PDA

View Full Version : Il2 and a server. Help please.

tinbum2005
02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Lo all.

Im part of a multi gaming guild, and we have a server which we run multiple games of, (CoD4, CSS, Bf2142 etc etc) and i was wondering if it is possible for me to run an IL2 server of this aswell?

Im a complete noob when it comes to anything technical. Im just gathering the info then will pass it on to a server admin and they will make it happen.

Do i just need to download the IL2 server client and patch to 4.08?

Once the server is up (assuming we get it up) what tools do i need to admin the server?

any and all help will be great.

Thanks
Tinbum

tinbum2005
02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Lo all.

Im part of a multi gaming guild, and we have a server which we run multiple games of, (CoD4, CSS, Bf2142 etc etc) and i was wondering if it is possible for me to run an IL2 server of this aswell?

Im a complete noob when it comes to anything technical. Im just gathering the info then will pass it on to a server admin and they will make it happen.

Do i just need to download the IL2 server client and patch to 4.08?

Once the server is up (assuming we get it up) what tools do i need to admin the server?

any and all help will be great.

Thanks
Tinbum

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes, just get the dedicated server client and patch it up, then for admin there are a couple of good options, FBDeamon and IL2 Sever commander.

tinbum2005
02-12-2009, 03:57 AM
thanks mate.

Another question. can a server only run dogfights? Or can i get a campaign on there?

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Generally the dedicated server is for dogfights. There is a guy who figured out how to do a dedicated co-op server, you may have to search for it but it's possible.

Xiolablu3
02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I think it was Rnzoli who you are speaking about, Urufu?