PDA

View Full Version : problems with keys

bushido888
01-27-2006, 06:39 AM
so i remap some keys and know they don't work any more like G for the gear if i press it noting happens it is the same for B for brakes they don't work ether. I have the the new patch installed. The other keys seem to work but it doesn't matter what keys i use for the gear and breaks they never work

thnx

bushido888
01-27-2006, 06:39 AM
so i remap some keys and know they don't work any more like G for the gear if i press it noting happens it is the same for B for brakes they don't work ether. I have the the new patch installed. The other keys seem to work but it doesn't matter what keys i use for the gear and breaks they never work

thnx

dtk419
01-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Haven't been at this to long, this may be correct.. B (brakes) you have to tap the key (B)
if you hold down when the plane slows it will nose over. Just tap it will eventually slow up. On the G, this lift or lowers the gear on certain planes, if your flying a F4F (Hellcat)
you have to manuly lower or raise the gear. Dedicate a letter for each, again tap and they will rise or lower. Hope this helps....Denny

Skycat_2
01-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Did you change B and G to do something else? Otherwise their default functions should have remained unchanged. You can even assign two different key combinations to most functions so usually even if you assign an unused keyboard combination to a default assignment (like CNTRL+G for landing gear) the default key will also be available, assuming you don't erase it by assigning the default key to another feature (like mapping 'G' to 'gunsight toggle' or something).

I believe it is the F4F Wildcat that has the manually retracting landing gear, not the F6F Hellcat. The Soviet I-16 also has manual gear, if you're playing FB.

I use 'U' (for Up) for manually raising landing gear and 'Y' for manually lowering the gear. 'G' then remains the default automatic raise/lower.

Also, your 'brakes' problem -- I'm guessing here -- occurs when you're on the carrier and you want to take off, correct? You're wondering why 'B' doesn't unlock the brakes to allow you to move forward. In Pacific Fighters, the idling planes are held in place by chocks that must be released for take-off. You'll have to assign a key for that however, because there isn't one mapped by default. I use 'C' for "chocks." "While you're at it you might as well map 'H' to "tailhook." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bushido888
01-28-2006, 02:45 AM
thnx you really helped me i didn't use the chocks that was my break problem and i'm indeed flying a F4F sow now i raise/lower the gear manualy and it works fine.