PDA

View Full Version : first campagne

doogerie
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
who did you fly for when you started yor irst campagne?

I tryed the Ussr in an old 1939 fighter can't rember the full name it can't do an negative g dives or anything and has an open top with a windscreen type thing

doogerie
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM

I tryed the Ussr in an old 1939 fighter can't rember the full name it can't do an negative g dives or anything and has an open top with a windscreen type thing

relcox
12-23-2008, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doogerie:

I tryed the Ussr in an old 1939 fighter can't rember the full name it can't do an negative g dives or anything and has an open top with a windscreen type thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luftwaffe Fighter South, and of course had no idea you could select your aircraft so I was in a BF109E4, had the difficulty on easy and still couldn't hit anything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif that was 6 years ago, what fun!

mortoma
12-23-2008, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doogerie:

I tryed the Ussr in an old 1939 fighter can't rember the full name it can't do an negative g dives or anything and has an open top with a windscreen type thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In your other thread I have posted how to make your choices of fighters way bigger by easily editing certain files.

Divine-Wind
12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I started off in the service of the VVS, flying a LaGG-3 during the good old days of Il-2. Ah, what fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Xiolablu3
12-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I started with Germany and a 109F as I wanted a better plane than my oppponents at first.

The 109F2 only has a 15mm cannon, but the 109F4 has a 20mm cannon, so good firepower.

CHoose the 109F4 as your start plane if you can.

crucislancer
12-23-2008, 05:22 PM
The first campaign I ever played in IL-2 was the German Fighter campaign in the original game, which starts you off in a bf109F-2 and you finish in the bf109G-6A/S, I believe. 85 missions, I think. I also had the Russian IL-2 and Fighter campaigns going at the same time, but I didn't get very far, as I wanted to concentrate on the German one.

All three of these campaigns are available in IL-2 1946 (Germany - Fighter, USSR - Fighter and Bomber), if you feel like trying them. They are linear, rather then dynamic like the Dgen campaigns.

Uncle_Stranger
12-24-2008, 02:52 AM
In my first one, I flew as F4F somewhere in Pacific. That was rather hard...

It is a good thing that zeroes go down so fast otherwise I'd be without kills even after 20 missions.

lesterhawksby
12-24-2008, 04:33 AM
IL-2 1 series, in the original "bomber" linear campaign. Doing it again right now, it's still great.

Scolar
12-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Mine was in the Pacific with the Royal Navy, I got a few kills before starting a zero campaign in which I really grew in flying skill.

horseback
12-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Started with the original fighter campaigns in the original Il-2; completed the shorter Soviet Fighter campaign, but I got a little sick of the German one, not least because it seemed as though proximity to an 'Ace' AI would literlly decrease your aircraft's performance in the original game, and ALL the stinkin' German AI were Aces.

Also, the missions usually left the player's aircraft overheated and way behind the action. I found that the Operation Barbarossa campaign that I bought from Just Flight was vastly superior. The builders gave more thought to times and distances to waypoints, and allowed the player to keep up with his AI wingmen.

It works pretty well in Il-2 Sturmovik:'46 too; I'm 120 missions into the FW 190 campaign now (who says you can't go home again?).

cheers

horseback

Xiolablu3
12-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Its wierd, but I NEVER had trouble being left behind by the AI in any campaign.

It led me to think that it was all about your flying style as to whether a player got left behind or not?

I never had problems keeping up with my teamamtes.