PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 BETA: Installation

Aviar
12-27-2007, 08:51 AM
People, please use a little brain power and back up your files before patching. This way you can easily go back to 4.08 if for some reason you may want to. Remember, this is a BETA patch.

What I always do when patching IL-2 is to unzip to an EMPTY FOLDER. Now you can look at all the files that will be overwritten in your IL-2 folder.

Take those files (from your game folder) and MAKE A COPY of them and put them in a safe place. Now you can manually COPY the patch files into your game folder.

The 4.09 BETA map patch has some brand new files but also some files that you will have to save. These are the ones you should save from your IL-2 folder:

files.SFS
il2_core.dll
il2_corep4.dll
mg_snd.dll
mg_snd_sse.dll

The 'Regiments' folder has some new files, but none that will be overwritten.

For your own good, please use a little common sense when applying patches. Every time a patch comes out, I see people crying that they somehow messed up and they need to re-install the game, possibly losing some settings in the process.

The only time I have ever had to re-install IL-2 is when I bought a new computer. Take a little extra time to do it right and you'll be a lot happier in the long run. Enjoy the new maps.

Happy Flying!

Link to FileFront mirror: http://hosted.filefront.com/MaXMhZ/

Aviar

Aviar
12-27-2007, 08:51 AM
People, please use a little brain power and back up your files before patching. This way you can easily go back to 4.08 if for some reason you may want to. Remember, this is a BETA patch.

What I always do when patching IL-2 is to unzip to an EMPTY FOLDER. Now you can look at all the files that will be overwritten in your IL-2 folder.

Take those files (from your game folder) and MAKE A COPY of them and put them in a safe place. Now you can manually COPY the patch files into your game folder.

The 4.09 BETA map patch has some brand new files but also some files that you will have to save. These are the ones you should save from your IL-2 folder:

files.SFS
il2_core.dll
il2_corep4.dll
mg_snd.dll
mg_snd_sse.dll

The 'Regiments' folder has some new files, but none that will be overwritten.

For your own good, please use a little common sense when applying patches. Every time a patch comes out, I see people crying that they somehow messed up and they need to re-install the game, possibly losing some settings in the process.

The only time I have ever had to re-install IL-2 is when I bought a new computer. Take a little extra time to do it right and you'll be a lot happier in the long run. Enjoy the new maps.

Happy Flying!

Link to FileFront mirror: http://hosted.filefront.com/MaXMhZ/

Aviar

JG52Uther
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I just make another copy of il2 and extract the files to that.Then delete as necessary.

BrotherVoodoo
12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Most excellent! Thanks for the link Aviar, the one at 1C wasn't working for me.