PDA

View Full Version : Cool new damage effect I just noticed.

Jumoschwanz
11-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I was shooting up a B-29 in the QMB and I noticed when the engines are hit a thick black ooze of oil runs back along the engine nacelle out of the cooling flaps. I did not look to see if this effect was on any other new craft but i will look for it for sure. S!

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz
11-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I was shooting up a B-29 in the QMB and I noticed when the engines are hit a thick black ooze of oil runs back along the engine nacelle out of the cooling flaps. I did not look to see if this effect was on any other new craft but i will look for it for sure. S!

Jumoschwanz

tsisqua
11-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Great find! I'll have to check it out. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wonder what else we will find?

Tsisqua

NTESLA
11-21-2004, 01:06 PM
So far these are the ones I have seen:

-On the new spitfire, the pilots brings his head down when the canopy slides out or in.

-The water=3 gives a realistic image from certain angles were the water sparkles the sunlight just like in real life!

ploughman
11-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Not a DM effect but I only noticed it today. Taking off in a FAA Sea fire I flip to autopilot to get half flaps and then flip back to conduct the take-off. In order to retract flaps you then have to open the flaps and then close them, just like the Malta Spitfires delivered by the USS Hornet and HMS Eagle did to drop the blocks that held the flaps half closed for take off. Pretty cool I thought. Couldn't tell if the blocks have been modelled.

ucanfly
11-21-2004, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:
Not a DM effect but I only noticed it today. Taking off in a FAA Sea fire I flip to autopilot to get half flaps and then flip back to conduct the take-off. In order to retract flaps you then have to open the flaps and then close them, just like the Malta Spitfires delivered by the USS Hornet and HMS Eagle did to drop the blocks that held the flaps half closed for take off. Pretty cool I thought. Couldn't tell if the blocks have been modelled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is an old feature of planes that have all or nothing flaps. Been arouns since at least AEP.

WOLFMondo
11-21-2004, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:

Jumoschwanz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I noticed you can also shoot there flaps off which I've not noticed on other planes.