PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter in 3.03 still has an error...aaarrgh

Burnin_777_AVG
12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Guys,

Can you bombard Oleg with some email to alert him about this. I've been trying for months and I KNOW that this wasn't there when we submitted the model. I'm getting tired of flying a porked Beau.

BV

http://777AVG.com/screens/Beauerror1.jpg

http://777AVG.com/screens/Beauerror2.jpg

p1ngu666
12-25-2004, 08:16 PM
isit texture or model thats wrong?

if model then i hope 04 fixes it, and zero 5b too

Burnin_777_AVG
12-25-2004, 09:25 PM
It's the model and it has been like that since the release. After we submitted the model it got "re-worked" by someone at 1C and this error occured. I know for a fact that this wasn't present on the model we submitted. We know we got some things wrong, but not that one.
I can't believe they have not fixed it yet. And I looked at my old model and all my Aileron panel-lines matched up too. On the in-game model they are slightly off, so something was tweaked on the wings by 1C.

BV

GRYPHON_401Cdn
12-26-2004, 12:45 AM
I have to say the small gaps do not detract from the excellent model IMHO. On the other hand, have you noticed that the Beau sometimes wont show RAF roundels, especially if you select them in a PF map over a skin? Now that's a pain. Not sure where the bug lies tho.

ruf9ii
12-26-2004, 01:36 AM
jees you guys, when i read the first post i thought it was a troll, until you posted the pics and appeared serious...

i dont see the big deal. unless you fly looking out the window constantly instead of the front, or you fly in outside view only like in crimson skies then this shouldnt be a problem...unless your such a ridiculously awesome pilot that you can move up on an enemy so close as to discern these lines in the model. (in which case in online games aileron and elevator movements arn't shown).

just be happy, its not a big deal and other software guys would usually make us pay for updates like 1C gives us.

Dunkelgrun
12-26-2004, 03:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ruf9ii:
jees you guys, when i read the first post i thought it was a troll, until you posted the pics and appeared serious...

i dont see the big deal. unless you fly looking out the window constantly instead of the front, or you fly in outside view only like in crimson skies then this shouldnt be a problem...unless your such a ridiculously awesome pilot that you can move up on an enemy so close as to discern these lines in the model. (in which case in online games aileron and elevator movements arn't shown).

just be happy, its not a big deal and other software guys would usually make us pay for updates like 1C gives us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the modeller making these observations, I believe he has the right to.
Thanks for the Beau, Burnin, very nice work.

Cheers!

FoolTrottel
12-26-2004, 03:08 AM
To ruf9ii:
Just imagine YOU submitted a model, and it came out that way! With a flaw you did not submit.... He (Burnin_777_AVG & team) did submit the Beau.... To him(them) it is a big deal...

To Burnin_777_AVG:
Maybe, just maybe the had do correct 'something' to make it flyable, and this was the unfortunate result......? (I'm not into modeling.... just guessing here)
Anyhow, you modelled it and it got into the game: Great Job!
(I'm not going to bombard Oleg with emails. I assume they are aware of the error, and if they have time they'll fix it. If not? Too bad... but hey, it's there, and it's flyable!)

Burnin_777_AVG
12-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Just for the record. Halfwit was the actual modeller and I was the skin artist and facillitator for the project. It was a true team effort. I just want to make sure that people know that. I hope it gets fixed. I don't complain much on these boards, but ya this one is probably annoying to me more then anyone.

BV