PDA

View Full Version : What if an Assassin is left handed?

DarkicoN14
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
so I've been wondering about this, what if an assassin is left handed and he used his
sword/dagger in his left hand, and his hidden

blade on his right? or are all assassins the word where you can use your both left and right? a stupid question but i'm bored and want to see your input

DarkicoN14
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
so I've been wondering about this, what if an assassin is left handed and he used his
sword/dagger in his left hand, and his hidden

blade on his right? or are all assassins the word where you can use your both left and right? a stupid question but i'm bored and want to see your input

gamertam
10-07-2010, 08:46 PM
hehehe...hmm. Well, let take Altair for an instant shall we. He is left-handed; hence his missing ring finger. I imagine one of the critical preparation to be an assassin you need training. We know this from AC#2 with Ezio and AC#1 with Altair. A good assassin is an ambidextrous assassin. (in my opinion)

CNightingale
10-07-2010, 09:04 PM
In my martial arts training, we learn to be more comfortable using both hands, so I imagine this wouldn't be a problem for assassins.

NewBlade200
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
i think the good hand is the one that holds the sword, because that takes skill, while the blade is just stabby stab http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Droid7862
01-24-2017, 03:50 AM
Having a hidden blade would be hard to shake hands and do practical things with. Therefore, I think the hidden blade is on the non dominant hand, simply so that he/she can do things with their dominant hand without accidentally triggering the hidden blade. For example, you wouldn't want the blade to eject when shaking someone's hand, writing, etc. I think that's why Ezio, Altair, Arno, and Jacob have their blades on their left hands but still use swords with their right. The only exception to this is Edward Kenway, who has his blade on his right hand. Interestingly enough, however, he uses his sword with his left, supporting my original claim that the blade is on the non-dominant hand for practical use.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2017, 04:00 AM
The blades can go on either hand, so it doesn't matter, right?

Plus, in some cultures, left-handedness has been punished historically. I don't know how far back this trend goes or how widespread it was, but my grandfather was naturally left-handed, and his grandmother basically beat the habit out of him because it was supposedly a sign of witchcraft or devilry or somesuch.

Edit- holy Lord, what a necro.

Droid7862
01-24-2017, 04:14 AM
Yes, it's true, and in fact, many schools(as late as 20 years ago) would make young children who were just starting to write be right handed-- it was a form of being proper and/or high class. That being said, it makes sense for only Edward to be left-handed; he's a pirate, the furthest form proper.

cawatrooper9
01-24-2017, 03:29 PM
Then they'd just wield their blade in the other hand...

But we're probably never going to see that in a game. Most people are right handed, and developers try to make their games reflect this- it's easier for most people to control a right handed swordsman than a left handed one. TLOZ used to have Link as left handed, but when motion controls were added he switched to right handed.

ELEVEN-ALPHA
01-30-2018, 06:31 PM
Aya, has her hidden blade on the left hand.