PDA

View Full Version : Killing Ezio

Azula2005
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
All gaurds do is swing their blades up and down, they don't lunge or go for a throat stab.

how about during a fight and you have like 1-3 health boxses left a gourd goes for a lunge, you fail to counter/dodge and hes blade goes straight through Ezio abdomin and out hes back, Ezio falls to hes knees and get dysinched

a gaurd could also slice Ezios neck causing him to spin around, fall, bleed, die.

it's not only those blade weilding gaurds. Seekers(spear people) the only move they do is i think swing/stab

well how about at low health we can see the gaurds spear go down Ezio hairy chest?

Or remember the E3 trailer when Ezio is being grabbed by some gaurd from the back and he quicly moves away causing another gaurds javilan to go down the grabbing gaurds shoulder?

i'm not saying " DEATH TO EZIO!! MUAHAHAHA!!" i think something like this will actually make us afraid to get into a big fight with gaurds.

In ACB(great game btw<3) i would get jumped by 10 gaurds and just hold down L2(ps3) and a shower of arrows came down from no where 0.o
i would do that out of calmness like.."meh 10 gaurds? easy.." i want to be able to do that out of fear i wouldn't like to see my favorite game charactor dieing tragically lol

We have to 15 meds for an automatic heal

we have 3 smokes bombs which is basically a "time out please.."

we have an unlimited amount of arrows that kill anything on the screen
We have eagle sence to tell us where he's going to move, hell you'll even know where he's been.

and now we're having over 300+ bombs
and when we die it's a simple fall down and restart again..a bit Easy?

btw i don't mind annnny of it! i just think at least let the "end" look sweet

I'm sorry if my English was not good.
Have a good day

Azula2005
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
All gaurds do is swing their blades up and down, they don't lunge or go for a throat stab.

how about during a fight and you have like 1-3 health boxses left a gourd goes for a lunge, you fail to counter/dodge and hes blade goes straight through Ezio abdomin and out hes back, Ezio falls to hes knees and get dysinched

a gaurd could also slice Ezios neck causing him to spin around, fall, bleed, die.

it's not only those blade weilding gaurds. Seekers(spear people) the only move they do is i think swing/stab

well how about at low health we can see the gaurds spear go down Ezio hairy chest?

Or remember the E3 trailer when Ezio is being grabbed by some gaurd from the back and he quicly moves away causing another gaurds javilan to go down the grabbing gaurds shoulder?

i'm not saying " DEATH TO EZIO!! MUAHAHAHA!!" i think something like this will actually make us afraid to get into a big fight with gaurds.

In ACB(great game btw&lt;3) i would get jumped by 10 gaurds and just hold down L2(ps3) and a shower of arrows came down from no where 0.o
i would do that out of calmness like.."meh 10 gaurds? easy.." i want to be able to do that out of fear i wouldn't like to see my favorite game charactor dieing tragically lol

We have to 15 meds for an automatic heal

we have 3 smokes bombs which is basically a "time out please.."

we have an unlimited amount of arrows that kill anything on the screen
We have eagle sence to tell us where he's going to move, hell you'll even know where he's been.

and now we're having over 300+ bombs
and when we die it's a simple fall down and restart again..a bit Easy?

btw i don't mind annnny of it! i just think at least let the "end" look sweet

I'm sorry if my English was not good.
Have a good day

SupremeCaptain
08-27-2011, 05:19 PM
It's funny, cos guards are less likely to attack when you are on low health. &gt;_&lt;

rileypoole1234
08-27-2011, 05:20 PM
I still don't understand why people want to see Ezio die...

Assassin_M
08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Ezio`s Hairy Chest ??????? 0_o

cless711
08-27-2011, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Ezio`s Hairy Chest ??????? 0_o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

XD yeah thats how i reacted when i read that

Azula2005
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow all my comments so far have nothing to do with the topic, did i affend you guys when i put hairy chest?
And i don't want Ezio to die..all i'm saying is IF he does die then it should look different. jeez..

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 05:43 PM
This is something I've wanted for a long time. If it's not in this game already, it probably never will be, but it's good to let Ubi know for future installments. When you run out of health squares, enemies should do a finishing animation on you if they hit you. And none of this wishy washy "lower percent hit chance while your health blocks are gone, and it takes more than one hit to finish you when they're gone". We have FIFTEEN medpacks. If we loose all our health blocks, give us a decent amount of time before it recharges one. If a player has lost all health blocks and is not healing, you can assume that:

#1 They're out of medicine, and it's totally their fault, since you can loot meds from guards or stock up fully at a doctor. They deserve to have a small setback (desynching and a death animation) for their lack of foresight or use of the game around them.

#2 They don't want to use medicine, because they're looking for a challenge. These types of players won't actually feel challenged unless they know they will actually desynch if they get hit with no health squares. They will welcome the penalty, and it will motivate them to be more vigilant and avoid it.

And really, players have Arrow Storm to bail them out of difficult situations. They don't need to be coddled in terms of being given extra chances after their health is gone.

I think I'll repost my reasoning in the suggestions thread.

Azula2005
08-27-2011, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
This is something I've wanted for a long time. If it's not in this game already, it probably never will be, but it's good to let Ubi know for future installments. When you run out of health squares, enemies should do a finishing animation on you if they hit you. And none of this wishy washy "lower percent hit chance while your health blocks are gone, and it takes more than one hit to finish you when they're gone". We have FIFTEEN medpacks. If we loose all our health blocks, give us a decent amount of time before it recharges one. If a player has lost all health blocks and is not healing, you can assume that:

I think I'll repost my reasoning in the suggestions thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're totally right about the meds

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I think this, medicine should take time to use (like opening a chest) and you'll be interupted if you try it in combat, enemies should be far more agressive and reinforcements should show up if you start a brawl in the middle of the street, and Ezio's speed and damage should decrease as he becomes more injured. But sadly none ofthose things will ever be in AC because then it might actually reintroduce some sort of difficulty and consequence to being bad to AC

Poodle_of_Doom
08-27-2011, 05:57 PM
The suggestions made by the OP, BradKinn, and Calvarok I like.

@Riley:

It's not about seeing Ezio die. It's about adding character to the game. Something beyound standard.

Assassin_M
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Wow all my comments so far have nothing to do with the topic, did i affend you guys when i put hairy chest?
And i don't want Ezio to die..all i'm saying is IF he does die then it should look different. jeez.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Man, I was Joking

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Medicine having an inturruptible animation is an idea that I really really like. You don't even need to up enemy damage that much if you just make medicine dangerous to use in a fight!

Elatreus
08-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Anything to make combat more challenging.

The last time I died in a battle was back in Assassins Creed 1.

I'd prefer it if medicine was took away all together, and bring back the old health system that was in the original game.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I like medicine. It gives you a gold sink, and lets players know how badly they're doing in fights. (more medicine you have to use, the more you need to improve at combat)

Sevenofnine-st
08-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I think they should not allow players to be able to carry more than 10 medicine vials at the same time. Fifteen makes it too easy, IMO. I'll admit that I do have Ezio carrying the largest medicine pouch in ACB because I wanted him to always be prepared but now he never runs out of meds and it's always available, even if when he's right in the middle of a fight.

Playing AC1, in comparison, is quite a lesson in humility... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-27-2011, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sevenofnine-st:
I think they should not allow players to be able to carry more than 10 medicine vials at the same time. Fifteen makes it too easy, IMO. I'll admit that I do have Ezio carrying the largest medicine pouch in ACB because I wanted him to always be prepared but now he never runs out of meds and it's always available, even if when he's right in the middle of a fight.

Playing AC1, in comparison, is quite a lesson in humility... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, and maybe limiting the income to a slight extent. I find I'm always able to buy 15 a pop, though I rarely have to. The idea though is that if they limited the money and the vials, you'd have a few more "Oh Crap!" moments.

Thus far, though, I'd take just about everything suggested here over the sync system. As long as they do away with that, I'm good.

nickfern19
08-27-2011, 11:52 PM
They really should add at least a couple of death animations for Ezio, or at least a reaction from the guards? It always ends with Ezio getting slashed, doing a 360, hitting the ground like a dead fish, and the guards walking away like nothing happened. All the NPCs in the series have the same animations for fighting and freerunning, why can't they all kill Ezio the same way? I would think that the guards would celebrate, cheer, or at least stay for a while during the desync? Think about it: they just killed an assassin worth thousands of florins.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sevenofnine-st:

Playing AC1, in comparison, is quite a lesson in humility... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, and maybe limiting the income to a slight extent. I find I'm always able to buy 15 a pop, though I rarely have to. The idea though is that if they limited the money and the vials, you'd have a few more "Oh Crap!" moments.

Thus far, though, I'd take just about everything suggested here over the sync system. As long as they do away with that, I'm good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, I don't think the Sync system is a bad idea. The challenges just need to be less "F you, player, just try not to get hit in this tank" and more "do this using this weapon", or "scan the X in eagle vision to reveal the secret". And all that they should count towards is an achievement, your full sync on the DNA screen, and maybe a visual distinction at your hideout/unique skin. Nothing like the Christina missions. People shouldn't feel like they have to go do them or else. Skins are the kind of thing people mess around with after they're done with most of the game.

And to nickfern: Most of the time it's worse than them walking away: one of them inspects your body and asks "Who did this? Did anyone see what happened?". Now, I know it would make sense if he was being sarcastic, and just kneeling down to loot your body. BUT, they actually go search for you at hide spots and break up crowds to search, lol. They should definately have some dialogue like "Peza de merda! We actually got him!"

LightRey
08-28-2011, 01:21 AM
I don't really see the point in adding insult to injury by showing some kind of pwnage action when you die...

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't really see the point in adding insult to injury by showing some kind of pwnage action when you die... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't have to be gratuitous. It would just be more dignified to have an actual "stabbed through the heart" death or "smashed down by an axe" animation instead of what we have now, which is basically just a ragdoll. I think that the ragdoll is actually more humiliating.

LightRey
08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't really see the point in adding insult to injury by showing some kind of pwnage action when you die... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't have to be gratuitous. It would just be more dignified to have an actual "stabbed through the heart" death or "smashed down by an axe" animation instead of what we have now, which is basically just a ragdoll. I think that the ragdoll is actually more humiliating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess that's true. I'm really not that familiar with what it looks like when you get killed by an enemy.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Lol, yeah, most people aren't.

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Ezio`s Hairy Chest ??????? 0_o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I got to that part & thought the same thing.
HUH?
I guess it could of been even worse, like they'de slice his belt & Ezio's Speedo would be showing.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-28-2011, 08:46 AM
I think that the ragdoll is actually more humiliating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only to us, but the games creators as well.

SupremeCaptain
08-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I find it hilarious that Ezio just goes flying and lands in an awkward position.

When you got killed in AC1, Altair would groan in pain and struggle to get up.