PDA

View Full Version : Aircarft on Carriers

VPF_Jetdoc
12-16-2005, 11:19 AM

Zeus-cat
12-17-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm sure that this was something that was looked at very carefully when carriers were added to the game. I agree that it would be nice if the carriers could have more planes on them, but my guess is that it was too difficult to program by the development team. Don't expect to see anything like this added to the sim as the development team is putting most of its effort into the next generation simulation.

Zeus-cat

VT-51_Razor
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM
What Zeus-Cat said. I would love to be able to assign a deck load of SBDs and F6Fs for a 32 plane strike, but I think the problem is the programing necessary to get the AI to taxi into a takeoff position and unflod their wings and then take off. As it is right now, it's nearly impossible to keep the AI from taking off out of turn!

A good suggestion though.

Kuna15
12-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree with what's been said.
However on medium rigs game would stutter badly, and if any enemy shows up and AA start to fire, well - slide show http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

codeseven7
12-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Aren't the carriers incorrectly sized too small in the first place. I thought there used to be a thread proving so. Seems to me the decks barely have enough room for the 'player' aircraft to manuever much less AI.

dagenham_dave
12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
you should learn deck movements, i have been on a carrier( lex ) with 11 others. just takes some good control.

Archer_F4U
12-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd be happy with being able to spawn 8 Corsairs on the Illustrious. More on all carriers would be nice, but I won't be holding my breath for one more Corsair on the Illustrious let alone being able to jam-pack planes on carriers.

FritzGryphon
12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Aren't the carriers incorrectly sized too small in the first place.

The carriers are the correct size. You can check easily in FMB.