PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to re-key the sim?

Skoold
08-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I have a bunch of the user defined keys set, but I need to program them into the sim. Is there a way to do it without starting the sim so I can cross-reference them on my computer excel sheet?

(I can't help but wonder why they didn't make the key settings rather than giving us "user defined")

Skoold
08-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I have a bunch of the user defined keys set, but I need to program them into the sim. Is there a way to do it without starting the sim so I can cross-reference them on my computer excel sheet?

(I can't help but wonder why they didn't make the key settings rather than giving us "user defined")

JunkoIfurita
08-19-2005, 02:43 AM
You should have a 'default.ini' file in your 'Users' folder inside your game folder. If you open that in notepad, you'll notice that all the key definitions are listed there.

When you put your custom key definitions into this file, then every time you create a new user profile, you'll start with this default key mapping. Quite handy really.

Consequently, the keymappings for a profile that's already been created are in 'settings.ini' under the folder named after said pilot (inside Users). You can modify this likewise.

No need to enter the game to map keys.

----