PDA

View Full Version : Traitor?

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
ok, so alot of people have been throwing that word around alot, so i thought i'd put it to a vote, just so we can see where we stand opinion wise

personally, i think it's either lucy, shaun, or a big conspirisy, i dont suspect rebecca, she seems to goody goody to be a traitor, but then again, it's always the quiet ones right? still, my vote goes for lucy, how is she getting all this data on abstergo's movements? she said some old passwords work, but i dont know...somethin doesnt add up, not to mention how vidic saved her from being murdered, sounds like motivation enough to switch sides, anyway, cast your vote, and we'll see

RipYourSpineOut
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
There's no real evidence that there is a traitor in the first place. All the evidence we have are just assumptions, so it's completely baseless. Until there's solid proof that there's is actually a traitor/mole in the group, I won't be pointing fingers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
There's no real evidence that there is a traitor in the first place. All the evidence we have are just assumptions, so it's completely baseless. Until there's solid proof that there's is actually a traitor/mole in the group, I won't be pointing fingers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ok, just thought i'd give those who do wanna point fingers a place to vote, to be honest, i hope there is no traitor, but if i had to vote for someone befor i could start the next game, i'd have to say lucy

yly3
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't know about you guys but Shaun's constant criticism on Desmond isn't the nicest thing and remember he DID worked for the Templars willingly opposed to Lucy.

Ultimate_Night
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by yly3:
I don't know about you guys but Shaun's constant criticism on Desmond isn't the nicest thing and remember he DID worked for the Templars willingly opposed to Lucy.
Proof that Shaun worked for the Templars? I don't recall ever hearing this.

Rakudaton
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Actually, in ACB Shaun and Des are quite chummy. Besides, would a double agent really try and antagonise everyone? Basically, Shaun is just a sarcastic moody LEGEND... not a traitor.

If there is one, my money's on Lucy.

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
Proof that Shaun worked for the Templars? I don't recall ever hearing this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>pretty sure it was in the side plot in AC2, if i remember correctly, and im not 100% sure on this, but i think he said he was working for the templars, but the assassins recruited him, of course i could be wrong

E-Zekiel
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
IIRC, you're correct. But also IIRC, he was doing it out of ignorance. He didn't know there were "sides". I wouldn't chalk that up to doing it willingly, just doing it without knowing better.

Like how the American government and the conservatives, are reeeeeeeeeeeal quick about calling their enemies terrorists or terrorist sympathizers or something along those lines, just to reinforce the idea that there's only one "real" side.

Andre_0112
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I go for lucy. Anyways she's dead.

StrangelovePhD
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
Proof that Shaun worked for the Templars? I don't recall ever hearing this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>pretty sure it was in the side plot in AC2, if i remember correctly, and im not 100% sure on this, but i think he said he was working for the templars, but the assassins recruited him, of course i could be wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incorrect.

Shaun never worked for the Templars. He was a conspiracy theorist who investigated Abstergo (specifically their water fluoridation) and was close to being discovered and probably "silenced" when Rebecca found/ rescued him and shortly after recruited him into the Assassin order.

This is revealed during one of the conversations outside of the Animus in AC2.

Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
IIRC, you're correct. But also IIRC, he was doing it out of ignorance. He didn't know there were "sides". I wouldn't chalk that up to doing it willingly, just doing it without knowing better.

Like how the American government and the conservatives, are reeeeeeeeeeeal quick about calling their enemies terrorists or terrorist sympathizers or something along those lines, just to reinforce the idea that there's only one "real" side.

Again, wrong, Shaun never worked for the Templars according to AC2. Whether or not he is a double agent remains to be seen, but that is purely speculation at this point. Again, Shaun was investigating Abstergo, but discovered too much and was rescued by the Assassins (namely Rebecca)...

I have no idea where this idea that he worked for them came from.

yly3
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
For those saying Shaun didn't work for Templars, I think someone needs to play AC2 a bit more. I won't be an *** and I will be honest instead. I also found this out after I played AC2 for the 3rd time, I don't know after which session you are again plugged out and you can chit chat with everyone again, if you insist on Shaun he will tell you that.

StrangelovePhD
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
For those saying Shaun didn't work for Templars, I think someone needs to play AC2 a bit more. I won't be an *** and I will be honest instead. I also found this out after I played AC2 for the 3rd time, I don't know after which session you are again plugged out and you can chit chat with everyone again, if you insist on Shaun he will tell you that.

I'm sorry, but you are seriously mistaken. He never once says he used to work for the Templars/ Abstergo. I've played through AC2 multiple times, but more importantly I actually paid attention while I was doing it.

First paragraph of the Assassins Creed Wiki. Alright. I realize that wikipedias are open to editing, but the AC Wiki is very strict putting anything even remotely speculative.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shaun

He tells Desmond he investigated Abstergo's experiments with water fluoridation (which you can read about in the emails of AC1) and Rebecca chimes in and says that she was lucky she got to him first because Abstergo would likely have killed him.

Edit: AH, great, I was looking for this. Watch this closely at 1 minute and 49 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6h-AgApUs&feature=player_embedded)

Point. Set. Match, mate.

TheSpectator
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
OH SNAP!!!

Avl521
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Take that people who do not pay attention and then come up with totally unproven statements!

StrangelovePhD just proved you wrong with the cold, hard FACTS!

Good job mate.
Anyways how could you even confuse what Shaun said for him saying he worked for Templars? Pay attention people.

StrangelovePhD
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
OH SNAP!!!

Honestly, I don't mean to come off like a jerk or know-it-all, but a plot point as big as a character having previously worked for the "bad guys" would be worth a bit more than a passing mention that a few posters seem to think happened.

We all know Lucy was a double agent (or maybe even a triple agent based on some theories floating around), but Shaun's alliances (first to his own personal investigations and then to the Assassins) were clearly stated in AC2.

There's already enough mystery in the game without confusing that as well.

flyingeaglemile
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
If I had to choose, Lucy. ACB hints several times that she`s a "traitor" (how she keeps getting info from Abstergo, I remember something with Animus schematics that sounded sketchy) But I will say that I don`t actually think she is a traitor.

RedSpider
01-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I just think it seems too obvious to make Lucy the traitor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Redfeather1975
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
So the poll excludes Desmond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNJbkVPqOI

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
So the poll excludes Desmond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNJbkVPqOI desmond was an x factor until abstergo captured him, he ran away from the farm and was trying to live a normal life as a bartender, yes, i remember that tiny minute detail from AC1, but he cant be a traitor, he's a deserter, we're voting on which from the group is giving abstergo information, on desmond's sessions, and the assassins in general, which cant be desmond, since we play as him and i dont recall emailing abstergo about the temples