PDA

View Full Version : No advertisement for Desmond!

Altair661
11-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Is it just me... or is Ubisoft avoiding to show Desmond to the general "non-fan" of Assassin's Creed. Im pretty sure we never saw Desmond in any trailers for AC1, AC2, and ACB. And with Revelations we have a trailer about him and his gameplay type, and a mere second of his face in another. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">(And the one with him talking to 16 on the island but I don't count that)</span>

Now I don't take much personal offense to this considering I love both AC and the Desmond storyline. However I know a number of people who joined in the series at AC2 and had no idea of this Desmond story and they didn't like it either. Thus only wanting to play it for Ezio and to run around and kill everyone.

Now I don't understand this approach by Ubisoft. Im not sure how much the developers are involved with the advertisement department, but the recent launch trailer never even showed or mentioned Altair or Desmond! And 40 or 50% of the game is about them!

I just think it's rather strange they purposely make their trailers to show soley action and Ezio's kick-assery. To drive straight to those people who only care about the fighting/ancestor part, then get the game and don't understand it due to the over-arching plot line that the entire game revolves around.

Surely they can't avoid this forever though, for AC3 should put Desmond in a much more prominent role. So I ask, why does Ubisoft choose to do this?

Altair661
11-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Is it just me... or is Ubisoft avoiding to show Desmond to the general "non-fan" of Assassin's Creed. Im pretty sure we never saw Desmond in any trailers for AC1, AC2, and ACB. And with Revelations we have a trailer about him and his gameplay type, and a mere second of his face in another. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">(And the one with him talking to 16 on the island but I don't count that)</span>

Now I don't take much personal offense to this considering I love both AC and the Desmond storyline. However I know a number of people who joined in the series at AC2 and had no idea of this Desmond story and they didn't like it either. Thus only wanting to play it for Ezio and to run around and kill everyone.

Now I don't understand this approach by Ubisoft. Im not sure how much the developers are involved with the advertisement department, but the recent launch trailer never even showed or mentioned Altair or Desmond! And 40 or 50% of the game is about them!

I just think it's rather strange they purposely make their trailers to show soley action and Ezio's kick-assery. To drive straight to those people who only care about the fighting/ancestor part, then get the game and don't understand it due to the over-arching plot line that the entire game revolves around.

Surely they can't avoid this forever though, for AC3 should put Desmond in a much more prominent role. So I ask, why does Ubisoft choose to do this?

Chariflame
11-12-2011, 12:23 PM
It's the "Two Assassins. One Destiny." line they've been using that gets to me. THREE ASSASSINS. D:

I guess I can understand why they've never entirely focused on him as the majority of the games is focused on Altair and/or Ezio, so that's what they advertise. I just think they should be giving the main character some limelight, and it's going to be odd next year when a Desmond-centric game comes out and makes him look like a new character.

lukaszep
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
That was a pretty big spoiler you casually dropped in that first paragraph. Nice one dude.

rednas3636
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
no idea ..
and yea, most people who start with one of the games are like
'who the f- is that guy
-booring!'

cless711
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I agree.. Desmond does deserve more than what most people give him credit for. Since AC1, believe it or not, I always anticipated Desmond's story parts and enjoyed it a lot when the game gave a lot more time with Desmond in AC:B

freddie_1897
11-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I think that they want to keep desmonds side of the story more secret, for instance people might be able to find out important things from the trailers. Also I think they want desmonds mission to remain a mystery, as the whole franchise so far has been based solely on Desmond being the protagonist.

Altair661
11-12-2011, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
That was a pretty big spoiler you casually dropped in that first paragraph. Nice one dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to break it to ya, but there's been a video of it released by Ubisoft for like 2 months now it's like 30 seconds long...

I went ahead and change it to white anyways.

tjbyrum1
11-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Desmond is like a fan-exclusive side of the story. Only those who have played the games before know who he is.

I like that idea.

lukaszep
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
That was a pretty big spoiler you casually dropped in that first paragraph. Nice one dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to break it to ya, but there's been a video of it released by Ubisoft for like 2 months now it's like 30 seconds long...

I went ahead and change it to white anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but there's a lot of people that have been deliberately not watching those videos so that nothing is spoilt for them.

RzaRecta357
11-12-2011, 09:16 PM
They try to keep it secret. They always have. They had to give Kristen Bell a talking to when she almost spoiled the future part of AC1.

Remember, when AC1 was releasing no one knew about the future stuff save for the little hints we were shown like glitches and what have you.

Agentbarto
11-12-2011, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:
It's the "Two Assassins. One Destiny." line they've been using that gets to me. THREE ASSASSINS. D:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically wouldn't their destiny be Desmond?

LightRey
11-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Good point.