PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Silent Hunter fans, this one for you....

Souleech
03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Here`s my story. Today is the 22nd, i woke up and told my self "Wow, what a great day it`s gonna be...EBGames is receiving my copy of SH4 with the bonus material included"

So, at 9:30AM i picked the phone and call my local EBGames store in Quebec City...

Me-"Hi, it`s Rob...how are you today...

EBGames salesman-I`m fine thank you. And you?

Me-Well, it`s all gonna depend on you lol...did you receive Silent Hunter 4?

EBGames salesman-Let me check in my system...no, we don`t have it...

Me-What?? are you sure???

EBGames salesman-LOL I`m kidding you...i`m having it in my hand...(the staff in there know me well by the way)

Me-Yahoooo!!! I`m on my way!!!
(i drove to the store in no time)

Me-Hi!!! Let me see it!!!

EBGames salesman-Here you are...

Me-?!?!?!?!?! What`s this???? What`s that version!?!?!?! You made a mistake, that`s not the version i want. I want the one with the Bonus Materiel Included..You know, the version of the first batch...

EBGames salesman-Well, i`m sorry but, that`s the only version i got

Me-Are you sure???

EBGames salesman-Yes i am!!!

Me-Ok, i`ll be back, i`m going to have a peek at FutureShop. (walk up to FutureShop. It`s in the same shopping center)

FutureShop salesman-Hi, can i help you?

Me-Oh yes you can!!! I`m looking for Silent Hunter 4

FutureShop salesman-Let me check if we have it...yes we have it. I received 6 of them (i told myself: 6 of them better order some more my friend!!!)

Me-Ok i`ll take one please

FutureShop salesman-Hold on, i`ll be right back (it took the guy 45 min to find the game who was on a shelf somewhere in the warehouse)

FutureShop salesman-Here you go...

Me-!?!?!?!?! Not again!!!! Where`s the Limited Edition???

FutureShop salesman-Well Sir, that`s the only edition that we will receive.

Me-?????(I went back home and i called some EBGames store all over the Canada to see if we were the only province who had that poor edition and then, i called the customer service of EBGames)

EBGames sales representative-What do you want (the way she responded to me was in a very harsh way)

Me-Hi, i`m from Quebec,Canada and, i`m looking for a copy of Silent Hunter 4 with the Bonus Materiel Included...can you help me? (It took me 15mins to explained to her what i was talking about and then, she took off to speak with someone)

EBGames sales representative-That`s not our problem, it`s the manufacturer problem. I don`t see any Bonus Materiel Edition.

Me-???? Can you look at your web store page?? It`s clearly showing a picture of the box with Bonus Materiel Included markmion it.

EBGames sales representative-I`m looking at it right now and i don`t see that. (After 5mins arguing with her she told me to call Ubisoft and to speak with them. She`s been kind enough to give me a phone number...wow!!!)

Ubisoft sales representative-Hi, how can i help you?

Me-(i told him the whole story)

Ubisoft sales representative-Uhmmm, well Sir, there`s nothing i can do about it. That`s the version EBGames Canada decided to buy and i can`t exchange it.

So, to resume, Canada as been on a total let down with this one and i`m very disapointed.

I took my credit card and instead of costing me 55$ for it, it`s gonna cost me 70$ and i have to wait 3 to 4 weeks again before getting it.

So, if any of the Canadians out there i`ve seen the Limited Edition in a store, let me know.

I never saw so many different version for a game in my whole life. UK Super Edition, UK Amazon Limited Edition, North America Bonus Limited Edition and, Canadian Poor Edition.

ROFLMAO That`s a great piece of marketing that we have there!!!

Nice going Ubisoft!!!! Oh, and you too EBGames!!!

Souleech
03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Here`s my story. Today is the 22nd, i woke up and told my self "Wow, what a great day it`s gonna be...EBGames is receiving my copy of SH4 with the bonus material included"

So, at 9:30AM i picked the phone and call my local EBGames store in Quebec City...

Me-"Hi, it`s Rob...how are you today...

EBGames salesman-I`m fine thank you. And you?

Me-Well, it`s all gonna depend on you lol...did you receive Silent Hunter 4?

EBGames salesman-Let me check in my system...no, we don`t have it...

Me-What?? are you sure???

EBGames salesman-LOL I`m kidding you...i`m having it in my hand...(the staff in there know me well by the way)

Me-Yahoooo!!! I`m on my way!!!
(i drove to the store in no time)

Me-Hi!!! Let me see it!!!

EBGames salesman-Here you are...

Me-?!?!?!?!?! What`s this???? What`s that version!?!?!?! You made a mistake, that`s not the version i want. I want the one with the Bonus Materiel Included..You know, the version of the first batch...

EBGames salesman-Well, i`m sorry but, that`s the only version i got

Me-Are you sure???

EBGames salesman-Yes i am!!!

Me-Ok, i`ll be back, i`m going to have a peek at FutureShop. (walk up to FutureShop. It`s in the same shopping center)

FutureShop salesman-Hi, can i help you?

Me-Oh yes you can!!! I`m looking for Silent Hunter 4

FutureShop salesman-Let me check if we have it...yes we have it. I received 6 of them (i told myself: 6 of them better order some more my friend!!!)

Me-Ok i`ll take one please

FutureShop salesman-Hold on, i`ll be right back (it took the guy 45 min to find the game who was on a shelf somewhere in the warehouse)

FutureShop salesman-Here you go...

Me-!?!?!?!?! Not again!!!! Where`s the Limited Edition???

FutureShop salesman-Well Sir, that`s the only edition that we will receive.

Me-?????(I went back home and i called some EBGames store all over the Canada to see if we were the only province who had that poor edition and then, i called the customer service of EBGames)

EBGames sales representative-What do you want (the way she responded to me was in a very harsh way)

Me-Hi, i`m from Quebec,Canada and, i`m looking for a copy of Silent Hunter 4 with the Bonus Materiel Included...can you help me? (It took me 15mins to explained to her what i was talking about and then, she took off to speak with someone)

EBGames sales representative-That`s not our problem, it`s the manufacturer problem. I don`t see any Bonus Materiel Edition.

Me-???? Can you look at your web store page?? It`s clearly showing a picture of the box with Bonus Materiel Included markmion it.

EBGames sales representative-I`m looking at it right now and i don`t see that. (After 5mins arguing with her she told me to call Ubisoft and to speak with them. She`s been kind enough to give me a phone number...wow!!!)

Ubisoft sales representative-Hi, how can i help you?

Me-(i told him the whole story)

Ubisoft sales representative-Uhmmm, well Sir, there`s nothing i can do about it. That`s the version EBGames Canada decided to buy and i can`t exchange it.

So, to resume, Canada as been on a total let down with this one and i`m very disapointed.

I took my credit card and instead of costing me 55$ for it, it`s gonna cost me 70$ and i have to wait 3 to 4 weeks again before getting it.

So, if any of the Canadians out there i`ve seen the Limited Edition in a store, let me know.

I never saw so many different version for a game in my whole life. UK Super Edition, UK Amazon Limited Edition, North America Bonus Limited Edition and, Canadian Poor Edition.

ROFLMAO That`s a great piece of marketing that we have there!!!

Nice going Ubisoft!!!! Oh, and you too EBGames!!!

Comassion
03-22-2007, 12:04 PM
3-4 weeks? Do you live deep in the Canadian Tundra?

I'll send you a PM with the place I bought it from - for $70, you should get a pretty good shipping deal and not have to wait that long.

Souleech
03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Tundra...no lol i live in Quebec. That`s 2 hours from Montreal.

GoldenEagle8
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, thats gotta suck.

Celeon999
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
That sounds like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

tuddley3
03-22-2007, 02:13 PM
This thread looks like a Patrol report that went bad. Hope you resolve this issue.

Souleech
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
What`s bugging me is that AudibleKnight said previously:

US Edition: Available 3/20/07

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

and another kind of version came out for the Canada. A worst version...

I wonder what AudibleKnight would have to say about this???

BoneDust1963
03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
This game is constantly CTD. I went out and bought an ATI 1650 Pro 512mb to replace my Nvidia 6800 256mb card and although it will play longer it still CTDs.

I'm using 1.1 patch but it also ctd with 1.0. Very disapponted.

Souleech
03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
At least, you`re having it...

klcarroll
03-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I can't help but notice that the "CTD" reports don't seem to be following a pattern.

There must be something in hardware setup or compatibilty that we're missing.

TheRealPotoroo would probably be the one to ask.

Iski19
03-22-2007, 04:44 PM
The best part of this is that the disc's and packaging were made in canada.....I just right angry....even the uk versions had a key card and map....canadians didnt even get tht...so i have no idea what the hot keys are and the layout....THANKS UBI....and everyone is finger pointing...myself I'd just like the same material as everyone else....(keycard, maps...maybe one of the DVD's that i was told by the reatiler i WOULD get in my order....

Souleech
03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I suspect that Ubi have made the Canadian Edition printed in Quebec because the stupid governement of Quebec oblige the game distributors to have a manuel in french when they want to sell their products in here.

Now, i have to pay an extra and wait 3 to 4 more weeks because of those French Canadian who`s afraid to learn english because they don`t want to get assimilated by another language. I wonder who`s more intelligent??? The one who speak three language or the one hidding behind his idea of not getting assimilated??? I`m a french Canadian and, most of my english that i learned was by watching tv (i use to watch The Price is Right when i was yough...man that i dream of that red hair hostess!!!! Lucky Bob Barker!!!) and by playing english video games RPG like Zelda. Now, today, i can communicate in three languages(french, english and spanish) without problems.

I removed those barriers a long time ago. But even with that, i still have to pay as for today!!!

Where`s that stork who drop me over here??? I need to have a word with her!!!!

AudibleKnight
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Hello, I read your post, and you definitely have the right to be frustrated. At the time I posted, I was told that the limited time edition would be available in both the US and Canada.

We have received other reports from Canadian members reporting the same problem. Rest assured that we're investigating the issue, and I'll post again when I have more information. I apologize for this frustrating situation, and thank you for your patience.

Souleech
03-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you Sir, i'm waiting for your answer.

JCC2003
03-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Well... I just got a response from "Jason" at Ubisoft.

"Thank you for contacting Ubi Soft Technical Support. Unfortunately, Technical Support does not have any access to ordering information. To order any Ubi Soft product, or for information about release dates, please visit our online store at http://store.ubi.com/."

He then changed my problem to "Solved"

Beginning to think we may have to persue this through a number of complaints to Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada, for a Misleading Advertising Investigation.

But first lets see what AudibleKnight comes up with.

JCC

Souleech
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Agree. He's probably the one who's in the best position to help us.

My order with Ubisoft Store as been processed and they have shipped my order. That was the only way to be sure to get that Limited Bonus Edition.

But i want to know why the Canadian Edition as been cut like this. I now have to wait 3 weeks before getting it.

Grobschnitt_Cat
03-24-2007, 01:14 AM
waiting for answer..

Canadian version does not even say 4 on the box.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/Grobschnitt/?ac...current=DSC01544.jpg

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/Grobschnitt/?ac...current=DSC01546.jpg