PDA

View Full Version : Am I too sensitive?

JV44_Wubke
02-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe this is just me but I'll throw it out there. Since the original IL2 came out, I had been playing on an old writing desk that was built into the wall of the apartment my wife and I were renting. Well we recently finished building a house and I was forced to get a new computer desk. Now I'm all screwed up, I cant get comfortable and just don't feel "right" My old desk was ergonomicaly pretty poor to say the least, but it just fit. I feel so awkward that I haven't felt like playing online cause I feel I'll be a liability to my team mates. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just touched?

reddevil49
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
No I don't think so. Its like an old comfy chair or your favorite t shirt you just get attached to it. Sure the desk is new but its just not the same. Thats my take on it.

ImpStarDuece
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Consider your new set up like a pilot would consider a new cockpit. Its something that is unfamiliar at first, needs a bit of getting used to and has its own quirks. However, once you get used to it its still the 'office'.

My advice; switch to a new ride while your adjusting to your new sourroundings. Nothing like shaking up your stick time with something you never usually fly. Jump into a Gladiator campaign, try the IAR 81 or take the G.50 for a spin!

horseback
02-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Happens all the time to me. I often go on business trips & take my desktop and controllers with me (as long as I'm not taking a plane, it isn't a problem). Unless the desk in the hotel room is exactly the same as the one I use at home, I am all screwed up and it takes me a good evening of QMBs to get my 'touch' back. If I know the hotel desk is totally unsuitable, I've been known to bring along a wooden TV tray to act as my controller platform.

cheers

horseback

Amon26
02-28-2005, 07:09 PM
it was like that time when I had my computer set up in a walk-in closet. Every time I used the computer I felt like I was in a photo booth or something.

Slick750
02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I hate your new desk http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Loki-PF
02-28-2005, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by horseback:
Happens all the time to me. I often go on business trips & take my desktop and controllers with me (as long as I'm not taking a plane, it isn't a problem). Unless the desk in the hotel room is exactly the same as the one I use at home, I am all screwed up and it takes me a good evening of QMBs to get my 'touch' back. If I know the hotel desk is _totally_ unsuitable, I've been known to bring along a wooden TV tray to act as my controller platform.

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL HorseBack!! I thought I was the only one that did that! I even kept my original box's for my rudder peddals and my Saitek to make the roadtrip as safe as possible! I even bring an extra monitor to leave at the hotel, so I don't have to haul one back and forth from the customer sight. I do have to haul my workstation though, but this helps with that!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Linkety-link (http://www.xbags.com/ctss.html)

heywooood
02-28-2005, 08:23 PM
...I believe that boys cheese done slid off his cracker.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Take it easy, Red3...you dont want to be riding the short bus to school.

horseback
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Loki-

I kept the boxes for my LCD moniter, quad speakers and computer case as well as the boxes for my CH Products rig for safer traveling. You can imagine the looks I get when I start hauling all that stuff through the hotel lobby. Lots of naked envy from the married males, lots of mencing glares from their Significant Others...

cheers

horseback

VF51_Flatspin
02-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I think it's time you built a cockpit Wubke!

Loki-PF
03-01-2005, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by horseback:
Loki-

I kept the boxes for my LCD moniter, quad speakers and computer case as well as the boxes for my CH Products rig for safer traveling. You can imagine the looks I get when I start hauling all that stuff through the hotel lobby. Lots of naked envy from the married males, lots of mencing glares from their Significant Others...

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horseback,

I'm one of those "married" guys and I do try to bring my wife with whenever possible, especially when I'm going somewhere fun. Many times however I'm onsite for an extended period of time and it's not practical to haul the whole fam with. On those occasions that I'm batching it, she is more than happy that I haul all my **** with. I'm sure she'd rather have me in my room turning and burning than down in the lobby bar killing time!