kind of MP style, is the variety offered in terms of strategy, I.e. Different weapons, defensive items, or grenades effect how you approach the battle (sniper vs. grunt). It'd be cool to find a way of incorporating that variety within a stealth game. Maybe the addition of traps, and a perk to detect them?

Anyway, just food for thought.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah I didn't think much about the kids idea, I just posted a link to see what others thought. The more I think about it the more I reckon people will eventually get bored and play other games.

SirPhist
11-23-2010, 10:26 PM
i'm sticking to my idea on unlimited time to earn a certain score. this score should be virtually unreachable to the constant conspicuous slashers & shooters. like i said, getting as many "kills" as you can in a given time limit is halo and call of duty. i say "kills" because it reminds me of halo or cod. the dumbed down, even immature?, style gaming of five years ago, "my kill!" point n shoot "...my kill!" grenade! "...ahhh! you stole my kill!...KILL! KILL! KILL! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!"

only completing contracts with planning, precision, patience, and timing will earn enough score to win the match. not forgetting escaping one's own pursuers to boot. and that takes up time i could be using to complete my contracts.

dude! i just brainstormed this just now! maybe it's more of a 2v2 type of game. but you're given one contract. don't f it up because it is only one for this ten minute round. then the other team has the contract to assassinate one of you. the rounds rotate back and forth seeing how well you can assassinate one target or evade assassination. for so many rounds, probably two: each team gets two chances to earn the highest contract score to win the match.

RBlount10
11-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Modes
Horse Racing or Air Race:
Horse race is pretty much explains its self but air race is with Da Vinci Flying machine across the map(bonfires across the map for people to get air)
Race:
A mode when assassins race across a city on by foot,horse,boat. Race across buildings as fast you can to the finish line.
Historical hunt:
Poeple must hunt down one of the famous people(any of the historical figures in AC series) The hunted figure will have special abilities that makes it hard to kill him.
Horde:
Like every horde mode we saw a group of four assassins with full equipment(swords, knives and and maybe cannons) defend againest waves of enemies.
Skins
Followers of Romulus( the pagan cult that dress up like wolves)
Knight Templar knights

Broshimitsu
11-25-2010, 07:39 PM
How about making the "Advanced" modes more advanced by disabling certain abilities ie Templar Vision and Charge.

Would it be too much trouble to create a mode where you had to rely on observation to spot your target/pursuer rather than perks that do it for you?

CASP3R421
11-26-2010, 09:21 AM
how about a straight up freerunning race mode? kind of like mirrors edge had with the multiplayer

Just Dave Man
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Mirrors Edge had time attack it was slightly dull.

I love the roof racing in AC. The checkpoint system works well. I think a roof race mode with check points around the maps would be pretty cool. I love the stealth killings but sometimes I just wanna run like crazy on the roof tops. I always stop myself because its not the most beneficial way to score but sometimes Id love to.

wLKr
12-07-2010, 02:31 AM
OK this is basically Oddball from halo but what you would do is retrieve the apple of eden and score points for holding it. When you pick up the apple it would morph every NPC on the map so you could blend anywhere. While the other seven players would hunt you getting points for killing you and giving them the apple.

Team Wanted: 4v4 your peruser/target will only be on the other team. Forcing you to work with your team to identify your target/pursuer as well as theirs.

BIG TEAM BATTLE. I'm sick of only being able to play with 3 of my friends at a time in ranked matches.

UnDead_x_Jamie
12-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Maybe like a straight out deathmatch and things with crossbows, hidden guns, swords, daggers, and what not but with a currency system from the game to buy and upgrade to new weapons and armour. or just a modes which enable you to use swords to kill and counter kill

Rainie
12-08-2010, 02:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wLKr:
OK this is basically Oddball from halo but what you would do is retrieve the apple of eden and score points for holding it. When you pick up the apple it would morph every NPC on the map so you could blend anywhere. While the other seven players would hunt you getting points for killing you and giving them the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds like fun lol

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 09:24 AM
How about a "purist" mode where players don't get ANY abilities, perks, etc.

Help with the "Purist" challenge, and would be nice for those who complain that "Templar Vision/Smoke/Morph/Poison is overpowered" or "it's unfair when level 50s go up against lower levels".

ZnorfRat
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe a game mode where its free for all however you have no target and can kill anyone who acts unlike an npc. There would be no radar and it would require people to use stealth and observation. Also you lose points if you kill a npc maybe like 50 or something iunno the number.

rocketxsurgeon
12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I'd like a capture the flag mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

smarquis33
12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Tactical
The game assigns 2 characters. Players can only choose between these two character models. Every player has advanced compass (the death streak) always set and no perks/abilities (maybe disguise?) the computer players are only those two character models
This would make stealth and observation necessary.
Team tactical- same as above, but 4 on 4

EgyptRaider
12-09-2010, 12:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
I'd like a capture the flag mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes yes yes yes yes! that would be awesome.. I was actually suprised that it wasn't in the original version.

The one with the POE was also a very nice one!

scary_hairy
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes i think a capture the flag game, like that from the venetian carnival in AC2 would be good but i also love the idea of the checkpiont race. Basically something that isnt just the kill and be killed game mode to add a bit of flare and variety to the multiplayer.

luth411
12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Ubi has other game modes in testing. I don't have the quote in front of me, but I'm pretty sure they intimated objective-based game modes. Obviously, the advanced modes for existing game types are in testing too. I'm not sure a lot of people realize that there are other game modes not yet released that Ubi is finishing testing before going public.

rmmustang20
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
maybe like some sort of 3v3v3 where its like alliance but once your dead your dead for that round and last man standing or team standing that team wins and have like the first team to win a certain amount of rounds win or have a seyt number of rounds and whoever gets the most round wins would win. the whole idea of adding in points stumpted me but i thought if you give everybody in the game like 3 lives then you could say instead of the last man standing win then when theres only 1 person/ team left then the team with the most points win that round idk what youd call it and it sounds kinda wierd but idk somthing different then the usually runing around dying and just coming back it forces people to really be cautious about being killed

obliviondoll
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmmustang20:
maybe like some sort of 3v3v3 where its like alliance but once your dead your dead for that round </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That idea never works, because players are impatient and when people die, they generally just quit instead of waiting for the next round.

Also, 8 players is the most we've seen, you're asking them to add an extra, not saying it can't be done, but there's likely to be a reason Alliance was only 6 players.

DannyStrong
12-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This isn't a full fleshed out idea. But It'd be cool to have some kind of like "courier" mode which would basically be the assassin's creed version of CTF where one team (or both teams at the same time) are trying to deliver an object to a location while the other team tries to stop them.

Here's a little more details on this concept

one team are the couriers, the other are the theives. The couriers either have a VIP they have to protect or they all have letters to deliver (I think having a VIP who actually carries the letter makes the most sense). If the VIP dies then someone else on the team becomes the VIP courier. The VIP first needs to go to a NPC discreetly, pick up the letter, then they need to deliver it to another NPC. The non VIP couriers try to protect the VIP by identifying theives or distracting or stunning them.

The thieves team wants to intercept the letter(s). However they can't tell who is the VIP and who isnt (ie they can't just choose to target the VIP). You get points for assassinating any of the members of the courier team, but the primary goal is to intercept the letter. You get more points for intercepting the letter by pick pocketing than by killing the VIP. If you kill a courier you have to loot their body to recover the letter/find out if they have the letter.

In the other variant where both teams are couriers, then both the teams will have a VIP courier, and the non VIP teamates are thieves who must decide amongst themselves who should focus on protecting their VIP or attacking the other VIP.

The overall idea here is that this is the same game of manhunt, but the defensive team are now couriers, and you get lots of points for either delivering the letter or intercepting it depending on what team your on.

The only problem with this is that some of the maps might be a bit too small to do this game type (like that one where it's a carnival or something and hourses are running along the outside). Smaller maps will allow for the VIPs to constantly be delivering letters. A succesful delivery should be something that only happens once or twice a game, maybe 3 times if the team is really skilled. They might need to make some new maps that are a little bigger, or just make sure that however the game mode is made that it works well with the current maps.

Quitetingly
12-09-2010, 10:16 PM
protect mode, one VIP with a goal point, four guards, three assassins. Gun limited to guards for obvious reasons. I believe the origional Team fortress had something similar. Worked well with it.

killerkoala129
12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
MAYBE a mode like wanted but all the players have the same set ability and every 2 minutes your set ability changes... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif