PDA

View Full Version : depth charging question

PapaG39
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to get the Guadalcanal Carrier in the Single mission U505.
it starts out at periscope depth heading in the right direction at full stop.

I go ahead 1/3 & just keep going & never raise the periscope. there are two DD's that sail away from me & just keep going. My sub stays "green" but every time when one of the DD's gets about 4500m going directly away from me, he turns & comes directly back to me & kills me.
I have tried changing depths but he gets me every time without fail.

Is this one of those game scenarios whereby you can't win?

when he shoots his DC's I go ahead flank & go down 20m more & then back to ahead slow & silent running but to no avail. & comes directly to me every time.

Doesn't look like I would ever get close enough to get a good shot off anyway, but I was just wondering...lol..

PapaG39
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to get the Guadalcanal Carrier in the Single mission U505.
it starts out at periscope depth heading in the right direction at full stop.

I go ahead 1/3 & just keep going & never raise the periscope. there are two DD's that sail away from me & just keep going. My sub stays "green" but every time when one of the DD's gets about 4500m going directly away from me, he turns & comes directly back to me & kills me.
I have tried changing depths but he gets me every time without fail.

Is this one of those game scenarios whereby you can't win?

when he shoots his DC's I go ahead flank & go down 20m more & then back to ahead slow & silent running but to no avail. & comes directly to me every time.

Doesn't look like I would ever get close enough to get a good shot off anyway, but I was just wondering...lol..