PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else going to not assign assassins to dens?

smengler
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Now that I've finished the game, there's not really much to do, so I think that I'm going to not assign any assassins to dens, so that I can let the Templers take it over. That way, I can keep assassinating the den captain, which gives me something to do. What I've been doing is taking over the den, letting the Tempers contest it, and then start the den defense and leave it until I lose. Then I can start all over again. Is anyone else going to do this? Does it sound like a good idea? The only downside is that you can't play any of the master assassin missions, and you can't get the assassin armor.

gamertam
12-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey that sounds fun to me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I like to read some thoughts of the more senior members here.

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 12:19 AM
It's not a bad idea actually because once you assign a master to every den you can never play the den defense missions ever ever again. Even if you send that assassin to another country, he is somehow still protecting the den. Even when you send your assassins to another country for good and they don't come back, your dens are still protected. Some people don't like the den defense missions enough to care but sometimes I wish I could give them another try without having to replay the memory where you don't have all your den defense abilities anyway.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by smengler:
Now that I've finished the game, there's not really much to do, so I think that I'm going to not assign any assassins to dens, so that I can let the Templers take it over. That way, I can keep assassinating the den captain, which gives me something to do. What I've been doing is taking over the den, letting the Tempers contest it, and then start the den defense and leave it until I lose. Then I can start all over again. Is anyone else going to do this? Does it sound like a good idea? The only downside is that you can't play any of the master assassin missions, and you can't get the assassin armor.

I always said that the FUN part about losing DD is that I get to do my favorite part, take down Captains & burn towers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

There's another thread here, "sagesync" where some fans were creating their own sync scenarios to try for a challenge.
I plan on trying some when my game gets here around the 20th.

Once I finish a game, I like to replay it all over again & then I skip the stuff I didn't enjoy that much.
I do all the secondary stuff during my gameplay so it feels more like I'm connected to the main mission & have stuff to do on the side. It makes it feel more relevant & makes the game seem longer...
When I'm done w/ any game, the side stuff isn't as fun for some reason (seems pointless) but that's just me.

raging8762
12-17-2011, 02:51 AM
I most definitely didn't do that since I can't stand it. As sooon as I finished the den defence Assassin's Guild challenge, I assigned my 7th and final den master.

Good riddance.

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:00 AM
Yeah, without side missions, there's not much else to do, and it was fun killing the captain again and lighting the tower. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I'm up for it.

I think DD is okay, but not repeatedly. Probably why I actual care about lowering my notoriety these days

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:11 AM
I'd WANT DD more if it was a mission-based system.
Outside of being utterly confused by it, it was too difficult - if that cannon actually hit the seige weapon I'd of stood a better chance.
But no.

Somehow if they turned it into some covert mission where we had no meds & could lose (not be so easy), something with some stealth or strategy, I'd actually like it.

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Outside of being utterly confused by it, it was too difficult - if that cannon actually hit the seige weapon I'd of stood a better chance.
But no.

Somehow if they turned it into some covert mission where we had no meds & could lose (not be so easy), something with some stealth or strategy, I'd actually like it.

Oh, how about before DD starts, you have the option of going into the Templar area and assassinating leaders, switching plans, and messing around with their weapons? That way, you get a bonus and it's optional?

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
But no.

Oh, how about before DD starts, you have the option of going into the Templar area and assassinating leaders, switching plans, and messing around with their weapons? That way, you get a bonus and it's optional? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, anything like that - but . . have it so that the minute you screw up or get detected, you lose it.
It can't be anything super easy or you'd have no consequences or real challenge.
That's why I mentioned no meds either.

As I read people's posts, they all seem to share one common factor of AC, stealth & lots of missions.
Just incorporate that into DD & I think people wouldn't mind it much - - and do like they did & offer a way to avoid it if you dislike the concept or suck at it & dont' want to be bothered with it.

But ya, that's kind of along the lines I was thinking of. Strategy is a nice element w/ AC becuz I think it's something Assassins need to be able to do - alot is about thinking ahead & planning.
We aren't playing COD here lol

dxsxhxcx
12-17-2011, 03:31 AM
hmm.. so that's why every time I came back to a den that was being attacked I couldn't find the captain, I need to start a Den Defence and lose..

too much work, no thanks... :P

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
hmm.. so that's why every time I came back to a den that was being attacked I couldn't find the captain, I need to start a Den Defence and lose..

It isn't any work to just let Den Defense start, go to the kitchen & make something to eat, then come back to a lost den.
lol

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 04:00 AM
@dxsxhxcx: I forgot to do that mini game with sending out your recruits and wouldn't you know it, all of those places are under attack at once.

@Prodigurl: lol, it's like you're saying COD has a story. But yeah, stealth missions are cool. Now if they only let us go from the checkpoint on full synch missions over redoing the whole mission from the start, then I'd be happy about that!

dxsxhxcx
12-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

It isn't any work to just let Den Defense start, go to the kitchen & make something to eat, then come back to a lost den.
lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after lunch it is, why would I eat again if I already ate my lunch 5 minutes ago.. lol /jk

well, I expected this would be more realistic like, give us 1 minute to come back and defend the den that is being attacked and after this 1 minute if we don't do the mission we lose the den to the templars, I do agree that take the dens were fun as hell, since they were a incentive to be stealthy, but keep doing and losing den defence just to do it again takes some time, time that could be used to increase our notoriety again and make the templars attack our dens again...

and I pay for a game to play it and not wait in the kitchen...

smengler
12-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I always said that the FUN part about losing DD is that I get to do my favorite part, take down Captains & burn towers.

That's my favorite too. That was one of my favorite parts of brotherhood, and there was no waiting, you could just move on to the next one (until they were all taken over).

Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

That's what I thought at first too. You spend more time waiting for the den to be taken than it takes to take over the den. What I do now is if I get caught trying to find the captain, I run away and start over, so it takes longer.

E-Zekiel
12-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Is there a way to have a den NOT blocked if you do all the master assassin missions? Cause I want to do all the master assassin missions but I don't wanna be blocked off from den defense :/

smengler
12-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Is there a way to have a den NOT blocked if you do all the master assassin missions? Cause I want to do all the master assassin missions but I don't wanna be blocked off from den defense :/

Not that I know of. I think you have to choose between one or the other.

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Doing it in my new save right now. keep them dens open, makes the city more alive.

TrueStoic
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
made a 2nd save just cuz i havent thought it through in my 1st savefile, so i can stil play arround in freeroam after game completion and in a "almost 100% " savegame xD - so the price paid of r teh repeating the den defense/templar den attack loop is;
- no Altairs sword
- very few lv 15 assassins ( at lesat 1 thought, the galata master)
- no master assasin armour ( sucks in my opinion, wil stick to pahsa's for the win, or no armour at all..)
- and the assassin guild chalanges cannot be fully completed cuz of the "train 7 master assassins" - locking al your dens in the procces.

najzere
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I like taking out the Templar Captains too, but hate Den Defense, so I locked all mine. I suggested in the suggestions thread that if they keep the Den Defense concept, they should have an alternate option like going straight to taking out the Captain. With a patch they could probably add a "Concede" option in the beginning of Den Defense, and then it wouldn't be such a pain to get back to retaking the den.

lilshawty741
12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Since DD is the one thing about the game I cannot stand at all...
Nope. I assign them as soon as possible.