PDA

View Full Version : Eagle vision (Spoilers)

jimbo11235813
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
This has probably been discussed, but a search would be too vague imo.
Firstly, is Eagle vision an unusual non-human 'power' that Ezio or Altair have, or is it just a talent of knowing who to trust and being observant of their surroundings? (At first I thought it was a talent which the animus used displayed as colours to help Desmond with this, but then come along the 'ones that came before' in AC2)

Also, is it passed on down the generations and who gets it if its not? I ask this because when Ezio talks to his father when he's in prison, Giovanni says something like "Use your talents to find the secret door." But also one of the developers said that Ezio "has a very strange talent that his father is aware of which iis the Eagle vision from the first game." This to me suggests that Giovanni only found this out about Ezio later in Ezio's life.

jimbo11235813
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
This has probably been discussed, but a search would be too vague imo.
Firstly, is Eagle vision an unusual non-human 'power' that Ezio or Altair have, or is it just a talent of knowing who to trust and being observant of their surroundings? (At first I thought it was a talent which the animus used displayed as colours to help Desmond with this, but then come along the 'ones that came before' in AC2)

Also, is it passed on down the generations and who gets it if its not? I ask this because when Ezio talks to his father when he's in prison, Giovanni says something like "Use your talents to find the secret door." But also one of the developers said that Ezio "has a very strange talent that his father is aware of which iis the Eagle vision from the first game." This to me suggests that Giovanni only found this out about Ezio later in Ezio's life.

warsow7
12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't think it's an Animus related thing, because ***OLD SPOILER*** Desmond has it at the end of AC1 after exiting the Animus. I think it's just a good way for a video game to represent a heightened sense of awareness. That, and the fact that the names Altair and Ezio both translate roughly into "eagle" or "the flying one."

DarkAutocon
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
im sure Eagle vision is a power which assassins have as *spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the assassins are supposed to be decendants from adam and eve, who are offspring from the humans and the "ones that came before", so they have a power from there epic family tree :P </span>*spoiler* thats what i fink n e ways!

TheEpicWolf
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Did Desmond get eagle vision from Altair, or is it like Altair and Ezio both getting it because it's a genetic thing. And if Desmond didn't get it himself, why not ?
Considering he is related to Altair and Ezio.
Sorry if this is a stupid question

warsow7
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I believe Desmond got Eagle Vision through the bleeding effect - acquiring the traits of the ancestors whose lives he has relived. If you haven't reached it already, keep playing AC2 and you'll see.

Because Desmond had to be an descendant of Altair and Ezio to access them via the Animus, being related is also mandatory.

DarkAutocon
12-10-2009, 12:08 PM
i fink desmond didnt get it beacause like other things like diseases or how tall or small u are (i think so n e way, lol) it can skip generations and stuff

jimbo11235813
12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about the Desmond getting it. (About to get scientifical) The thing is that things skip generations because its on the X chromosomes (men have XY, women have XX) and Ezio (being a man) got Y from Giovanni and the X from the mother (so it can't be on the X as it's Giovanni's family who were assassins and Giovanni can't give Ezio an X). If it was on the Y (unlikely as its mostly a useless chromosome), then Giovanni would have Eagle Vision (but as I said above, it doesn't sound like he has it.)

(If you got lost with that then its best to stop reading this post) Another way it can skip a generation is if both the Father and mother had the 'Eagle Vision gene', but as chromosome come in pairs, so do allelles (sp?). But as the father didn't have Eagle Vision, then it would have been recessive (lets call them E=Normal vision, and e=Eagle Vision). So, Giovanni would need Ee and so would be the Mother if Ezio were to get Eagle Vision (ee as it would be a recessive trait.)
This isn't as unbeliveable as it sounds seeing as everyone you meet seems to be an assassin, so Ezio's mother could be related to Altair as well (still very unlikely, but seems to be the only reason)

There are probably other explanations, but I'm not a geneticist.

Sorry for a long and probably boring post. When's genetics ever interesting? Thats what I'm asking myself at every Genetics Lecture (only 2 lectures left http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif).

I guess the only thing to say is that it's just a game and that their science may be different when looks at humans crossed with 'those who came before'.

Zerban_da_Great
12-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure it's a representation of a heightened state of awareness considering, you know, *spoilers* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond can see blood after it's been washed away and fingerprints, CSI style.</span> *spoilers*

Crash_Plague
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zerban_da_Great:
I'm not sure it's a representation of a heightened state of awareness considering, you know, *spoilers* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond can see blood after it's been washed away and fingerprints, CSI style.</span> *spoilers* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I questioned during that scene though with the fingerprints.

Does Desmond see the fingerprints of a templar, or the bloody fingerprints of say...sixteen trying to escape?

Zerban_da_Great
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zerban_da_Great:
I'm not sure it's a representation of a heightened state of awareness considering, you know, *spoilers* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond can see blood after it's been washed away and fingerprints, CSI style.</span> *spoilers* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't seem likely that it was 16 trying to escape unless he knew the exact combination. Plus the marks were fingerprint-shaped.

Does Desmond see the fingerprints of a templar, or the bloody fingerprints of say...sixteen trying to escape? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Spmething just came to mind
Didnt in the developer diary, one of the developers say we find out how he gets eagle vision or something? I didnt find it? Anyone no how he gets it?

Crash_Plague
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Spmething just came to mind
Didnt in the developer diary, one of the developers say we find out how he gets eagle vision or something? I didnt find it? Anyone no how he gets it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Do you know why we have these abilities? Do you know why we have these gifts? Because it's in our blood!"

quoth Subject Sixteen.

Well not exactly, but fairly close paraphrase I'd say.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Is their any way to find a website which shows me all the glyphs and what Subject 16 says in them?

Crash_Plague
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Is their any way to find a website which shows me all the glyphs and what Subject 16 says in them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game JUST came out.

If you wanna know what he says in the glyphs just replay the game.

Edengoth
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:

Does Desmond see the fingerprints of a templar, or the bloody fingerprints of say...sixteen trying to escape? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif at the fact that those were the ONLY fingerprints on the keypad. Like no one had ever messed up pressing in the code, or the code had never been different before...wait, Lucy tried a different code just before Desmond went into Eagle Vision...why didn't we see HER fingerprints. Hahaha.

caswallawn_2k7
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why didn't we see HER fingerprints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
because the numbers on the pad had been marked with blood by some1?

Edengoth
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, didn't know it had to be blood.

caswallawn_2k7
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
well it was blood traces he picked up on the walls from subject 16, so it would make more sense.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 02:57 PM
So your saying subject 16 could well be alive? or was it just an attempt to escape

bigdan0189
12-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I think the Eagle vision along with the other abilities are genetic. Because of the fact they said it was in Ezio's blood lol. But they DON'T explain the bleeding effect.

The question isn't how their bloodline has these abilities. The question is how they've learned them. It is in their blood but as we saw with Desmond and Ezio, they must be learned. There has to be a trigger. Desmond knows how to use eagle vision because he was trained in the Animus. So naturally Ezio was able to learn it because it is in his blood.

A truly unique storyline. Good work Ubisoft.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Well if it is in their blood why dont Fedrico, Giovanni,Pertuccio Claudia or ezio mother have it?

caswallawn_2k7
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
for a start assuming it comes from Altiars bloodline only 1 parent would need to have the gene and if both had it that could lead to the red neck problem (if you know what I mean) but as for them not having the ability it's the same as Desmond did not have it until he interacted with Altiars memories, meaning it is probably a dormant gene/ability with some people in the line it will activate with others it wont, or in the case of Desmond an event could trigger an awareness of the ability and how to access it.

all the people in the line will of probably had the ability, but without understanding of how they trigger/use it we cant know if it is something in their brain activating allowing them to go into a trance like state giving the info they see. as it could be in all their brains they just never learn/gain the ability to access it.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Do you "ones who came before" had this ability since they said our minds were not ready, or perhaps..never ready, but maybve Altair, Ezio, etc etc, DID have enlightened minds, coz it is in their blood

caswallawn_2k7
12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
exactly so it could be a mental process that only certain people have the ability for, but by Desmond syncing up memories of Altiar and Ezio it could allow him to think like them and access the ability, as you have to assume Ezio could use it at a higher level than Altiar, as Ezio didn't have limited use, he could run round with it and use it indefinitely, were Altiar seemed to have a limited use time and could only use it while static.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
So its more or less the people who have Eagle vision, are "chosen ones" yes it is a bad way to put it

G0dsHolyMember
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Was it just me, *SPOILERS* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">or were you guys a little disappointed with the ending about the solar flares cooking the earth again and the Templars being too hell-bent on power and control grabbing to notice or care? I was really getting into the whole ancient advanced culture thing, the historical tie-ins with Ford, Tesla, Edison, Hitler, etc. and the Adam and Eve Truth videos. The save the world apocolypse thing is just a little over-played </span>*SPOILERS*