PDA

View Full Version : Build date

doogerie
10-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Hi all Iwas looking at the bennana forums and acording to oleg he is going to copiial the Nvida version of Sow on monday for a trade show in Moscow this November stand by people if you have irig that can run it just sand by if not UPDATE NOW

doogerie
10-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Hi all Iwas looking at the bennana forums and acording to oleg he is going to copiial the Nvida version of Sow on monday for a trade show in Moscow this November stand by people if you have irig that can run it just sand by if not UPDATE NOW

Stiletto-
10-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Even if he has a running version to display that looks mostly intact, even if we find out what hardware specs are running the game smoothly at this expo, why would you want to upgrade now?

Just because you know that X hardware will give you Y performance, the game won't be out for many months still, and the price of those upgrades will be substantially cheaper in 4-6 months when the game comes out than now.

AMD 6800 series and 8 Core processors are just around the corner..

Why upgrade and let the value of your hardware deteriorate when you could get the same parts for cheaper or better parts for the same price at a time when you can actually be playing and enjoying the sim?

doogerie
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
i was just saying anyway he lso hindted that this weeks update may be a vid with sound yes you herd me right sound

VW-IceFire
10-21-2010, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doogerie:
i was just saying anyway he lso hindted that this weeks update may be a vid with sound yes you herd me right sound </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He has said a few times that they would like to release such a thing but it's heavily dependent on time. A few screen shots is always easier than a video with sound. So fingers crossed but don't get your hopes up.

As for building a rig specifically for SoW... either you need a system now for other reasons (in my case I had to build new a month ago because my old system had died) or you should wait. Stiletto is completely correct with that advice.

Reschke
10-25-2010, 07:55 AM
What are we looking at time wise so far on SOW??? I think its close to 4+ years now if not 5...right? I know it takes time to get these right so I am ok with that. Now if I could just find my IL2 1946 disc to reload that after the move.