PDA

View Full Version : Im a bit confused on the 1946 thing.

Rubycat
08-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I have forgotten battles, Aces, and Pacific fighters -all 3 of the separate cases I bought a while ago-..
Ive just come back into flight sims, and Im not sure if those are important anymore to have, as I read about the whole 1946 dvd.

=and its slightly confusing to understand if everyone needs it, regardless if they have the original 3

Rubycat
08-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I have forgotten battles, Aces, and Pacific fighters -all 3 of the separate cases I bought a while ago-..
Ive just come back into flight sims, and Im not sure if those are important anymore to have, as I read about the whole 1946 dvd.

=and its slightly confusing to understand if everyone needs it, regardless if they have the original 3

Xiolablu3
08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Ruby, it does seem a bit awkward with all the different addons and versions, but its the only way to keep updating the simulation and add new content, in free patches and new addons.

The simplest and easiest thing for you to do would be to buy the IL2 1946 DVD. It contains everything needed in one install.

It basically has all the new addons,

Sturmoviks over Manchuria
Pe2 Addon
All the free patches

and includes all the old content that you already have , for FREE.

Once you buy IL2 1946, all you need to get is the smallish 4.08 patch and you are totally up to date and readsy to play online (something which is HIGHLY recommended)

The sim now has over 350 flyable planes and many different maps. Its by far the best WW2 air combat simulator ever made.

You can buy IL2 1946 for around 10/$10/10 Euros now if you shop around. Its really worth much more than that, and its worth buying just for the ease of install.

S! and see you online!

SlickStick
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
The merged version of Pacific Fighters (FB+AEP+PF) stopped officially at V4.05 with the Pe-2 add-on.

IL-2:1946 is the complete game and includes V.4.05, V4.06 and V4.07 out of the box, with one patch V4.08 released so far.

It installs as V4.07 and is very convenient to have it all on one DVD. The US version of the DVD also is able to run without the DVD in the drive (At least that's how it was when I got my copy, but I don't think that part has changed).

There are still small pockets of PF stand-alone and PF merged servers of V4.04 and V4.05 around, but the bulk of the community plays IL2:1946 V4.08 on HyperLobby (http://hyperfighter.sk) or All-Seeing Eye.

Rubycat
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Ahh I see now. Thanks alot guys

ill have to head out in the week and pick me up a copy