PDA

View Full Version : Need help reading stats........

Jumoschwanz
05-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I am missing something looking at my stats for Spits_vs_109s, maybe someone can help this senile old man. According to my stats on their website I:

Was killed in action 89 times
Landed safe 22
Crashed 1 (yea, right)
Bailed out 34
Total = 146

Also it says I flew 148 missions in 109g2,
41 in 190 A-6
18 in He-111
11 in Spit 5b
10 in bf-110
4 in B-25
4 in 109 G-10
3 in G-6Late
2 in Spit9 clip
2 in Beaufigher
Total flown = 243
Minus the 146 accounted for above,
equals = 97 missions not accounted for!

So what am i missing? Do they have a Bermuda Triangle map I have been dissapearing on or what?

I know I have landed safely 22 times in less than one week let alone during the whole period of the stats above, so that is Krap.

I know I have crashed at least once every day I have flown on the server so that stat is Krap too.

Also I know I have shot down a number of poeple two to over a half dozen times, but that does not show up.

I bring this up because I see all kinds of folks saying how accurate the FBD stats are for them, and I wonder why they are not keeping track of what I do at all. If I thought the FBD stats were accurate at all they would be a good tool to see what I was doing right or wrong and maybe helping out sharpening up some of my skills, But with the way FBD is keeping track of what I do online I cannot use them for anything at all.
If it is so easy to see gaping holes in the stats with a quick look, then how many more things are wrong with it that are not easily seen with simple math?
Unless of course I am missing some obvious point, which could be as often I cannot find a pair of socks in a sock drawer full.

Thanks for your input,S!

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz
05-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I am missing something looking at my stats for Spits_vs_109s, maybe someone can help this senile old man. According to my stats on their website I:

Was killed in action 89 times
Landed safe 22
Crashed 1 (yea, right)
Bailed out 34
Total = 146

Also it says I flew 148 missions in 109g2,
41 in 190 A-6
18 in He-111
11 in Spit 5b
10 in bf-110
4 in B-25
4 in 109 G-10
3 in G-6Late
2 in Spit9 clip
2 in Beaufigher
Total flown = 243
Minus the 146 accounted for above,
equals = 97 missions not accounted for!

So what am i missing? Do they have a Bermuda Triangle map I have been dissapearing on or what?

I know I have landed safely 22 times in less than one week let alone during the whole period of the stats above, so that is Krap.

I know I have crashed at least once every day I have flown on the server so that stat is Krap too.

Also I know I have shot down a number of poeple two to over a half dozen times, but that does not show up.

I bring this up because I see all kinds of folks saying how accurate the FBD stats are for them, and I wonder why they are not keeping track of what I do at all. If I thought the FBD stats were accurate at all they would be a good tool to see what I was doing right or wrong and maybe helping out sharpening up some of my skills, But with the way FBD is keeping track of what I do online I cannot use them for anything at all.
If it is so easy to see gaping holes in the stats with a quick look, then how many more things are wrong with it that are not easily seen with simple math?
Unless of course I am missing some obvious point, which could be as often I cannot find a pair of socks in a sock drawer full.

Thanks for your input,S!

Jumoschwanz

AKA_RAVENOUS
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I've noticed a number of inaccuracies as well recently.....

One of the most glaring ones was the time spent on the server... After a week spent on the server (1h -2h per night at most) I apparently logged 160 hours. Aside from that there's no report on players that I have shot multiple times or vice versa. Friendly kills = 0 although I'm guilty of a couple http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

While the time issue has been fixed the other inaccuracies still remain.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
There are a few known bugs (time on server for one). I would suggest going here: http://www.greatergreen.com/scripts/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi and discussing it with the creators. They'll give an answer forthwith.

TB

Hunde_3.JG51
05-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Kills, deaths, bailed out, sorties flown, bombs dropped, ground targets destroyed, friendly kills, static aircraft kills, etc. all work fine for me.

Times landed, names of enemy victims, and times crashed don't seem to work consistently.

Not sure about shots fired and hit.

Lunix
05-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi, Anyone who tells you FBD stats are really accurate has not looked. It stems from the nature of how stats work. Some statistics are gathered from scanning the "chat log" on the server. i.e. "X has landed safely". Well these messages are not allways printed to the chatlog so many stats are under what they should be or in the case of who killed who just not recorded.

Some stats are more accurate and come directly from the game engine such as shots fired etc... Its like Hunde said some are accurate and some are not.

So your not missing anything. Im sorry if it bothers you but we have done the best we can and never asked anything in return. Enjoy the stats because even with the inacuracies they are fun to peruse. Actually I think they help map designers more than pilots but that is neither here nor there.

Jumoschwanz
05-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Well this is not meant to be critical of the FBD software at all. I just simply wanted to know the facts on it's abilities, and what stats from it could be useful for self analysis.
I did not know the creator's of the FBD were the greatergreen crew, thanks guys for your work on this.

So if it is well known and /or documented which stats are not accurate, then maybe this information could be posted somwhere easy to find, or is it? I will check out greatergreen's website.

Again, I have nothing critical to say about anyone who spends their time to give something to the community for free, I just want to know it's quirks if it is possible. S!

Jumoschwanz

Takata_
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
S~ Jumoschwanz
Don't forget map rotations. I never flew this server but I suppose the maps are changing from time to time.
You won't be counted dead, crashed or landed but a new mission will start from this point when map is changed. I noticed that on GreaterGreen with FBD.

Takata

Lunix
05-06-2005, 01:43 AM
haha Sorry if I got a little defensive. The stats that are perfectly accurate are: enemy plane kills, tank, cars etc... and gunstats. Everything else has to be taken with a grain of salt especially sorties and who killed who. Those things which are derived from reading the chat log.

While it has been stressed on many occasions that the stats are not to make people competitive, in fact many design decisions were made to reduce "stat *****s", they are there for your own personal benefit you do bring up a very good point. I suppose entertainment would better describe their use http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I keep an eye on K/D gunstats and the planes I fly most personally. The thing with flying GG is that I will fly the underdog planes on the outnumbered side because I enjoy a challenge but this ends up destroying my stats so I stop looking.

BadBernie and Sammie were the original authors of FBD and I came on board for FBD 2 and FBD Stats. Sammie being the guy for all things greatergreen.

Perhaps we should put up a disclaimer on the stats page indicating which ones you can trust.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-06-2005, 05:53 AM
From the horse's mouth... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif