PDA

View Full Version : Will the "new exe" be back?? It had better performance...

mortoma
02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I was very happy with the so-called 'new exe' when we had it. I could not run in OpenGL but I never ran that anyway. All I know is I got less stutters and could be in a large battle with lots of planes and flak/AAA going on and I didn't get slideshows like I do now or at least not nearly as bad. The game runs worse for me in these last two patches than it ever did. They should bring it back and improve it so OpenGL can run well. I miss the fast game loadd times too. Do you guys think it will be back?? I hope they did not give up on it.

carguy_
02-05-2005, 06:49 PM
You didn`t try separating the file from previous patches and using it with 3.04,did you?

AFAIK Oleg gave the file to us before the 3.02 patch and it worked with 3.01 I think.

mortoma
02-06-2005, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
You didn`t try separating the file from previous patches and using it with 3.04,did you?

AFAIK Oleg gave the file to us before the 3.02 patch and it worked with 3.01 I think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes I tried it but it doesn't work with the last two patches. It only worked with one or two patches a while back. Thing is, it was such a God-send for those of us with older machines I'd think they'd bring it back. Never before or since have I been able to run so smoothly with the settings I use. My game runs kind of clunky now.

Call_me_Kanno
02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I'll second the recommendation of what mortoma said. I loved the fast load times and it also ran great for me too.

SKULLS_Exec01
02-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Yep, I'll third it also!!! Bump

mortoma
02-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your support. Has anybody tried to start a campaign on the Finnish/Leningrad maps since they came out with the latest patches?? I tried starting a career flying the P-40C for the Soviet side and the stutters are terrible when I used to get smooth gameplay in AEP before PF came out. I don't know how a career would have played on that map with the 'new' exe because I never tried it, but I suspect it would have been smooth.
I now get a big stutter about every 5 to ten seconds and sometimes the voices stutter/echo really bad. For example if a AI yelled "Starting the attack run." it might sound like "Starting the attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack rrrrrrrrrrun" or something like that.
I attached another hard drive that I have with an identical install of Windows on but instead of merged AEP+PF, I have stand-alone PF and AEP v2.04 on it. I went in and started a career flying Laggs for the Soviets on the same map and I got no stutter at all. And my Nvidia and game settings are all exactly alike with the same version of DX and everything. This proves that the stutter I get is something to do with the game not running as well any more.

Capt._Tenneal
02-07-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm with mortoma too. The il2_new.exe was a big help on my FPS.

Just stating my piece, this is not a "I wanna have it back now !" demand. Hopefully it makes it back in the future. (Yeah, this disclaimer is for the benefit of those who inevitably chime in with "Ungrateful sod ! You better be happy Oleg still gives you excellent support. He could easily walk away from all this. Now I know why he doesn't go to the forums all that much anymore.. <blah blah blah>")