PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever.........

Freiwillige
07-31-2009, 01:54 AM
Ground looped?

I did it today for the first time taxi'ing in my A6m2 to the hanger. Got going a bit fast and gave it full right rudder to make the turn and ended up spinning in one spot rapidly.

I tried to repeat it but had no success

Freiwillige
07-31-2009, 01:54 AM
Ground looped?

I did it today for the first time taxi'ing in my A6m2 to the hanger. Got going a bit fast and gave it full right rudder to make the turn and ended up spinning in one spot rapidly.

I tried to repeat it but had no success

Choctaw111
07-31-2009, 02:50 AM
I will say that it has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Tully__
07-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Try the He-111 as an exercise in ground looping, it's a good one for this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

deepo_HP
07-31-2009, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:
Try the He-111 as an exercise in ground looping, it's a good one for this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, very trua!
even more fascinating is, that the he-111 will happily ground-loop the other way round in an instant, if one tries to counteract with rudder. it is a source of nearly neverending waltz on the runway... a pure instrument of great joy.

EoW_Maverick
07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
sometimes i do it on purpose, but others i try to do it, and i've almost found the perfect speed to do it and so on. I remember one time me and a squadmate where flying one of our Island/AirbaseHops on our squads server, and we came down the runway in formation and both whipped our 51's around almost perfectly in formation, except i went a bit too far and he was about 4 degrees left, otherwise it would be a perfect formation ground loop! wish we would of been recording!

Waldo.Pepper
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
As part of a mini campaign I wrote one on of the missions the only way you could complete the mission was to do a ground loop as the snow covered runway was far too short to do a proper landing.