PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access the internet

QuarionG
03-18-2011, 11:32 AM
... Please verify your connection. You can change network settings in the settings view.

I have this message when i attempt to login the multiplayer. The singleplayer works, but i cant play online, i am nervous, i wanna play, find me a solution plz.

It can't even update the game, cuz of the same problem, when it starts.

I got the game today.

QuarionG
03-18-2011, 11:32 AM
... Please verify your connection. You can change network settings in the settings view.

I have this message when i attempt to login the multiplayer. The singleplayer works, but i cant play online, i am nervous, i wanna play, find me a solution plz.

It can't even update the game, cuz of the same problem, when it starts.

I got the game today.

Zneku
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah I'm having the same issue as well, and I definetly have internet connection because I could browse the web and even write here. I'm trying to log in now for 3 hours and it just keeps on bringing the message Unable to access internet please verify your connection blablabla, none of the proxy settings work either I use automatic or none... Even disabled windows firewall from services.msc but no use.. Does somebody know what to do? Or the servers are down or wtf, update faliure greets me as soon as I click on the icon. Help us out please!!

garik106
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes, I am to! Plz Help!!!

MaXoN_FeRuS
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Same. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Does not work multiplayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Jv4K6h_bI help please!!!

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-18-2011, 12:21 PM
your firewall,peerblocker or provider prvacy settings are at fault,i`ll bet my left testicle on it.

same thing happens to me on a regular basis with online access games,i have to drop the portcullis and hoist down my underpants to allow all access to sensitive areas to play a lot of newer games.

QuarionG
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think that any of the mentioned methods can be of help. Itried it without antivir and firewall, but no use.

Some UbiExpert tell us what to do, i bought the game in steelbook but i can't play it wtf?

Zneku
03-18-2011, 03:14 PM
This was posted in the feedback thread:

"You can also give this method a try, but it won't be needed imo. Locate the HOSTS.txt file found under this path, 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc'. Open it with any text/notepad, and then delete everything below these two lines of text":

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

I tested it, and it works absolutely fine.
Enjoy your sneaking!

MaXoN_FeRuS
03-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Ubisoft HELP!

Want to play multiplayer!

soccer06
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">same thing happens to me on a regular basis with online access games,i have to drop the portcullis and hoist down my underpants to allow all access to sensitive areas to play a lot of newer games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. Do you do both at the same time, or hope one works before trying the other??

izomaxer
03-18-2011, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zneku:

"You can also give this method a try, but it won't be needed imo. Locate the HOSTS.txt file found under this path, 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc'. Open it with any text/notepad, and then delete everything below these two lines of text":

127.0.0.1 localhost

Enjoy your sneaking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is when your not able to update

Zneku
03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Well it seems that was preventing me from logging in, either way its working now, it even managed to download the update.

AdamTomek
03-19-2011, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by izomac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zneku:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Enjoy your sneaking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is when your not able to update </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love you!!!!

QuarionG
03-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Nice work, man. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DElete that host thing, then use this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/k.../en#FixItForMeAlways (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034/en#FixItForMeAlways)

Fix It, then restart the computer and works fine.

fobickitten
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
neither the fix thing nor the deletion of those lines are working :/

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 01:06 PM
The Host file on Windows is normally clear from anything to cause issues, however it's worth a try.

People who have altered in the past to bypass Ubisoft servers [for what ever reason] should correct it if they wish to play online for certain though.

The host file is a problem for some - but also please read the following from the support site:

Error: An Internet Connection is Required to Play This Game (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13320)

For everyone else still having issues- please contact Ubisoft Support.

You can use the link in my signature.

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
There is no 'settings.ini' in my Ubisoft Game Launcher folder, like the instructions tell me there should be.. I swear it isn't there. No, honestly, it's not there. Not hidden, just doesn't exist in that folder like Ubisoft tells me it does.

Bah..