PDA

View Full Version : Thanks money_money

cwbytx2
10-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I installed the .dll you told me too and that worked, however, the game ran for less than 5 minutes, locked up and restarted my computer. So tell me, have I waisted my money here? Sure seems I have. No other game I have ever purchased has given me this kind of problem straight out of the box. Seems the reviewers for this game where on something. Sorry if I offend people but I hate throwing money away!!
Any suggestions are very welcome!

cwbytx2
10-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I installed the .dll you told me too and that worked, however, the game ran for less than 5 minutes, locked up and restarted my computer. So tell me, have I waisted my money here? Sure seems I have. No other game I have ever purchased has given me this kind of problem straight out of the box. Seems the reviewers for this game where on something. Sorry if I offend people but I hate throwing money away!!
Any suggestions are very welcome!

Kuna15
10-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I had never problems like yours. Can you explain your problem better?

Your game crashes and in the process your PC gets rebooted? I'm no expert but it may be due to overheat issues.

Anyway best thing is to post about your problem on Community Help.
link
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655 (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655)

FoolTrottel
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I have had problems like yours.

All due to bad hardware / drivers / cooling ...

Once fixed ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif lot's of fun ...

Like Kuna said, go post at the Community Help Forum ...

ytareh
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
This game will test a system both graphics AND CPU to the limit.If it can overheat("Intel") it will.Whats yer PC specs?Cooling if not very good will become a big issue!

Skycat_2
10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
It may be CPU/memory also. "Five minutes" is about right for a mission to arrive to where there is a lot of activity happening on the map, and that sometimes locks up my computer at least -- how badly it does is partly caused by what video settings I'm using. Remember that flight sims are notoriously resource intensive and need lots of CPU and memory.

1) Please specify some information about your computer, namely what model and the speed processor you are using; your OS; your video card model and driver; and the amount of RAM you have.

2) Are you trying to run the game at maximum "perfect" video settings? You'll see terrific improvements just by reducing the settings a little bit in some areas. Try experimenting with the cloud detail and the terrain lighting first; I personally run "High" instead of "Excellent" for both.

3) I'd recommend you have at least 1024Mb RAM. You might be able to get away with as little as 512Mb, but more memory is better for the larger maps. As for your central processor, I don't know what the minimum speed is that you can get away with but personally I wish I had better than my current 1.7Ghz Pentium 4.

4) If you are using DGen for the Career campaigns you can lower the density of air activity. The less planes there are in the air around you, the less the computer has to spread its CPU resources to fly each plane -- especially when all of the planes are in one small area.
Edit: this can be done in the conf.ini. At the end is a section titled [DGen]. Make sure that the following line says: AirIntensity=Low

5) With sound you can choose the lowest quality and hear little difference in game but see some noticeable payoff in performance. Find the il2setup icon in your game's root folder. When you open it, select the Sound tab. Select "8 Playback Channels" and "minimal" under "3D engine mode." I think the lower Sampling Rate value might be helpful also, but right now mine is on the higher choice and I'm not sure why ...

6) There are various lines in the conf.ini that you can change or add in order to make things appear in the game. Keep in mind that adding 3D gunners or more trees or higher valued waves may decrease overall performance. If you have jumped ahead and edited your conf.ini before playing the game, change your edits back to default until you get the game to run better.

7) Make sure you aren't running background programs like Anti-Virus scanners. Also, run checks like SpyBot, Ad-Aware, Ewido, Yahoo Anti-spy, etc. if you have them to search out unwanted programs that may be eating your CPU resources. While you're at it, empty your recycle bin and your temp folder.

F4U_Flyer
10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
all the above and defrag too , it really helps.