PDA

View Full Version : AC2: Framerate dips/screen-tearing is reallly distracting

mooogleboi
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Got my PS3 copy of Assassin's Creed 2 today which allowed me to assess how the game plays in person.

So I thought I'd go rooftop jumping to see how the game-engine handles things and you can see the framerate dipping. The screen-tearing was also noticeable as soon as the game started.

Its such an amazing game, and this is such as disappointment. Many people were hopeful that Ubisoft would/will sort this out. So this is why I'm posting.

Will we be seeing a patch to alleviate the screen-tearing problems that are three times worse than the 360 version, and fix the framerate dips?

If not, I'm tempted to return the game as a faulty good, as constant screen-tearing and framerate issues really shouldn't be acceptable.

mooogleboi
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Got my PS3 copy of Assassin's Creed 2 today which allowed me to assess how the game plays in person.

So I thought I'd go rooftop jumping to see how the game-engine handles things and you can see the framerate dipping. The screen-tearing was also noticeable as soon as the game started.

Its such an amazing game, and this is such as disappointment. Many people were hopeful that Ubisoft would/will sort this out. So this is why I'm posting.

Will we be seeing a patch to alleviate the screen-tearing problems that are three times worse than the 360 version, and fix the framerate dips?

If not, I'm tempted to return the game as a faulty good, as constant screen-tearing and framerate issues really shouldn't be acceptable.

kleaneasy
11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please post your thoughts in the feedback thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/7321087408), it helps us to track the scale of issues and ensure no ones comments are missed. Thanks