PDA

View Full Version : No Collector's Edition in the USA (UBISOFT PLEASE READ)

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Dear Ubisoft (and fellow Heroes fans),

I know this issue has been mentioned in other topics, but I wanted to create an independent discussion to address the fact that there is no Collector's Edition planned for the USA.

As a long time Heroes fan this is extremely disappointing news. I don't know what kind of "research" Ubisoft did to arrive at the conclusion that "there's no market for a CE or even physical release in the US." The series began in the USA, and the strategy genre has been striving here (see: Civilization, Starcraft). American Heroes fans already got screwed over with absence of the Heroes of Might and Magic: Complete Edition in 2008. I just have to say I will NOT be supporting the digital release (and I say this as a HUGE Heroes fan). My only option is to import, and if that's not possible then...

I sincerely hope you will reconsider your position on this issue.

----------

Before I post this I just want to share two fellow forum members' recent thoughts on this issue:

"I really don't get this. You are announcing a Collector's Edition with much fanfare, posting an UNBOXING video in Youtube and then you just let users discover it's only available in Central Europe?

I've been trying to find info on this for days now and even my query to Ubistore was diverted to customer support which has yet to answer. On a very simple, basic question. DO YOU WANT OUR MONEY UBISOFT OR NOT?

Why the hell did you make an unboxing video in the first place? It's like waving a carrot in front of your customers and then throwing it away.

Or rather did you just use the carrot to entice customers to buy the Digital Deluxe edition? Not that it matters to you, but I am going to have a field day over this in my gaming site. It's a real shame too, since up till now I really supported and appreciated your efforts to revive this series, despite the shortcomings."

-Posted by Silver-cgm

-----

And in response:

"This really needed to be said IMO and thanks for doing so. You just helped me articulate exactly how I have felt about this situation. I actually think UBI needs to get their collective arse in gear and give the excluded fan base a much needed explanation and apology for such a misdirected and poorly thought out video/press release on the CE boxed set and if their is anything they plan on doing about it."

-Posted by NachoAdept

----------

If you feel the same way about this, please let your voice be heard.

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Dear Ubisoft (and fellow Heroes fans),

I know this issue has been mentioned in other topics, but I wanted to create an independent discussion to address the fact that there is no Collector's Edition planned for the USA.

As a long time Heroes fan this is extremely disappointing news. I don't know what kind of "research" Ubisoft did to arrive at the conclusion that "there's no market for a CE or even physical release in the US." The series began in the USA, and the strategy genre has been striving here (see: Civilization, Starcraft). American Heroes fans already got screwed over with absence of the Heroes of Might and Magic: Complete Edition in 2008. I just have to say I will NOT be supporting the digital release (and I say this as a HUGE Heroes fan). My only option is to import, and if that's not possible then...

I sincerely hope you will reconsider your position on this issue.

----------

Before I post this I just want to share two fellow forum members' recent thoughts on this issue:

"I really don't get this. You are announcing a Collector's Edition with much fanfare, posting an UNBOXING video in Youtube and then you just let users discover it's only available in Central Europe?

I've been trying to find info on this for days now and even my query to Ubistore was diverted to customer support which has yet to answer. On a very simple, basic question. DO YOU WANT OUR MONEY UBISOFT OR NOT?

Why the hell did you make an unboxing video in the first place? It's like waving a carrot in front of your customers and then throwing it away.

Or rather did you just use the carrot to entice customers to buy the Digital Deluxe edition? Not that it matters to you, but I am going to have a field day over this in my gaming site. It's a real shame too, since up till now I really supported and appreciated your efforts to revive this series, despite the shortcomings."

-Posted by Silver-cgm

-----

And in response:

"This really needed to be said IMO and thanks for doing so. You just helped me articulate exactly how I have felt about this situation. I actually think UBI needs to get their collective arse in gear and give the excluded fan base a much needed explanation and apology for such a misdirected and poorly thought out video/press release on the CE boxed set and if their is anything they plan on doing about it."

-Posted by NachoAdept

----------

If you feel the same way about this, please let your voice be heard.

Cap292
03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
My thought on this issue is exactly the same as yours. I refused buying a digital copy of the game. Fortunately for me, I already am going to be able to purchase a copy in England.

Asterisk
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
If there is no CE box on the US store shelves on the release date I'm pirating this shiznit.

Nxss
03-15-2011, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asterisk:
If there is no CE box on the US store shelves on the release date I'm pirating this shiznit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, that kinda crap will get you banned in almost any forum. Especially the official forums! Not the brightest thing to say.

On topic.
I have covered this in other topics so, I will get to the point. I hate steam. Will never use it. I like to have a physical copy of a game. Never bought a game that was download only and I am old and I work for a game site. I **** and moan constantly about this kinda thing. However, there are certain games I will make exceptions for. Heroes is one of them. I would love to have to CE and I really do agree that it should have been obvious that it was for the EU only. I am sure that eventually, there will be a physical copy of H6 sold in the US. I have no patience for that though and have already purchased the Deluxe version from the Ubi store.

Here is the thing, you have to take what PR people say with a grain of salt. Just because there is no CE or physical copy of the game on the Ubi store now, does not mean there never will be. If you like Heroes and want it, get the download version for now and get the physical copy later. We all know it is going to show up. Tis just a matter of time. And not to rub salt in your wounds, but the EU is the ones that are usually screwed when it comes to games. If they are the ones that get something first this time then sobeit! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Regarding piracy: This is unfortunately exactly what it will come to for many gamers looking to purchase a boxed version of the game. When discovering that an online download is the only option, they will opt to find it on a torrent site instead of a legal distributor like Steam.

Keep in mind that almost all big-budget games on Steam are also available in stores like Best Buy or Walmart. In other words there are options to suit every type of gamer (including the gamer who prefers to have games on physical media). If this option is taken away, it only leaves disgruntled fans who are forced to compare $50 for a legal download versus $0 for a torrent download. They see it as a download either way. On top of that, add the fact that a Collector's Edition WAS available but restricted to certain, more priviledged countries, and you're quite possibly left with a RESENTFUL fan who doesn't think twice about pirating the game.

What's more unfortunate is that this inevitable decrease in American sales due to piracy will only lead Ubisoft to believe even more strongly that a US market doesn't exist, when in fact there were thousands of fans willing and able to pay for the boxed version.

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I have to add that I am NOT advocating software piracy in any way. Please support Ubisoft and the Heroes series! (I myself plan to import.)

I just wanted to explain what will happen if Ubisoft continues to think that there is no market for the game here. Posts like the one above only prove that what I'm thinking is true.

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nxss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asterisk:
If there is no CE box on the US store shelves on the release date I'm pirating this shiznit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, that kinda crap will get you banned in almost any forum. Especially the official forums! Not the brightest thing to say.

On topic.
I have covered this in other topics so, I will get to the point. I hate steam. Will never use it. I like to have a physical copy of a game. Never bought a game that was download only and I am old and I work for a game site. I **** and moan constantly about this kinda thing. However, there are certain games I will make exceptions for. Heroes is one of them. I would love to have to CE and I really do agree that it should have been obvious that it was for the EU only. I am sure that eventually, there will be a physical copy of H6 sold in the US. I have no patience for that though and have already purchased the Deluxe version from the Ubi store.

Here is the thing, you have to take what PR people say with a grain of salt. Just because there is no CE or physical copy of the game on the Ubi store now, does not mean there never will be. If you like Heroes and want it, get the download version for now and get the physical copy later. We all know it is going to show up. Tis just a matter of time. And not to rub salt in your wounds, but the EU is the ones that are usually screwed when it comes to games. If they are the ones that get something first this time then sobeit! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, but I'm not talking about any other game series, I'm talking about Heroes of Might and Magic. Fact is, we were already screwed with the Complete Edition here in 2008. I didn't import thinking that they would eventually release it state-side, but they never did.

Also, why should I have to pay twice like you suggest (e.g. on Steam initially and then again *if* it's released in physical format)? Unless the digital download is promised a free physical copy later on (like Telltale Games does with their adventure games), I don't see any sense in doing that.

Nxss
03-15-2011, 04:42 PM
DG,

I understand where you are coming from. I really do. I was banned from the Duke Nukem forums for saying that because I hate steam, want to play Forever, I would go buy the game and then just download it so I could play without steam. They didn't take that too well.

I ***** about steam and drm on a constant basis on my forums. However, I really do love the Heroes series and have been playing it with my family for years. It is just the one game we all seem to revert to when all of us are around and therefore, even though I hate that there is no physical copy, sometimes you just have to let it go and buy the game as is because it has meant so much over the years.

I know that is a little sappy, but as you grow older good games that you remember as a kid, get few and and far between. There will be six of us playing on day one no matter if it is download only or physical! There are just some games that you just have to play no matter what! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Asterisk
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
@ Nxss

You think I really care if I get banned or not?
Just making my point to dimwits at Ubisoft.

DaventryGnome
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Nxss,

Thanks for your response.

I share your admiration and sense of nostalgia for the Heroes games. I have been playing computer games since the late 80s, and the only two series that I have stayed loyal to are Heroes of Might and Magic and King's Quest. I would defend either brand like no other. Believe me, if it wasn't Heroes or KQ, I wouldn't even think about spending my hard-earned cash to import.

But I still stand against digital downloads, especially in this case since the game WILL be available physically in other countries and also because Ubisoft has withheld a Heroes product from us before. If Heroes was only available for download worldwide, then it would be a different story.

I can't just sit here and support this preferential treatment, especially considering that so many Americans have been so loyal for so many years.

Also, I highly doubt a physical release will be made available here at a later time.

Nxss
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaventryGnome:
Nxss,

Thanks for your response.

I share your admiration and sense of nostalgia for the Heroes games. I have been playing computer games since the late 80s, and the only two series that I have stayed loyal to are Heroes of Might and Magic and King's Quest. I would defend either brand like no other. Believe me, if it wasn't Heroes or KQ, I wouldn't even think about spending the money to import.

But I still stand against digital downloads, especially in this case since the game will be available physically in other countries and also because Ubisoft has withheld a Heroes product from us before. If Heroes was only available for download worldwide, then it would of course be a different story.

I can't just sit here and support this preferential treatment, especially considering how so many Americans have been so loyal for so many years.

Also, I highly doubt a physical release will be made available here at a later time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I like to argue with you, I am on your side. I have put off buying more copies of H6 in hopes that they would release a physical copy here in the US. As not all people that play games use the internet for them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dchalfont
03-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I hope it comes to U.S too...so then I can import it from gamestop to AUS....

Seriously, What's an AUS $ worth in British money, like 5 pence? no way in hell am I paying like $200 for it incl. currency conversion and shipping.

I don't know why there aren't collectors editions worldwide, even in limited supply they should be made available somewhere...

NachoAdept
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
How many days will UBI let this sit here and fester. Someone needs do a little speaking that works for the company. How long has it been and not a single peep?

Newsflash the customers (this used to mean something) are po'd and would like a direct no political answer. The lack of any reply itself is annoying, especially in light of the desire to play the beta and not miss out on content yet still have a chance at a Boxed CE set.

KingImp
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
While I support this thread and it's sentiment 100% and even though I am also from the US, let's not limit it to just here. Apparently there are a lot of countries who are getting shafted here, so we all have to band together to get this fixed everywhere.

It is a major slap in the face to millions of Heroes fans around the world by limiting the release of a physical copy of the Collector's Edition. Do not forget Ubi, that without us, this series probably wouldn't even still exist today. And this is the thanks we get? Shameful, shameful treatment of your fans! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Alextriad
03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
No CE is one thing. It does **** me off but it probably costs a lot of money to have a CE on the shelves where no one is going to buy. Apparently with all the DL apps (for "smartphone" devices) among other things some foolish research shows that USA does better when digital media is sold instead of a hard-copy.

As a collector I think this is an insult to the fans that gave this series a heartbeat. I won't be purchasing any digital download. I will, however, buy a physical one. I've been a fan of the original m&m magic series and I enjoyed Ubi's mimicry of the heroes series so far... Don't screw this one up Ubisoft.

mcgslo
03-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Well the thing is that... that ring you get in CE is hard to make for Americans due to fattier fingers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (joke)

I am glad that i live in Central Europe.

Beside CE will be overpriced... i know... but I will still probably get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Except if it is more than 60...

Thunion
03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
I dont acctaully see the point of buyng digital version instead of downloading its pirated version for free.I know it is support the company etc,but lets face truth 90% of player care more about theyr moeney then about supporting company.I mean the only single negative aspect of pirated version,is that you have to use crack and rarely can face some problems which wont be supported officially.While phisical verision gives you a huge number of advantages over digital version,pirated or not.Thats my opinion about Phi Vs Digital and about Collectors edition in the USA? well i dont actually care,since i live in lithuania(east europe),and never buyed games from internet,however in stores they come really late.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 07:17 AM
This is exactly what most US Heroes fans will be thinking when the game is released. Unfortunately this inevitable piracy will only lead Ubisoft to believe even further that we Americans don't care for the series.

Does anyone from Ubisoft (aside from the monitors) actually read these forums? It would be nice to get an official reply (other than "research says there's no market for Heroes in the USA"). If you won't budge on the issue, then at least let us import from the European Ubi store. Even that's blocked, which to me is absolutely ridiculous.

Treatment like this makes we wish the brand was bought up by an American publisher like EA or Activision. I'm not flaming here, only expressing my sincere, unabashed opinion.

WaterPoloLaw
03-16-2011, 10:11 AM
EA and activision are the devil. NOTHING would make me wish that EA had a hold of this game, nothing. They RUINED the LOTR franchise by REFUSING to provide any support at all to BFME.

But back to topic, as I understand it, only the collectors edition will not be physically released in the U.S. I was under the impression that the regular version of the game still would be physically released in hard copy.

I can kind of see the rationale here. That large box set looks like it would be very expensive to ship overseas in mass quantity. Assuming they don't have a manufacturer here in the U.S., I could see their logic.

For myself, I am pretty bummed about no collector's edition in the U.S. I really wanted a copy of that artbook. Getting a digital copy of the artbook would be lame in my opinion...no need to buy the deluxe edtion for a handful of additional heroes and items.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaventryGnome:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WaterPoloLaw:
EA and activision are the devil. NOTHING would make me wish that EA had a hold of this game, nothing. They RUINED the LOTR franchise by REFUSING to provide any support at all to BFME.

But back to topic, as I understand it, only the collectors edition will not be physically released in the U.S. I was under the impression that the regular version of the game still would be physically released in hard copy.

I can kind of see the rationale here. That large box set looks like it would be very expensive to ship overseas in mass quantity. Assuming they don't have a manufacturer here in the U.S., I could see their logic.

For myself, I am pretty bummed about no collector's edition in the U.S. I really wanted a copy of that artbook. Getting a digital copy of the artbook would be lame in my opinion...no need to buy the deluxe edtion for a handful of additional heroes and items. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be very suprised if they didn't have a manufacturer in the U.S., as many other Ubisoft games have gotten Collector's Editions here just fine (e.g. Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia). If I remember correctly the Assassin's Creed II CE was massive. So the whole "it's too difficult/too costly" argument is just rubbish. And anyway, why can't U.S. customers import from the EU Ubi store? We are the ones who will be paying for shipping!

If a physical release will be available in the U.S., then why isn't such a product available for pre-order on the Ubisoft store? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KingImp
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WaterPoloLaw:
I can kind of see the rationale here. That large box set looks like it would be very expensive to ship overseas in mass quantity. Assuming they don't have a manufacturer here in the U.S., I could see their logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft has a division in San Francisco which is their North American headquarters.

LordGorchnik
03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
So still no official word from Ubisoft eh? Just goes to show you how worthless some companies PR departments are. What a shame.

And no, I will not be ashamed to admit that if there is no retail version in America I will pirate this game. I do not like Steam, never have and never will. I think it does some things great for a certain group of gamers, but I actually enjoy having a physical copy in my hands.

The fact that America doesn't get the CE is one thing, but not having ANY retail version at all is borderline asinine.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm beginning to feel that we may never hear back.

It's a shame, as this is a loss not only for the American Heroes community but also for Ubisoft (financially). Lose-lose situation that could and should have been prevented.

evilfrito
03-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Not having a collector's edition or any physical copy planned for release in the United States has not really bothered me. I work with an electronics distribution company that has numerous popular high volume titles being marketed in the US (ex. Blizzard is one of the clients -SC2/WoW- as is Ubisoft - Assassins creed was distributed at our facilities in the midwest), and have seen first hand the massive ammount of physical copies that are scrapped from less demand then anticipated on a regional & / or statewide basis.

I personally have thrown out well over 1,500,000.00 USD worth of PC/XBOX360/PS3/WII games that were in perfect condition due to customer disposition statements due to the rapid fluctuation of the gaming market.

I feel this pertains to this topic, in the simple hard truth that marketing a game is expensive and even though i absolutely LOVE heroes of might and magic games and still play them, will it be best in Ubisofts mind to package a physical copy worldwide. A digital copy is more secure and less costly to provide globally. Its no suprise its becoming more and more common on next generation systems because it saves the developer its publisher and its distributor the hassle of dealing with leftover physical inventory - as well as additional salaries to hundreds of more required workers!

I still like to own physical copies of my games, but i also understand why they have decided (for the moment) not to localize a physical release in more regions and I agree with what was stated by a prior post that this does not mean they never will.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
In any case, the fact is that all major releases in the U.S. still get physical releases.

And also, your post doesn't explain why Ubisoft won't allow us to import. As I've mentioned, we're the ones who will be paying for shipping, so they really got nothing to lose.

P.S. I noticed that this is your first post. Did you create an account just to comment on this topic?

evilfrito
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes i dont dispute the face that all major releases are still distributed in the US.

However, Heroes of might and Magic through black hole entertainment is new in their partnership with ubisoft (not to mention not a US based developer) and perhaps they wish to see how the initial sales goes on the official launch. After the initial launch hopefully they would come to terms with their facilities localized in other countries and produce/distribute more.

The heroes series has always recieved good marks from gaming communities but is regrettably in a smaller niche of game genre and doesnt compete with mainstream major releases in volume of units. Personally i think some main stream games that have everyone raving about them are relatively mundane and unimaginative(GTA, CoD) and i dont care for them - at all, and I do sincerely think that HoMM is one of the best game series' in the world. If heroes was as anticipated as call of duty black ops, or a cultural phenomonon like Star craft (korea) im sure as well as you are they would release more product to more demand.

To be honest I wish it was more popular globally then any other game in the market and it sold a copy to every man women and child http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Everyone that plays heroes knows its a fantastic game series aside from the personal differences about which is whoes favorite.
Most of us have problably introduced the heroes games to their friends in school or from work, i have and gotten many hooked, but i have seldom come across anybody that knew anything of the series prior to introducing it. Mainstream games everyone knows about them whether they like them or not.

As far as importing goes, i really dont have too much input on it, as i do hope to see a physical copy readily available hopefully they'll rectify the issues alot of people have with their stance on method of sales.

Yes this is my first post, on this game im usually more silent on issues for games. (I did already have an account though)

Anyways, I mean not to offend any forum readers/writers everyones views and their percieved thruths differ greatly.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
In regards to a niche genre in a niche market, consider Jane Jensen's Gray Matter, an adventure game published by a German company and developed by a French company (dtp and Wizarbox, respectively). No one can argue against the fact that adventure games are an extremely UNpopular genre in the United States, yet the publisher still had the courtesy to make a physical version available here for all Jane Jensen fans to enjoy. Plus anyone who wanted the Collector's Edition of the game (not available in the U.S.) was able to import it straight from Germany.

Heroes is certainly a more popular brand than Gray Matter, and Ubisoft certainly has more resources than dtp. I can compromise and settle with the idea that we won't be getting a Collector's Edition released here, but I cannot agree with (let alone understand) Ubisoft's reasoning for restricting us from ordering the CE via the European online store. If I didn't know any better I would think that they have something against us Americans.

DaventryGnome
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Also, Might and Magic was an extremely popular brand here in the 80s and 90s. Yes, in the last decade or so its popularity has declined, but much of that is due to the fact that a new M&M game hasn't been released in years (I have to admit as a whole we Americans [unfortunately] have a short attention span). But Ubisoft isn't going to increase the brand's popularity any by limiting the game to digital download or by imposing those ridiculous importing rules.

evilfrito
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
oh absolutely, heroes was very popular in thoes years as one of the first games to produce a fantasy themed rpg the first one was out in like '86 i think

Thats true ubisoft isnt a poor company and does have a large wealth of resources, (and a large logistics facility client capable of sending out a few million units & displays in under a few business days in the US) - it is too bad that they didnt have the courtesy to package a physical copy even if it is on a order basis from a warehouse if they didnt want to sell directly on shelves. yeah they are alienating a long-time fan base in the United States among other countries by withholding the physical copy.

One thing i had hoped ubisoft would do for this game, is some advertisement. There is very little information on the pending launch of this title unless you specifically look for it. Without saturating the media even a little bit it cuts out potential buyers -

As for me, i just hope black hole keeps up the good work and it ends up being a polished reinvented experience of HoMM (i loved one of their earlier titles armies of exigo so i know they have it in them to produce quality product, was just as balanced and diverse a rts as starcraft to be honest)

DaventryGnome
03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
It seems that Australia's EBgames will be offering the Collector's Edition:

http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-1...ollectors-edition-PC (http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-153448-The-Might--Magic-Heroes-VI-Collectors-edition-PC)

And Game.co will be offering the Collector's Edition in the UK:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC...~r354177/?s=heroes+6 (http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Role-Playing/Heroes-of-Might-and-Magic-6-Collectors-Edition-GAME-Exclusive/%7Er354177/?s=heroes+6)

This makes it seem as though Ubisoft has chosen specific retailers to exclusively distribute the CE in certain countries. I hope this means that the United States and the other missing countries will also be getting the CE via at least one retailer (EBgames/Gamestop seems to be the most likely choice for the U.S.)?

CGUYHeroes
03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
If Ubi denies me the ability to purchase a physical copy in Canada then I will not purchase or play this game.

I don't understand what the big problem is, anyway. When Ubi released the big white box 'Complete Limited Edition' Heroes I was able to order 2 copies and they shipped directly from Ubisoft. I was happy to pay a fair shipping price.

Why is that not possible for Heroes 6? It would be so easy to take orders in, charge an appropriate shipping amount for whatever country you're in, and dispatch from the warehouse.

Instead, like many other long-standing Heroes fans, we are given a slap in the face with this "digital" nonsense. This whole situation makes me feel very angry and makes me wonder why I should continue supporting a company that treats its longest-running fans this way.

Shameful.