PDA

View Full Version : 300 types of bombs...?

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I may have misheard/misread, but I saw that we'd be able to craft about 300 types of bombs. Are there even? All I can think of are Smoke, Explosive, Poison Gas, and Flash.

Maybe a different "type" could include different strengths. i.e "Weak Flash Bomb", "Medium Flash Bomb" and "Strong Flash Bomb" are considered 3?

Will we be able to mix them around for a Flash/Smoke and then their strengths vary? (Which would be awesome imo)

What they end up doing will probably make sense, but as of now I'm somewhat confused. What do you guys think?

EDIT: "As well as the hookblade, Ezio will also have 300 different bomb variations at his disposal, which will be craftable." -Game Informer

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I may have misheard/misread, but I saw that we'd be able to craft about 300 types of bombs. Are there even? All I can think of are Smoke, Explosive, Poison Gas, and Flash.

Maybe a different "type" could include different strengths. i.e "Weak Flash Bomb", "Medium Flash Bomb" and "Strong Flash Bomb" are considered 3?

Will we be able to mix them around for a Flash/Smoke and then their strengths vary? (Which would be awesome imo)

What they end up doing will probably make sense, but as of now I'm somewhat confused. What do you guys think?

EDIT: "As well as the hookblade, Ezio will also have 300 different bomb variations at his disposal, which will be craftable." -Game Informer

Eziosantos
05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
To me, it seems like a typo. Maybe it's 30 bombs and someone put an extra 0 by accident

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eziosantos:
To me, it seems like a typo. Maybe it's 30 bombs and someone put an extra 0 by accident </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would make sense. But wouldn't it have been edited? Especially since they send it to Ubisoft to proof-read before publishing.

Dieinthedark
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
IDK... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Blind2Society
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
The guy said 300 hundred in the interview if I remember correctly

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The guy said 300 hundred in the interview if I remember correctly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I remember that too.

I heard of one that you throw to the ground as a chase-breaker. Probably fire-crackers. That sounds pretty cool.

Rakudaton
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The guy said 300 hundred in the interview if I remember correctly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I remember that too.

I heard of one that you throw to the ground as a chase-breaker. Probably fire-crackers. That sounds pretty cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're talking about the caltrop-launching one (caltrops are the spikey things you scatter on the ground that get stuck in people's feet) -- yes, it does sound cool. Incidentally, firecrackers and also confirmed (I think).

NuclearFuss
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
It's said 300 in too many different places to be a typo. They're definitely thinking outside the box then. I can think of caltrops as chase-breakers, maybe some sort of hedgehog grenade with needles, and incendiary. Plus maybe these 'bombs' aren't always explosions. There could be one that just makes a loud noise as a distraction. It's the only way I can imagine them having anywhere near 300.

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
It's said 300 in too many different places to be a typo. They're definitely thinking outside the box then. I can think of caltrops as chase-breakers, maybe some sort of hedgehog grenade with needles, and incendiary. Plus maybe these 'bombs' aren't always explosions. There could be one that just makes a loud noise as a distraction. It's the only way I can imagine them having anywhere near 300. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Incendiary would be awesome. All of the types that have been named, if they can mix around as one bomb (i.e. Flash/smoke, etc.) would probably come up to the 300. Can't wait to see what kinds we'll have http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DualFace
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
This is one of the things that I'm really excited about. I love that Ubisoft is giving
us this fun new toy to play with, within the game. That, and using it to mess with the
game's AI to the best of our invested time. LOL

(reminds of having fun with MGSs guards, ect.

Blind2Society
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry bout the derail but, there's a new Soul Calibur coming?!?!

DualFace
05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry bout the derail but, there's a new Soul Calibur coming?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer behind the times mang! My signature is actually a link. CLICK IT. And then see here (http://www.namcobandaigames.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11221&sid=5ea8bbf5ece1513895a8b516962e9712).

Blind2Society
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Apparently so, I had no idea. Can't wait!

-end of derail-

StuffedInABoxx
05-12-2011, 10:31 PM
they could easily make levels of bombs, even more than just weak/medium/strong. There could also be things more like mines and timed bombs that you can set. I remember an interview saying something about the improved eagle sense business, and he said something about setting a trap with your bombs if I recall correctly...

SpyderNynja
05-13-2011, 02:19 AM
i'm guessing that means there's 300 possible configurations of probably something like 75 effects in which you can install 4 total onto a single bomb? maybe? still, even 75 is a lot. idk.

scope2005
05-13-2011, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't be too thrilled about it, it is likely about 20 different effects max which can be combined leading to over 300 possible combinations...

Was it dead rising 2 which boasted 40,000 different weapon combinations, or some other ridiculous number?

Statistics - one of the best ways of bending the truth there is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

knightshad0w
05-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Perhaps we can make them with different mechanisms, for example: tripwire-detonated, landmine-detonated, or maybe even remote detonated by pulling a string of some sorts.

knightshad0w
05-13-2011, 03:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
I wouldn't be too thrilled about it, it is likely about 20 different effects max which can be combined leading to over 300 possible combinations...

Was it dead rising 2 which boasted 40,000 different weapon combinations, or some other ridiculous number?

Statistics - one of the best ways of bending the truth there is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever heard about a game called Borderlands? That game had like 17,750,000 guns in it.

DavisP92
05-13-2011, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightshad0w:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

Statistics - one of the best ways of bending the truth there is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever heard about a game called Borderlands? That game had like 17,750,000 guns in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea but the difference is that borderlands' guns changed every 5 seconds really. each one was supposed to be stronger and weaker and had elemental effects. But they all were still in the catagory of sniper, pistol, smg, rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, then energy guns, and the different bombs.

But AC has to be realistic, and has to use actual bombs that were or could have been used during that time. so 300 is a lot

cptn_k
05-13-2011, 04:57 PM

I think it goes a little like...

'there's lies, there's damn lies, then there's statistics'

crash3
05-14-2011, 05:44 AM
are there even gonna be enough missions to use the 300 different bombs in? i would have thought 10 types at the most would have been enough but 300? surely not

ChaosxNetwork
05-14-2011, 06:02 AM
I agree with the "Weak, Medium and Strong" taking up 3. It makes a lot of sense, can't wait to hear about the more exotic ones!

Tuck2103
05-14-2011, 06:48 AM
As long as they don't let Leonardo invent some kind of nuke, these bombs could be awesome.

danho1
05-14-2011, 03:18 PM
300? That's stupid...What's the point having that many? Seems pointless and pretentious...Fail

SpitfireSpud
05-16-2011, 05:00 AM
I think its more like 300 variations of about 30 or so actual bombs/explosives or distractions etc...

Like having a smoke bomb combine with poison, like the nova gas...

just an idea.

IIwangcarsII
05-16-2011, 05:02 AM
I dont even like the thought of bombs! I mean the one on assassins creed 2/brohood was like hoying a bag of talc on the ground!

Grandmaster_Z
05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
usama would be proud

JonnyQuickShot
05-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I would personally rather have 10 well though out, useful bombs, the 300 bombs I will never use more than once.

an-assassin
05-17-2011, 04:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
usama would be proud </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg, that quote made my day