PDA

View Full Version : AC2 is translated and locked

monkeymonkey711
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey guys,

first of all, does the Ubisoft mods here pass on information to the devs?

I live in Norway and got my copy of AC2 today, and to be honest I am slightly tickled by the following.

In my copy of the game, Ubisoft have translated

- The menus
- The animus
- The subtitles to the game dialogue, etc.

This is great, and I'm sure lots of people will find it useful. But my problem is that you can't change the language and play the game with an English animus.

It breaks the fourth wall when the game ITSELF is translated. Why are they looking at a Norwegian interface in the animus?

I assume this goes for many other countries, and I assume that many people won't be too happy about it.

I ALSO assume that it wouldn't be too much work to release a patch that gives you the option of having a completely English interface.

I have only played 5 minutes of it, so I'm not prepared to say anything about the game. Looks brilliant though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

monkeymonkey711
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey guys,

first of all, does the Ubisoft mods here pass on information to the devs?

I live in Norway and got my copy of AC2 today, and to be honest I am slightly tickled by the following.

In my copy of the game, Ubisoft have translated

- The menus
- The animus
- The subtitles to the game dialogue, etc.

This is great, and I'm sure lots of people will find it useful. But my problem is that you can't change the language and play the game with an English animus.

It breaks the fourth wall when the game ITSELF is translated. Why are they looking at a Norwegian interface in the animus?

I assume this goes for many other countries, and I assume that many people won't be too happy about it.

I ALSO assume that it wouldn't be too much work to release a patch that gives you the option of having a completely English interface.

I have only played 5 minutes of it, so I'm not prepared to say anything about the game. Looks brilliant though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

monkeymonkey711
11-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh, apparently you have to change your system settings.

I guess it still stands though, it would be better to change it in the game than having to change the system settings.

Hopefully some other people will find this thread useful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers

TyronLeRoy
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">people will find it useful. But my problem is that you can't change the language and play the game with an English animus.

I have only played 5 minutes of it, so I'm not prepared to say anything about the game. Looks brilliant though Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change system settings; Locale to UK.
Tadaa, english.