PDA

View Full Version : JIN Carriers and bombs, no fire no smoke no oil

MiszaNC
12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
I have just finished one mission with my SBD, I put one 1600 lb bomb direct into the JIN carrier, big BOOM and then.. nothing even a cigaret smoke!
Are the 1600 bombs so weak or carriers are so strong with direct hit? Do you know anything about carriers damage model? Does AA could be destroyed on carriers? The other carrier was sank and there was no smoke, no oil nothing! I have to say, that it was much better modelled in CFS2 with all of these aditional effects of smoke, fire and oil.

Mjollnir111675
12-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Wait fer the introduction of the torp planes to open that can o' worms!! That along with evasive HISTORICAL fleet maneuvering(not the tug boats we have now),LST's,waves of lct's for a kick @ss marine invasion scenarioalong with radio chatter requesting support therefrom, some fleet oilers(nuthin would break up my mission than stumbling on a Jap replen in the woiks),random surfacing submarines,donning of an oxygen mask and the human physiological factor thereof,volumetric weather etc. etc.etc..... Its all comin with BoB and its new engine!!

H3ll ppl cant even get this engine to run perfect all the time in every situation.And they say this injun has seen its last days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Give it time...

MiszaNC
12-04-2004, 05:48 PM
OK will wait and we 'll see.
However I think it is not too complicated to have a fire and smoke after hiting with heavy bomb, haven't it? I would appreciate it and a few important planes (like Devastator, Kate, Helldiver) much better than having tons of AI airplanes that had no importance during WW2.

panthercules
12-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Yeah - it is somewhat disappointing to see the carriers cruising on apparently unscathed even when you've blasted them with your SBD dead on target.

It is a shame that the PF team couldn't have somehow gotten together with the team from Silent Hunter (also at UBI, and THE BEST submarine simulator ever made - cannot wait for SH-3 to come out next spring!) to do the ship damage modelling - now that would be a combination to drool over as far as watching those carriers die http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ptegomerpyle
12-04-2004, 10:40 PM
A couple of tiny tims take out carriers, and there only a 500lb semi armour piercing bomb welded onto the front of oil well pipe tubing (same diameter as bomb, 11.75inches) and a rocket up there back end.

MiszaNC
12-05-2004, 02:21 PM
That is amazing for me to put so much attantion to cockpit details (which is OK) and pay almost no attention for ships damage model! So far that is the GREATES BUG of the hame for me.

Mjollnir111675
12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
See though that is the problem.Before even in the E.T>O., ship presence wasn't half of what it was in the P.T.O(excluding u-boots but considering both the ami and jap subs I'd say this is paralel.)and that explains the past exclusion of the ship details.
It is a hateful formul;a to have to bring full d.m.'s to both a/c AND various ships @ the same time.But I just started a thread on torp planes that covers alot more than this. These planes bring alot more to the forefront than just f.m.'s and d.m.'s fer a/c. Add to this the interaction level between planes and ships than was there in fb/aep and you'll see its been multi'd in spades. The median altitude level alone fer these during combat would syrprise almost everyone.
Oh yeah can we get the main turrets ahem TURRETS on the carriers to swivel and fire????They did have H.E> fer these turrets!