PDA

View Full Version : Great music but still underused or misused ! ( spoilers )

killzab
12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
One point where the developpers still need to improve is the music during the cutscenes and particular events.

The composer of the AC series is great and has done great pieces of music but his work is really not used to its full potential to my mind.

For example; the scene where claudia becomes an assassin and Ezio Il Mentore doesn't have any music even though it is a pretty epic scene.

Another example, and this one is rather unforgivable, the fight against Rodrigo in AC2, when you have clones of Ezio with you, there was no music neither and thus I found the fight very boring and flat.

Music is essential !

killzab
12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
One point where the developpers still need to improve is the music during the cutscenes and particular events.

The composer of the AC series is great and has done great pieces of music but his work is really not used to its full potential to my mind.

For example; the scene where claudia becomes an assassin and Ezio Il Mentore doesn't have any music even though it is a pretty epic scene.

Another example, and this one is rather unforgivable, the fight against Rodrigo in AC2, when you have clones of Ezio with you, there was no music neither and thus I found the fight very boring and flat.

Music is essential !

lodylody
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree with all of your points - more music would make the game have a much better feel!

thedeadman_47
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
yeah jeper kyd does great music(assassin's creed series,hitman series,.....etc)and i fell so terrible that his music is not used properly but still it didn't make that diffrence in the game so i partilly agree

Xanatos2007
12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Jesper Kyd composes the music but, unlike in the Hitman games, I don't think he gets to script which music plays where. Which probably explains why some tracks have inappropriate titles and play in inappropriate areas (in AC2 at least, like 'Home of the Brotherhood' and 'Back in Venice').

Masta_Pain
12-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I think they misuse the music when burning down a Borgia Tower. It's not a particularly good track and it doesn't fit with what your doing, when it plays it feels like your doing something wrong rather than something righteous.

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2010, 04:10 AM
jasper kyde is amazing at making the music but I have to agree. I think the biggest fail was in ACB where after you beat the game the music is at all times kind of dark, it would have fit in better in areas like secret areas or during a stealth mission but to just have that same darker feeling music to it all the time with no lighter music at all in the game doesn't make a lot of sense. where as the music from ACII was just awesome.