PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen

AznKamiKazeKid
07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I just reinsalled FB+AEP+PF patched up to 4.04m since i got my new laptop, but i realized it does't support widescreen. Now i know this probably has been done to death but has anyone got it to the correct ratio? (1.6). I don't see why some game/sims won't support widescreens, they never factor in those people? This is the same for Silent Hunter III.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I just reinsalled FB+AEP+PF patched up to 4.04m since i got my new laptop, but i realized it does't support widescreen. Now i know this probably has been done to death but has anyone got it to the correct ratio? (1.6). I don't see why some game/sims won't support widescreens, they never factor in those people? This is the same for Silent Hunter III.

MonkeyHero
07-04-2006, 11:21 AM
In conf.ini you can manually put the correct resolution in the 'width=' and 'height=' lines right at the top. Then look a few lines below for 'SaveAspect=1' and change that to 'SaveAspect=0'.

The menu screens will still still be in the 4:3 aspect, but once in flight you'll have widescreen. Take note though, all the game really does is cut off a small portion of the top and bottom of the screen instead of adding extra view to the sides. It's not a big deal imo, and all the onscreen messages, map, etc. are correctly positioned.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
thank you! You are really a monkeyhero, minus the monkey part. Does anyone have an X-52 profile?

HitchHikerHSDWG
07-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I do but it doesnt utilize every mode and button.............. yet!

EDIT: The one mode I do have covers most of the hands on features you need though.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
It's cool, I will still like to have it, it will give me a general idea of what keys to use when i make my profile.

Also, what are the must-have mods out there for this sim?