PDA

View Full Version : Pe-2 dive bombing...

Haigotron
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Anybody got a tip on how to dive bomb with this new kid? it clearly is different than the rest... althought i didnt have time to compare it with the p38....

sincerely yours,
margaret "haigotron" thatcher

Haigotron
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Anybody got a tip on how to dive bomb with this new kid? it clearly is different than the rest... althought i didnt have time to compare it with the p38....

sincerely yours,
margaret "haigotron" thatcher

Crash_Moses
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Well...I've never dive-bombed in the P-38 but there's an interesting SBD thread over in the Pacific Fighters forum that might help...

Haigotron
06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well...I've never dive-bombed in the P-38 but there's an interesting SBD thread over in the Pacific Fighters forum that might help... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did have a quick glance at it, but i find the Pe2 behaves differently when diving than the SBD, which i find is a breeze to bomb with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Alas, maybe i should attack with an angle?

Crash_Moses
06-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Well...now that you mention it...I had some problems with the Pe-2 also (specifically the rudder). SBD dove (normally) at an angle of between 60 and 75 degress (I've read varying accounts).

Can't hurt to try a steeper angle especially as it seems the rudder gets real squishy in an overspeed situation on the Pe-2.

Aww heck, now I gotta go play with it...thanks a lot!