PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts from CM11

Basics2007
12-13-2007, 06:33 AM
I thought about it and seems like a good idea. What do you think about watching the really big tournaments like the Corus chess tournaments or World title games throughout the CM11 online and live? It would be such a great achievement from CM11.
What wishes do you have? Post them here and maybe some of them will be granted due to our kindly Chess Master Team
Or how about a news section in Cm11 where we can find out what happened last week in the chess world?

Basics2007
12-13-2007, 06:33 AM
I thought about it and seems like a good idea. What do you think about watching the really big tournaments like the Corus chess tournaments or World title games throughout the CM11 online and live? It would be such a great achievement from CM11.
What wishes do you have? Post them here and maybe some of them will be granted due to our kindly Chess Master Team
Or how about a news section in Cm11 where we can find out what happened last week in the chess world?

KHollister
12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Ah, you think Chessmaster should imitate some of the features of Chessbase... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I will admit, I look at Chessbase News everyday. And I like the features (such as videos) that PlayChess offers; so I think this would be a good thing as well.

However, from the postings I've seen, I think Chessmaster should focus on improving online play before anything else (dinner before dessert).

That being said... I've compared Fritz 10 to Chessmaster 10, and I think CM is definitely more user friendly.

Don't get me wrong, Fritz 10 has a lot of cool features, but it's tough to find things due to the poor organization of the user-interface.

So despite the improvements that need to be made, some things have been done very well.

KHollister
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
True... there's just too much money in developing other kinds of games.

However, I will stick to what I said about Chessmaster's UI -- it's much more intuitive than Fritz... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif