PDA

View Full Version : Amost there...

stereophobia2
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone, new to the forum. About a week ago, my friend was going away for an extended weekend at work, and left me with his laptop to repair. Well the job was quick and easy and he left the silent hunter game with it so I could test that it ran well enough. I tested it and it ran fine, and 3 days later I was still testing it when he came to collect his rig. I couldnt beleive how great the game is, Ive always wanted to play a decent naval combat game and until now, it seemed an impossible task.
So with a determination to track down and buy a copy I did a full tour of my town and the next town along, well I say town, its more of an overgrown village, but either way it was impossible. All of the local shops seem to discriminate against PC gamers, especialy if they want to play anything but a console style game on their PC.
So after walking and catching bus' for about 7 hours I bit the bullet an ordered it online tuesday night. I was hopeful that it would arrive today, but alas Im going to need to wait til tomorrow morning, well knowing my lethatgic postman, tomorrow afternoon.
Anyway cant wait to jump back into the water and get hunting again and thaught I would irritate you all with my story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

stereophobia2
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone, new to the forum. About a week ago, my friend was going away for an extended weekend at work, and left me with his laptop to repair. Well the job was quick and easy and he left the silent hunter game with it so I could test that it ran well enough. I tested it and it ran fine, and 3 days later I was still testing it when he came to collect his rig. I couldnt beleive how great the game is, Ive always wanted to play a decent naval combat game and until now, it seemed an impossible task.
So with a determination to track down and buy a copy I did a full tour of my town and the next town along, well I say town, its more of an overgrown village, but either way it was impossible. All of the local shops seem to discriminate against PC gamers, especialy if they want to play anything but a console style game on their PC.
So after walking and catching bus' for about 7 hours I bit the bullet an ordered it online tuesday night. I was hopeful that it would arrive today, but alas Im going to need to wait til tomorrow morning, well knowing my lethatgic postman, tomorrow afternoon.
Anyway cant wait to jump back into the water and get hunting again and thaught I would irritate you all with my story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

altstiff
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Just keep watching Das Boot until it comes.

Reverend 66
04-07-2005, 10:54 AM
he he I couldn't even wait for the postman I ordered the downoad version through direct 2 drive the week it came out.

stereophobia2
04-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Well I dug out my dusty old copy of das boot for tonights viewing, no doubt my "better half" will object but hey its my house lol
I would have got the download version, but I dont have DVD burner yet, and I dont trust my system to commit sepuku the second I finish downloading it

CCIP
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome!

Don't expect your game soon. Like you did with your friends' copy, I'm sure the postman is playing yours now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif