PDA

View Full Version : This is why I won't be buying ACR.

Gudfroy
10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Because after buying Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and trying to enjoy the multiplayer experience was, for me.. Impossible!

I went thru patches, I went thru my ISP & router.
Not much more to do. I had 3 games in total since the day the game was released, 3 games.. online.. full price!

And I'm sure I've wasted like hours and HOURS of time trying to get into a game, sadly.

So why will this be any different in ACR?
When they won't even fix ACB before the game is dead (online), heh.

(Did I only create this topic to QQ, no. I want to see if anyone share the same experience as me or had a different one!?)
Perhaps I will change my mind on buying the game, because online gameplay is what makes me buy the games. I use very short time on single player.

infighter77
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
The thing is that Assassin's Creed is not multiplayer game your buying AC for its great singeplayer.Yes it has multiplayer but we shouldn't expect too much from console port and matchmaking overall i like the game and i like multiplayer

ace3001
10-24-2011, 01:24 AM
You talk like this is an MMO. AC is a single player oriented game. Why not get it just for the stellar single player component alone, just like AC1 and 2? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif If you didn't play those and just got Brotherhood for MP, I suggest you look at a more MP focused game rather than AC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spectatorx
10-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Multiplayer and matchmaking in brotherhood... This topic is coming back in here like a boomerang.

I was hoping they will listen to us, to gamers but no, like always, they didn't do this. I had a bit of hope they will give to us dedicated servers but no, in revelations matchmaking is gonna come back to **** out our gaming again.

About support.. do not count on much. In last 5 years.. how many of games ubisoft released with 3 patches? How many games from ubisoft get more than 3 patches? How many of these patches really fixed the most annoying issues? How many patches fixed the less occuring to gamers issues?

sassinscreed
10-24-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
You talk like this is an MMO. AC is a single player oriented game. Why not get it just for the stellar single player component alone, just like AC1 and 2? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif If you didn't play those and just got Brotherhood for MP, I suggest you look at a more MP focused game rather than AC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

so there is multiplayer which you pay for and it exists but you can't play but it doesn't matter because it is singleplayer oriented game?

then i would like to buy just singleplayer without multiplayer for lower price

AnthonyA85
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I'll be getting ACR, but i won't bother with multiplayer, not after Brotherhood's disaster.

I've only tried to get into ACB's MP twice, and only succeeded once, and even then, the match i ended up in had 1 minute left on the clock, and i was only in for 15 seconds before getting kicked, most of the time, i get stuck at the "waiting for other agents" bit, with the counter NEVER reaching 6/6

Maybe with AC3 they'll get their act together on this issue (i doubt it though)

Rankya_94
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I liked Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's Multiplayer it wasn't perfect, or a wreck, it was good.

It's matchmaking had it's moments where it's good and bad. But my only major problems with it's Multiplayer was getting shot through stuff, and getting lags now and then. (It was rare.) But yeah, i liked it alot.

But all I can say, if you're buying a game for it's Multiplayer, rent it first see how it goes from there. I think of Multiplayer as an additional plus. Single Player for AC is the best turn, compare to it's Multiplayer.

Jexx21
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Anthony try ACR's MP at-least. I'm playing in ACB's MP a lot, and it's actually really fun.

sp33dd34m0n
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Well if I play ACB MP alone its fine with matchmaking. But most of the time I wanna play with my girlfirend together. Average time till we manage to create a session, invite each other and start a game without getting separated is like 30-45min each time. That really sucks. ACR Beta had simmilar issues but it was a BIT better. So hopefully it will be improved till its released. We would be happy if it would take 10min of trying to play together - actually sad but true.

Lignjoslav
10-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Well, I must say that my experience was not perfect, but much better than what you describe. I have been playing multiplayer almost since the PC release (it was a preorder, so I had the game since day one and I first tried multiplayer a few days later) and, after a pretty long break, I've been playing it for the last ten days again.

The waiting, for me, mostly depends on the type of the game. I can find a Wanted game almost instantly almost every time and similar goes for Manhunt. Some other modes, such as Assassinate and Alliance can be a lot more difficult to get into and I'm guessing that that's because of the smaller amount of people playing them.

What is bothering me are certain glitches, such as invisible enemies, usually on the defending side in Manhunt. I've seen reports of that as old as the game itself and the fact that it hasn't been patched doesn't speak well of the work that goes into maintaining the game. Stranger still, I'm only seeing it (and I'm seeing it a lot) since my return to the multiplayer (last 10 days), before that, I leveled to around level 43 and I haven't seen it once.

I do have other grievances, and they mostly come from publisher decisions, but they were fortunately not big enough to ruin the good work of designers and developers who, I hope, have been keeping up the good work with the upcoming game.

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 04:55 AM
well thats your problem for missing out on a great game

ace3001
10-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

so there is multiplayer which you pay for and it exists but you can't play but it doesn't matter because it is singleplayer oriented game?

then i would like to buy just singleplayer without multiplayer for lower price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Fair enough, but if you're one of the players who played AC since 1, wouldn't you buy it if it were only single player? Mind you, even then it was the same price.

Windrius
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Well, I had a problem with matchmaking aswell.
But that was only because I was using a router. If I plugged in cable directly into PC it worked like a charm.
HOWEVER!!! You can actually still play with a VPN. I used a US IP and matchmaking also worked perfectly.
But I still have hopes that AC:R will have a different matchmaking system. :<

shobhit7777777
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
The thing is that Assassin's Creed is not multiplayer game your buying AC for its great singeplayer.Yes it has multiplayer but we shouldn't expect too much from console port and matchmaking overall i like the game and i like multiplayer

What?
"Expect too much"? I'm sorry I paid for a full game...and as such have a right to expect a fully functional MP experience.