PDA

View Full Version : Sheathing/Dropping weapons after fights.

SupremeCaptain
11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
This can get annoying sometimes for me when you carry around a spear/heavy weapon and that after every fight you drop it. Like one time I slashed someone off the roof, dropped the claymore and it slid off the roof into the water (lol). Is there anyway you could stop Ezio from dropping the weapon?

SupremeCaptain
11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
This can get annoying sometimes for me when you carry around a spear/heavy weapon and that after every fight you drop it. Like one time I slashed someone off the roof, dropped the claymore and it slid off the roof into the water (lol). Is there anyway you could stop Ezio from dropping the weapon?

Xenlecan
11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Aside from not ending the fight, the answer is no, sadly.

XxRTEKxX
11-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe as DLC they will release a sheath that could be worn optional in order to carry back weapons you pick up in a battle. Claymore, spear, axe, hammer etc.

monkeyuncle8
11-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I think that the game has no slot for the player to sheath a spear so they just have it so that whenever you end a fight you drop it and they probably had trouble, because the spears can be split in half

brazilanubis3
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Tip: If you like so much the heavy weapons or the long range weapons and you get annoyed from losing them after a counter attack, just carry the soldier and they will drop the weapon. Also don't press fast walk with the weapon or you'll drop it, instead change to high profile without sprinting with the A (xbox) or X (PS3) button pressed.

Teeem3000
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
There's a claymore in-game worn on the hip of the mercenary captain with a scabbard. Would have been pretty easy for the devs to replace it with the normal swords on Ezio's hip. I can't think of a reason why they didn't, actually.

The axes and hammers could be worn on Ezio's back, the spears and polearms would be a bit more difficult. Everytime I had a spear I felt compelled to throw it at someone (like in Shadow of the Colossus), but I couldn't.

Not complaining though. This game is so awesome.

Dynasty2021
11-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I havent reached the section of the game where you learn to disarm, but I kind of like the idea that you cant carry their weapons around for too long.

Whats the point in picking up the most powerful weapon and using it for the rest of the game. Theres no difficulty setting as it is.

You can purchase or 'win' a heck of a lot of weapons, but I believe you have to go back to your villa every time you 'lose' your weapon..which sounds a bit tedious but atleast theres quick-travelling (Thank you Ubisoft!!!)

If I disarm someone, I want to kill them with their own weapon. Theres no better way to own someone than stealing their weapon and then killing them with it.

The split spear kill/counter looks awesome (where it splits down the middle, he looks at each piece, turns and jabs both pieces into the guy). Cant wait to try that out.

Only about 3 or 4 hours in, but by god this game is so much fun. Its truly FUN. And the diversity is excellent. Can see me never getting bored or tedious before I reach the end.

Teeem3000
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
You have the most powerful weapon almost at the beginning. The hidden blades kill everything in one counter, plus you can block any weapon including heavy weapons with your leather vambrace. I don't see much of a difference.

I don't see how it would unbalance gameplay anymore then the hidden blades. The gameplay is fairly easy anyways. So the way I'd see it like extra icing on the cake. Plus you can continually pick up the weapon after it's dropped, so it's more redundant and frustrating then anything else. But I understand what you're saying, and I can see why the developers did what they did.

I'm a fist man myself. Disarming an opponent and killing them is very satisfying, but it seems quite overpowered too.

nitres15
11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
i had a bug that i culd sprint with a axe and ezio didint drop it after 15 seconds he dropt it