PDA

View Full Version : X-52...delusion

Fighterduck
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I know I know.....just another X45-52 thread....ehe, sorry fo this.
But i read tons of inforations about the X- series but now i have a question:
I found a X-52, it was otu of the box: i tried to move a little bit the joystick....aaaaarrrgh...terrible! It asn't a real "dead-zone": I mean, i played with logitech joysick since now and they have a real deadzone...if you move the joystick and then you release it, the joystick will quickly return on the middle....the x-52 no...you release it and...boing boing boing....and after a few movement it will be centred....delusion!

So the questio is: does the X-45 have the same "problem"?

thanks

Fighterduck
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I found a X-52, it was otu of the box: i tried to move a little bit the joystick....aaaaarrrgh...terrible! It asn't a real "dead-zone": I mean, i played with logitech joysick since now and they have a real deadzone...if you move the joystick and then you release it, the joystick will quickly return on the middle....the x-52 no...you release it and...boing boing boing....and after a few movement it will be centred....delusion!

thanks

klemlao
05-01-2005, 04:24 AM
I have X45 and apart from some mechanical spring bounce if I were to let go of it, it's fine.

However, you shouldn't pull the stick then let it go. Keep it in your hand. It's a joystick, you're supposed to fly the plane not jab it or jerk it around like a playstation pad.

Happy flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

klem

ps the X52 looks too much like a Star Wars film prop to me. Far too "kiddie" to be taken seriously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Shame because I really rate the Saitek stuff for it's position in the market.

Fighterduck
05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I hope the x45 it's not how the 52....i always meka my "joystick test" before buy one...it's just to see if it has a little bit of resistance...thing that the 52 doesn't have.
So i'll look for something different...mabye the 45.

IcarusXP
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
The X-52 is all adjustable. Take a closer look at it. It has an adjustable grip to fit your hand, tension adjustment for the HOTAS, the ability to lock the twist grip, and a tension adjustment for the center return. Just turn the ring at the base of the stick to tighten or losen the center return spring.

Fighterduck
05-02-2005, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> a tension adjustment for the center return </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...aaaaaaaaaaaaah! So there is one!
I only saw the tension HOTAS adjustment but i didn't know there was also a tension adjustment for the stick!
You save me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'll buy it tomorrow!

thanks!

Te_Vigo
05-02-2005, 07:27 AM
eh?

There be no wormscrew on the ring

there is an adjustor on the throttle

Fighterduck
05-03-2005, 12:28 AM
sigh....so...there is a adjustor for the stick or not?

ATLAS_DEATH
06-14-2005, 12:31 PM
I just picked up a X-52 yesterday... Was thinking of taking the spring off my 45 for the extra tension.. then I read this post and instantly started turning the lower disk... Am I turning it the wrong way or does it only apply 1 gram of extra resistance?

no not again
06-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi! it is a very light stick. A suggestion has been made to put a packer on top of the spring to compress it under normal conditions. Bye

Jetbuff
06-14-2005, 01:19 PM
X45 is a lot more resistive than the X-52. It also has none of that twist stick nonsense - rudder rocker instead. The only disadvantage is that the centering mechanism often "catches" on the first few millimeters of movement and there fore requires constant waxing. Other than that, awesome stick that has lasted me 2 years now.

stathem
06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
If there are any Brits reading this, do you know of a shop chain where I could go to see one of these things in the flesh, as it were? I'm thinking of getting a 52 but am a bit loath to get one online, seems to be my only option at the moment.

JunkoIfurita
06-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Fighterduck - there is no tension adjustment on the stick.

I got a bit worked up when he mentioned it, but then looked down at my stick and no - the ring at the base of the stick is just a ring that slides up and down (it covers the contatcts underneath from dust).

You can put spacers in, to compress the spring and increase the tension (I've done so - using a piece cut out of the lid on a ream of CD-Rs).

But don't buy the stick thinking it has tension adjustment on the stick, or you might be dissapointed. A pity really - the tension adjustment on the throttle is really nice.

----

HauptmannCrunch
06-14-2005, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fighterduck:

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rule #1. Never let go of the controls.

The X-52 Flight Control system translates input comands more acurately then any other "Joy stick" I have tried.

But I could live without it.