PDA

View Full Version : Gamescom Demo

juancapuron
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Do you think there will be a demo with walkthrugh like last year with brotherhood?

juancapuron
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Do you think there will be a demo with walkthrugh like last year with brotherhood?

kriegerdesgottes
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
apparently there was one. I was starting to think there wasn't going to be one but they did show one. We just haven't seen it yet because we aren't in K÷ln http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. http://gamescom.gamespot.com/s...-revelations-preview (http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329644/assassins-creed-revelations-preview)

CRUDFACE
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
apparently there was one. I was starting to think there wasn't going to be one but they did show one. We just haven't seen it yet because we aren't in K÷ln http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. http://gamescom.gamespot.com/s...-revelations-preview (http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329644/assassins-creed-revelations-preview) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was getting worried for a second man, and the preview they saw had allot to offer. I hope we get to see it soon.

breedlove94
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
When do you think they're going to post the gameplay demo online?

kriegerdesgottes
08-17-2011, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
apparently there was one. I was starting to think there wasn't going to be one but they did show one. We just haven't seen it yet because we aren't in K÷ln http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. http://gamescom.gamespot.com/s...-revelations-preview (http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329644/assassins-creed-revelations-preview) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was getting worried for a second man, and the preview they saw had allot to offer. I hope we get to see it soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya I was worried too but I'm thinking we will probably see it either by tomorrow or sometime tomorrow.

NewBlade200
08-17-2011, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breedlove94:
When do you think they're going to post the gameplay demo online? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Another couple of hours to a day. Keep your eyes on YouTube for early leaks before Ubi shuts it down.

twenty_glyphs
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
I was just about to post the same link. The preview sounds cool, but now I really want to see the demo. I wasn't following gamescom last year, but it seems by looking at dates on the walkthrough video for that, the official one wasn't up until some 10 days later. I really hope they put up the official demo walkthrough this week. I know there were off-screen videos of some AC stuff from last year's gamescom, so hopefully we at least get that.

GameFreak65
08-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I CANT WAIT 4 IT AHHHHHHHHHHH IM GONNA STAB SOMEONE WITH MY HIDDEN BLADE

Jexx21
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GameFreak65:
I CANT WAIT 4 IT AHHHHHHHHHHH IM GONNA STAB SOMEONE WITH MY HIDDEN BLADE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude. Why?

blazefp
08-18-2011, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GameFreak65:
I CANT WAIT 4 IT AHHHHHHHHHHH IM GONNA STAB SOMEONE WITH MY HIDDEN BLADE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got a hidden blade?

reddragonhrcro
08-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Either he has the cosplay ones as on the darkknight.com page that i post on the cosply topic in AC hint and tips or he has a homebuild.Or even maybe bought of the guy that has made a real working hidden blade with its actual activation/deactivation function.(But that guy said if he is to sell these they are gona be plastic,hm i m asking myself if he has made it into the production of these?)

InfectedNation
08-18-2011, 02:06 PM
http://videos.pcgames.de/hdvid...tions--Gamescom-2011 (http://videos.pcgames.de/hdvideo/3975/Assassins-Creed-Revelations--Gamescom-2011)

There you go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hope they're gonna improve it though, the death chat was pathetic for Ezio, and okayish for Altair, and the Seal memories seem to just be the new "Cristina memories", only more significant... I was hoping for something longer than a minute and a half....

The gameplay as Ezio looks damn awesome though.

EDIT: I suppose it's not a walkthrough like you asked for, sorry.

Calvarok
08-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Actually, as Al Mualim says at the end of the demo, Altair's seal thing was not over yet. I enjoyed how Ezio's Memory corridor wasn't drawn out. We'd already talked enough with Leandros.

blazefp
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
yay the bald guy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

You got a hidden blade? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like how you completely ignore the unnerving part of his post.

Assassin_M
08-18-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

I like how you completely ignore the unnerving part of his post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some Posts are better left Ignored, Old friend

blazefp
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok so this video was very revealing. Not only we get a look on how the bombs work in ACR and how they are crafted and the materials etc but we also get some of the "psicologics" of Alta´r.

First let me say that the voice is terribly different but I understand this needed to be done: He was about 18 years old. His semi-beard is also an indicator of his age (it actually looks like mine ^^).

Second just see how nice he his at that age. Not only the voice is softer (huuuuuugely softer) but he himself is softer too. He just gave a chance to the bad guy (or so it seems cuz is what Al Mualim says) to redeem himself. He hasn't done that to the innocent old guy in the tunnel right in the beginning of ACI and he was just about 6 or 7 years older. This must mean that something happened during this period of time, something really bad changed him (and his voice).

Third, why does he climb and kill more effectively with 18 than with 25? It makes no sense, he shouldn't climb like Ezio, he should do it the way he does in ACI.

Anyway it was damn good to see Alta´r again, and to play with him too. Nice work on this

Now with Ezio. F****** nice scene when he says "this used to be so easy" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
(To Ubi) I clearly feel you have considered his age and I hope to see more of that in the future, but I feel pleased now.

(To all again) The "fight" with Leandro was... well, actually there was no fight. I was expecting more from that guy, he looked a really badass in the trailer and in the game he looks like a dog fleeing from a direct conflict with Ezio. This was a bit of disappointing.

Nothing more particular to say, just that the game is exactly what I was expecting to be: more than what I expected http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Excellent work Ubi. Keep it up, or raise it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

blazefp
08-18-2011, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I like how you completely ignore the unnerving part of his post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was exactly what I meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you for understanding me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LightRey
08-18-2011, 04:20 PM

That was exactly what I meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you for understanding me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
no problem xD

Btw, in the demo Ezio's movement isn't impaired anymore after he heals. I think that could mean that as you receive damage in the game, your movements will become more impaired.

blazefp
08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
no problem xD

Btw, in the demo Ezio's movement isn't impaired anymore after he heals. I think that could mean that as you receive damage in the game, your movements will become more impaired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great. ACB already had it :P when he got shot he couldn't climb or anything that would involve too much strength. Actually after waking up in Rome, he could just walk, nothing more till he gets to the doc

SixKeys
08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I think Ezio's impaired movement in the demo is only a result of the carriage crash. I doubt there will be scenes in the rest of the game where taking damage from regular fights will slow you down.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
no problem xD

Btw, in the demo Ezio's movement isn't impaired anymore after he heals. I think that could mean that as you receive damage in the game, your movements will become more impaired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great. ACB already had it :P when he got shot he couldn't climb or anything that would involve too much strength. Actually after waking up in Rome, he could just walk, nothing more till he gets to the doc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but that was only temporary and could be fixed by simply talking to the doctor (not actually buying medicine or paying him to heal you). In the demon Ezio just heals like I suspect he'll generally heal in the game and after that his movement is no longer impaired.

blazefp
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
no problem xD

Sounds great. ACB already had it :P when he got shot he couldn't climb or anything that would involve too much strength. Actually after waking up in Rome, he could just walk, nothing more till he gets to the doc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but that was only temporary and could be fixed by simply talking to the doctor (not actually buying medicine or paying him to heal you). In the demon Ezio just heals like I suspect he'll generally heal in the game and after that his movement is no longer impaired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh there was no doctor there for him to talk xD

Drakonous505
08-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I enjoyed the demo, Ezio's crash seemed fit for the demo but I'm surprised he wasn't on a singular horse making him faster. The bombs seem to add a new element to the game but I hope they don't become the next crossbow. As for the fight I believe it was shortened on account for it being a demo.
On to the demo of Altair it seemed that it was shortened considerably from what we may play in the game. As for his change in model and voice here are the factors to consider: This memory isn't being directly viewed through the Animus. As a result he looks as he would have then, not like Desmond and it seems the American Accent is gone. Also due to his difference in age it seems softer too as blazefp stated. So I agree with his notion of something happening causing him to become a hard man.

twenty_glyphs
08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I thought the demo was very cool and had some stuff I wasn't expecting. The music sounds like the best yet, so I'm really looking forward to that. I love the return to the Middle Eastern influences.

It appears that this village is close to Masyaf. It seems like this is part of the beginning of the game, so I'd bet this happens after the opening section where Ezio walks up to the castle and escapes being hung. This also looks like it might be a free-roam city. I would like to have a couple of locations like this, about the size of San Gimignano from AC2, to visit and get away from the main city sometime. In Brotherhood, you had to replay a memory to revisit some of the other locations, so I'm hopeful that you will be able to revisit this village and Masyaf itself any time you want. It also looks like you might be able to upgrade this place, since you see the empty doctor stand and just before Ezio throws the distraction bomb you see what looks like a boarded up shop on the left.

The Alta´r gameplay was fine and was definitely just a small slice of what this whole memory will be. I'm really happy that you can finally climb the Masyaf castle. In the new trailer, there also appears to be a lift and a corner flower pot up much higher, so hopefully there will be a good amount of exploring there. I'm glad Alta´r can climb faster like Ezio, and could care less about it making sense story-wise.

Th bombs look cool and I see where the mixing and matching of different effects could be fun. I like that they're split into types to make it easier to manage using them.

The one thing that concerns me is the faces. It just feels like the main characters' faces have changed so much, it's very disorienting. Ezio looked really cool in Brotherhood and in only 4 years since it ended looks like he's aged more than 10 years. Even his nose looks different, like Desmond's from the trailer. I get that they probably rebuilt the faces to accommodate their new facial animation technology, but couldn't they have gotten them a little closer to how they were before? And I barely recognize Alta´r between the different face and almost unrecognizable voice. Having said all that, Ezio's face does look better here than in the E3 demo, where it really looked horrible.

Even though some people don't want to hear me quote it, The Secret Crusade hints at Alta´r's arrogance happening after this memory:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When the citadel was attacked, it was Alta´r who saved the life of Al Mualim and was elevated to Master Assassin. That day, Abbas spat in the dirt at Alta´r's feet but Alta´r just sneered at him. Abbas, he decided, was as weak and ineffectual as his father had been. Perhaps, looking back, that was how he had first become infected by arrogance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AnthonyA85
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed the rather obvous continuity error in that video clip? Altair pulling off Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate.

He didn't come up with those techniques until after AC1, acording to the Codex, and here he is using them.

blazefp
08-19-2011, 04:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Has anyone else noticed the rather obvous continuity error in that video clip? Altair pulling off Ledge Assassinate and Air Assassinate.

He didn't come up with those techniques until after AC1, acording to the Codex, and here he is using them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the others posts. I'm sure someone talked about it :P

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 04:56 AM
In the codex, he WROTE IT DOWN. He had thought of it before he wrote it, according to Bloodlines. Ubisoft knows the fiction just as well as you, if they allow him to pull off these moves, it's because they decided that it's canon for him to know it by that time.

blazefp
08-19-2011, 05:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
In the codex, he WROTE IT DOWN. He had thought of it before he wrote it, according to Bloodlines. Ubisoft knows the fiction just as well as you, if they allow him to pull off these moves, it's because they decided that it's canon for him to know it by that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh? I didn't get you, where and what did he wrote down in the codex?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
In the codex, he WROTE IT DOWN. He had thought of it before he wrote it, according to Bloodlines. Ubisoft knows the fiction just as well as you, if they allow him to pull off these moves, it's because they decided that it's canon for him to know it by that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
uh? I didn't get you, where and what did he wrote down in the codex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's talking about the techniques Alta´r uses in the demo. They were written down in the codex and he's arguing that that only means that that was one point at which he recorded what he could have thought of many years before.

reddragonhrcro
08-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Doctor:"Auf Wiedersehen, thats french."
I simply LOL whenever the doctor says that cuz its actualy german for good bye hahaha

Assassin_M
08-19-2011, 05:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reddragonhrcro:
Doctor:"Auf Wiedersehen, thats french."
I simply LOL whenever the doctor says that cuz its actualy german for good bye hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ohhhhhhhh Whats the mattew wittwe Guy are you wost ?

blazefp
08-19-2011, 05:42 AM
uh? I didn't get you, where and what did he wrote down in the codex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's talking about the techniques Alta´r uses in the demo. They were written down in the codex and he's arguing that that only means that that was one point at which he recorded what he could have thought of many years before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh but it still doesn't explains why he climbs better with 18 than with 25.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 05:52 AM
Oh but it still doesn't explains why he climbs better with 18 than with 25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I think that's because both Desmond and Ezio already knew those techniques, so they just used them.
As for the assassination, Alta´r clearly didn't do an areal assassination, since he sheathed his sword after he dealt the killing blow.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 05:54 AM

Oh but it still doesn't explains why he climbs better with 18 than with 25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you could probably say it's because he is much younger and wouldn't have sustained too many injuries in his life at this point. And I suspect Altair suffered many injuries in his life ( Probably way more than Ezio has) which could've had an effect on his speed etc.

Or he could've just became more careful being that he would make more noise going faster or there would be more chance of him falling he just climbed carelessly.

But the most likely one would be the usual "it's just a game" thing, I doubt Ubisoft would want Altairs sequences to seem not as good just because he is much slower. So it could come down to keeping the gameplay at a healthy level.

blazefp
08-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I that's because both Desmond and Ezio already knew those techniques, so they just used them.
As for the assassination, Alta´r clearly didn't do an areal assassination, since he sheathed his sword after he dealt the killing blow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's that for sure. I don't like it though, they should have kept Alta´r's abilities, I kindda liked it. It spiced things up, it was harder to flee and all that stuff.

Drakonous505
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
It is also a demo and as such Ubisoft has in the past taken parts of the game to mash together to show of things. This could probably be a sequence that would appear different in the game. For example you may not be able to airal assassinate that guy and the one where Ezio kills the Templar looks like they fought before he killed him

medcsu11
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
The demo looks great. I am very happy they are giving Altair justice by his moves and backstory. Also happy they brought back AlMaulim (sp).

Really looks very good. Cant wait.

BK-110
08-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Good thing is: I'm going to gamescom Saturday and Sunday, so I sure hope I will be able to give it a try. It's definitely my top priority! I'll hopefully be able to make a video of it, too!

As for my impressions: I love it. Alta´r seems to have the same voice as in Bloodlines. Although I prefer the one from AC1, this one isn't bad either. It seems we will get to know a bit more about Alta´r and his past, another welcomed fact.

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

He didn't come up with those techniques until after AC1, acording to the Codex, and here he is using them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts on this...

a) as lightrey points out, it could be that we are reliving Altair via Ezio, who is being relived directly by Desomnd. Since Ezio/Desomnd know these moves.. they may be able to use them while reliving Altairs memories..

b) I believe we are not able to do the air assassinations ( sort of, if timed right you can do some air assassinations in AC1.. its just a more manual way of doing it... anyways)/ ledge assassinations bc the developers hadnt thought or it yet, and therefore didnt implement it into AC1. When they made improvements to AC2 they wanted to also try and make it part of the story.. so they included them within the codex page.. ( so it wasnt just like... "hey, new moves") After reading the codex about the new techniques today, its more implied that that was when he and malik perfected the techniques and when they decided to RECORD them on paper... not necessarily when Altair new about them ( we just didnt do it because, plain and simple, it just wasnt thought of to put in the game yet. being able to grab someone from a ledge or jumping onto them from higher ground doesnt seem like something that would take a master assassins X amount of years to figure out, but when he decided to right the codex, he wanted to RECORD THEM so that these techniques are never forgotten.

Also, when creating a game and realizing all the new improvements that are made, you have to find that fine line, do you sacrifice those new improvements and take them away from people because you are doing a flash back type to an older character from a previous title.. or do you give people the chance to use those improvements on a former character that people really cared about and enable them to experience that character to the full potential. Just like with the climbing, its not literally that Altair can climb faster at 18 then 25.. but merely that the developers improved on the climbing mechanic from one game to the next and therefore will continue to use it...

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 10:20 AM
as far the demo goes.. it shows a lot of potential.. even for being so linear, there seems to be a lot of freedom and variety. Its obvious that things were shorted.. Even Derby said that this was just a tiny tiny portion of the Altair sequence we will actually be playing. I think a lot of the discrepancies we are seeing are faily easy to justify and understand. But really, the voice.. I cann understand if you just dont like the voice.. but the developers made it more authentic for a reason.. they arent just gonna revert it back to an american accent right now because a handful of people care more about nostalgia then detail.

if theres one things that threw me off a little ( not game breaking.. but im curious).. how come one of the guards is using a crossbow?? you can see someone get killed with a crossbow right after Altair assassinates the guy on the roof. I thought the reason Altair didnt have one in AC1 was being a crossbow of that size wasnt invented in that time period.. yet, even before the events of AC1 ( this memory) there is a crossbow..
maybe its not a crossbow?? and im mistaken??

just wonderin?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
as far the demo goes.. it shows a lot of potential.. even for being so linear, there seems to be a lot of freedom and variety. Its obvious that things were shorted.. Even Derby said that this was just a tiny tiny portion of the Altair sequence we will actually be playing. I think a lot of the discrepancies we are seeing are faily easy to justify and understand. But really, the voice.. I cann understand if you just dont like the voice.. but the developers made it more authentic for a reason.. they arent just gonna revert it back to an american accent right now because a handful of people care more about nostalgia then detail.

if theres one things that threw me off a little ( not game breaking.. but im curious).. how come one of the guards is using a crossbow?? you can see someone get killed with a crossbow right after Altair assassinates the guy on the roof. I thought the reason Altair didnt have one in AC1 was being a crossbow of that size wasnt invented in that time period.. yet, even before the events of AC1 ( this memory) there is a crossbow..

just wonderin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Crossbows were around long before Ata´r's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out.

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

Crossbows were around long before Ata´r's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what I thought. But i remember there for a while people were saying that they took it out because the developers thought it wasnt invented yet and they didnt want to be inaccurate. I just wanted to double check.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Crossbows were around long before Ata´r's time actually. He simply didn't have one, because the developers weren't able to implement it by the time AC1 came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had it in one of the CGI trailers but he lost it in the same trailer, it was probably one those things they just removed to keep the game on a good level.

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

He had it in one of the CGI trailers but he lost it in the same trailer, it was probably one those things they just removed to keep the game on a good level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yah, after some further research, crossbows were in fact around, but i remember people saying that they took it out because they thought it was historically inaccurate. so i was just wondering what the final verdict was.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 10:40 AM
yah, after some further research, crossbows were in fact around, but i remember people saying that they took it out because they thought it was historically inaccurate. so i was just wondering what the final verdict was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, I too remember there was some discussion about that. The facts speak for themselves though.

SupremeCaptain
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Yay! More continuity errors.

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Yay! More continuity errors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really!. we just discussed this... see above^

we've established that the crossbow was infact accurate in that time period. the developers just didnt have time to implement it into the first 2 games. Now that they have been able to build on the game and add the crossbow, that + the fact that it is in fact historically accurate, they were able to put it in the game like they intentionally wanted to in the first place.

as far as some of the other continuity errors, Ive posted plenty of posts with a variety of reasons they could be justified. Maybe those reasons dont work for you and some others on here.. which is fine, i understand your points and opinions.. but they work for me i guess.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Actually, I think they said that crossbows were much bigger and bulkier than they showed them in that trailer, which is why they couldn't include that one. I dunno, it could make sense fo the Templars to have a asuper awesome prototype weapon. I'm withholding judgement till they've played all their cards.