PDA

View Full Version : Testing, testing, need players for testing...

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
A couple of recent threads have brought up questions which will require some investigation in-game.

I'd like to organise for his investigation to happen (partly because I have nothing better to do).

We need one of 3 things:

1. 3 more players who can coordinate with me on PSN and arrange a time to meet up and test things in a private Wanted game.

2. 4 players who can coordinate with one another on PSN but aren't able to make a time with me.

3. 4 players who can coordinate to test things on XBox Live.

In any of these options, it would help to have at least 2 (but preferably all 4 - which would rule me out if it does happen) with recording capabilities, so we can have the events uploaded from multiple perspectives and give a clearer indication of what happens. Also, ALL players will need headsets, if at all possible.

The main things we need to test are:

1. When does the red triangle appear/disappear OUTSIDE a chase (easiest tested in Wanted - can't be Advanced, because that doesn't show this indicator except during chases).

2. Charge vs. Charge - who wins? This needs to be coordinated between the target and pursuer, and can therefore only be tested in Wanted. Try target charging then pursuer, pursuer charging then target, and make sure both are tested at different ranges to confirm if that makes a difference.

3. Less important, since the arguments over it have died down now, but it would be nice to know if pursuers or targets are naturally faster in a chase WITHOUT using chase expert. To do this, you'd need to start a chase, then have both players run down a wide open path, starting side by side, and see if one or the other takes the lead as they go. This one is important to capture from at least 3 perspectives for certainty. Pursuer's POV, Target's POV, and Bystander's POV. Preferably a bystander who can see the whole route travelled without having to run, or one bystander at each end of the chase route.

Also, getting a better test than W.E.S.P's previous "gate kill" video would be nice. That would require 4 perspectives, though (target, pursuer, and both sides of the gate), so without recording equipment of my own, I wouldn't actually be able to help with that in terms of providing proof.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
A couple of recent threads have brought up questions which will require some investigation in-game.

I'd like to organise for his investigation to happen (partly because I have nothing better to do).

We need one of 3 things:

1. 3 more players who can coordinate with me on PSN and arrange a time to meet up and test things in a private Wanted game.

2. 4 players who can coordinate with one another on PSN but aren't able to make a time with me.

3. 4 players who can coordinate to test things on XBox Live.

In any of these options, it would help to have at least 2 (but preferably all 4 - which would rule me out if it does happen) with recording capabilities, so we can have the events uploaded from multiple perspectives and give a clearer indication of what happens. Also, ALL players will need headsets, if at all possible.

The main things we need to test are:

1. When does the red triangle appear/disappear OUTSIDE a chase (easiest tested in Wanted - can't be Advanced, because that doesn't show this indicator except during chases).

2. Charge vs. Charge - who wins? This needs to be coordinated between the target and pursuer, and can therefore only be tested in Wanted. Try target charging then pursuer, pursuer charging then target, and make sure both are tested at different ranges to confirm if that makes a difference.

3. Less important, since the arguments over it have died down now, but it would be nice to know if pursuers or targets are naturally faster in a chase WITHOUT using chase expert. To do this, you'd need to start a chase, then have both players run down a wide open path, starting side by side, and see if one or the other takes the lead as they go. This one is important to capture from at least 3 perspectives for certainty. Pursuer's POV, Target's POV, and Bystander's POV. Preferably a bystander who can see the whole route travelled without having to run, or one bystander at each end of the chase route.

Also, getting a better test than W.E.S.P's previous "gate kill" video would be nice. That would require 4 perspectives, though (target, pursuer, and both sides of the gate), so without recording equipment of my own, I wouldn't actually be able to help with that in terms of providing proof.

Rainie
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Depending on when it happens I can help out on either system

gothpunkboy89
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
i'll help with the ps3 side of it. i had a few questions like what you put so helping you get the findings would be fun. just be sure to post the results if i miss it.

UNS0UND
01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I can help out on 360. No recording capabilities.

Squiiddish
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I can help and record on 360.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Anyone wanting to help out, please post the following:

Times/days available:
Timezone of availability:
Console(s) of choice:
Ability to record/upload matches:

This allows you to retain anonymity if you want, by posting assuming a timezone different from your own - just make sure you adjust your availability appropriately for the changed timezone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

When we have 4 players with enough crossover in availability, we'll be set. Now for mine, to start.

Times/days available: any day, 2PM - 4AM. Can extend up to 2 hours either side of this with prior warning
Timezone of availability: GMT +12 NZ (southern hemisphere) - my avilability is currently 8PM to 10AM EST (worked out because of FraggedNation 1vs1 ladder)
Console(s) of choice: PS3 (PSN: obliviondoll)
Ability to record/upload matches: No.

gothpunkboy89
01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Times/days available: i have every day but when i can get on varies on what i have to do. if given enough time i could set up to be on specific time
Timezone of availability:Eastern standard time
Console(s) of choice: PS3 (gothpunkboy89 psn name)
Ability to record/upload matches: no web cam is busted

Rainie
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Times/days available: on most weekdays I'm available midnight-2:30am, if I don't have to work at my part-time then 6pm-2:30am. On the weekends I'm available anytime as long as I don't have somewhere I have to go

Timezone: central time or -6 GMT

Console: either one (psn - Rainie or xbox - kriticalraine)

Recording Capabilities: yup yup

UNS0UND
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Times/days available: 8am till 2am Pac
Timezone of availability: Pacific Standard Time
Console of choice: 360 (PSN: Uns0und)

Squiiddish
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't have a constant avaliability, its whenever I'm not at work :/

But I'm always good after midnight Mountain time.

Console of Choice: XBox 360
Ability to record/upload matches: Yep.

Lethalla
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Oblivion, wouldn't it be better to have a full 6 or 8 so as avoid getting randoms who aren't going to give a rat's about testing?
That way eg if you set up a chase you won't have some sod jumping on the target partway through.

I'll help out if I can; you know I'm in Australia so 2 hours behind you (GMT?? Working at the moment so can't check, sorry)
Headset - yes
Recording - no
Availability - usually btw 3 - 6PM Aust time (5 - 7 NZ) and say 8 - 11PM (10 - 1AM NZ) on weekdays, though I've got Tues & Wed off this week so have more flexibility. Same for weekends.
And of course I'm on PS3.

Let me know if you need me.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 04:49 PM
We're 1 player short of a Wanted match on each console now. Didn't expect answers so fast.

We've got Rainie and Squiiddish as possible recorders for 360, and only Rainie on PS3.

Also, once we have info, I'll be posting the findings here (or whoever does the test can if I'm not in it), and making sure we get links to any videos we can get uploaded.

THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW!!!

Yeah...

EDIT: Ninja'd - Lethalla, hi. That gives us 4 players for PS3, but only 1 recording. More players would make people not caring aboutt esting MORE likely to screw things up. Private matches don't count towards anything on the leaderboards, which means anybody joining will be doing so specifically to help with testing, or specifically to grief us - in which case we invited them in last time, just make sure we don't get that person in the match next time.

2nd EDIT: Also, you're GMT + 10.

ABXantos
01-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Times/days available:

My next semester of college starts tomorrow so my school days will vary but I should be available Monday to Thursday after 2:30 or 5:00 if I happen to have homework. Fridays are sure things before 3:00pm (I usually go out after then). Weekends vary if I hang out or not so it depends.

Timezone of availability: Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 8:00)

Console(s) of choice: PS3

Ability to record/upload matches: Yes

I am available now. (Also have mic now)

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Awesome. And now we have 5 people on PS3 and 2 of them with mics.

How many of us are online right now?

I am, ABXantos is... Rainie? gothpunkboy89? You online now? (P.S. Adding you on PSN, goth)

ABXantos
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm setting up my mic and PVR for recording

EscoBlades
01-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Charge vs Charge = Defensive Charge wins.

I tested this out extensively in a Private match a while back.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Now that I'm looking, I don't see Rainie online currently... And goth hasn't answered my friend request yet.

Wouldn't been funny if we got things happening this fast, but I'm guessing probably not...

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I tested this out extensively in a Private match a while back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Got videos?

Because if not, us getting some might help provide the rest of the community with evidence (although, coming from you, it's one of the more reliable sources in the community). May as well test it anyway while we're doing everything else...

ABXantos
01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Also maps to test the chase one are

Castel Gandolfo (From the stairs in the main parlor to the back of the fountain area and can be view from multiple positions)

Venice (has the tent areas in side and back of the map where it can be viewed from the rooftops)

Possibly Monteriggioni (from the gate to the stairs and can be viewed from multiple angles as well).

Rainie
01-23-2011, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Now that I'm looking, I don't see Rainie online currently... And goth hasn't answered my friend request yet.

Wouldn't been funny if we got things happening this fast, but I'm guessing probably not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry I'm at my cousin's right now for her birthday dinner. I'm supposed to play with Squiiddish and Shenmue when I get back but if they're not on I'll hop on the ps3

RangerRico
I'll do it, for the charge, I think we should test all variations of it.
PSN- Dr_Tuff
US Central Time
Available now, on weekends, and from 3:00 to 4:00 on weekdays
I have a mic but no recording equipment

Lethalla
GMT +10... Yeah I remembered that after I posted, but I can't edit on my Blackberry.
I'd like to be able to record but can't yet justify $300-$400 for a DVD recorder.

EscoBlades
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I tested this out extensively in a Private match a while back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Got videos?

Because if not, us getting some might help provide the rest of the community with evidence (although, coming from you, it's one of the more reliable sources in the community). May as well test it anyway while we're doing everything else... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately no. Am getting an HD PVR next month. However, i can get on my PS3 if you wanted to test some stuff out. Like right now. I have a headset too.

edit: I'm already on your friends list Oblivion. I'll be on in a few.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Good call, Xantos.

NPCs would make Monteriggioni and Castel hell to test though.

Any maps with a massive flat rooftop area, so as not to get NPCs in the way?

I haven't been on the rooftops much in Venice, is there a good strip to run across up there for our test? There are a couple of decent, but not great, areas on Rome's rooftops, and you could set a player at each end to watch and see who takes off first, and who jumps from the far end of the building first.

ABXantos
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Go for Rome on the rooftops on the south end of the map.

Long and flat rooftop before you reach the boundary.

fenhin_seiryuu
01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
In my observation, the red triangle appear when the pursuer enter discreet status on their detection meter. Disappear when back to silent.

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 12:03 AM
In my observation today, I recanting my earlier assertation and agreeing with people who said it appears when you drop to discreet - had a pursuer dive off a roof, and another run around the corner, and they were in view for a while before the triangles appeared.

So yeah, I think that one's been cleared up, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Crumplecorn
01-24-2011, 02:43 AM
Times/days available:
Weekdays: 1800-0000 (flexible)
Weekends: Usually 1200-0400, anytime I'm not sleeping basically

Timezone of availability: GMT

Console(s) of choice: PS3 (PSN: Crumplecorn)

Ability to record/upload matches: Yes.

I have a mic too, although my attempts at intelligible communication using it have met with limited success.

tyrce111
01-24-2011, 03:09 AM
If Im on PSN playing brotherhood, you can ask me...

Rainie, can I please have your PSN?
Ide love to have a game with you...

ElliottLam
01-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey Oblivion I can help out too if need be, I've got a mic and if it's urgent i can TRY to set up some recording equipment, no promises though lol

Just send me a PSN message when you need

SmashBrosDude
01-24-2011, 06:16 AM
I can do the first one for sure but not until Wednesday. I'd love to test stuff on Private Wanted

Rainie
01-24-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
If Im on PSN playing brotherhood, you can ask me...

Rainie, can I please have your PSN?
Ide love to have a game with you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My psn is Rainie lol

ABXantos
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Since this week is my first week of the semester I will be available right after 2:30 PST

DannyStrong
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
If you need another...

Times/days available:
Weekdays: 4:30pm - 2am (Not the whole day, but I have flexible afternoons)
Weekends: Varies

Timezone of availability: Eastern (GMT -5)

Console(s) of choice: Xbox 360 (gamertag: DannyStrong)

Has mic: Yes.

Even if you don't need an additional person I'd still be very interested in the results. Are you planning to share your findings with the community?

obliviondoll
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DannyStrong:
Even if you don't need an additional person I'd still be very interested in the results. Are you planning to share your findings with the community? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am indeed.

The reason I want video is so evidence can be provided of the findings.

NerfSmerf
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Well, if you need another PS3...
Times/days available:
Weekdays: 4:30pm - 7:00pm Weekends: pretty much anytime
Timezone of availability: Western Central
Console(s) of choice: PS3 (NerfSmerf)

Has mic: Yes.
And if anyone ever wants to play a game... I'd love to play with people who aren't jumping around on rooftops like a chicken with its head chopped off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gothpunkboy89
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Wouldn't been funny if we got things happening this fast, but I'm guessing probably not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea sorry i get on ps3 at random times and i do have a mic as well. i didn't think that may people would get together that fast either. i usually check on this at least once a day or so usually by 12pm EST. so if you plan something to be done a private message of a time you want to get it done don't have to be exact but a general time and i'll try my best to be on.

WIDOMKR383
01-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Did any conformation videos get produced for the discussed topics here?

ManuVo
01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I have another possible topic suggestion. I'd honestly like to know how much of a difference Silent Hunt makes. Like how much closer can you get to your target while still maintaining incog/silent.

Console: Xbox
Days/Times: Weekdays: 6pm-1am
Weekends: Usually anytime unless im somewhere.

Recording: Yes, not HD PVR, Dazzle (bad).

Headset: yes

Also you can test actually HOW FAR away does your pursuer have to be before you hear whispers. I'd like to know a lot more about the whispers.