PDA

View Full Version : The Sound is Worst part of SH111

Poacher886a
07-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Yep,Now i know the torps,explotions and even the uboat sounds great,its not so much the actual sound's(with the exception of the awfull aircraft)..

Its the fact the dev team have'nt realised volume control!!
The sound of aircraft,ships etc is ON or OFF,the noise should be gradule and sound completely muffled and different under water,or looking through a periscope!!

God if a ship is passing you overhead,there is only FULL ON sound in one direction if i spin round,even with my 5.1's there is nothing behind me!!!

It feels as though im in the ship with the full on sound,even though it could be 700m away!!
The aircraft are the same aswell,you don't here them coming graduley there is either an aircraft sound or not,and it sounds exactly the same if you are under water!!

If you look at a aircraft through a periscope it sound the same as if you were on the bridge on the surface!! and if you turn the periscope to one side ie.not looking at it the sound is gone!

This imho is the most needed thing to be sorted as it is ruining the imeresive factor.

Poacher886a
07-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Yep,Now i know the torps,explotions and even the uboat sounds great,its not so much the actual sound's(with the exception of the awfull aircraft)..

Its the fact the dev team have'nt realised volume control!!
The sound of aircraft,ships etc is ON or OFF,the noise should be gradule and sound completely muffled and different under water,or looking through a periscope!!

God if a ship is passing you overhead,there is only FULL ON sound in one direction if i spin round,even with my 5.1's there is nothing behind me!!!

It feels as though im in the ship with the full on sound,even though it could be 700m away!!
The aircraft are the same aswell,you don't here them coming graduley there is either an aircraft sound or not,and it sounds exactly the same if you are under water!!

If you look at a aircraft through a periscope it sound the same as if you were on the bridge on the surface!! and if you turn the periscope to one side ie.not looking at it the sound is gone!

This imho is the most needed thing to be sorted as it is ruining the imeresive factor.

DasPhillips
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I dont have this problem. O_O

When I was trying to sneak into port, gradual changes in volume aided me avoid the security. I'm not sure about the planes though, since I'm never on the surface long enough to hear them approach.

AVGWarhawk
07-04-2005, 08:24 AM
You are right about the planes. They are awful. As for the rest of the sounds. I like them.

"Death, lurks invisible, silent, always."

Capt.LoneRanger
07-04-2005, 08:24 AM
?

Maybe you should reinstall your audio drivers or get a real audiocard? My Audigy2 makes this gamesound really thrilling. Sounds in SH3 is one of the best parts ingame.