PDA

View Full Version : To the people worried or complaining about Altairs voice.

RzaRecta357
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
So there's no american accent. Oh well.

He'll still sound amazing and awesome.

Go play AC2 at the beginning. Ezio was 17 and sounds like a boy. In the video we just watched, Altair is still like an 18 year old boy also.

His face and his voice will look more like Desmond as we get the seals unless they pulp fiction the seals up.

RzaRecta357
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
So there's no american accent. Oh well.

He'll still sound amazing and awesome.

Go play AC2 at the beginning. Ezio was 17 and sounds like a boy. In the video we just watched, Altair is still like an 18 year old boy also.

His face and his voice will look more like Desmond as we get the seals unless they pulp fiction the seals up.

ThaWhistle
08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm still gonna complain. I flat out don't like it.

Calvarok
08-18-2011, 10:00 PM
His face is going to be pretty much the same till he gets past the AC1 stage. Ezio, Altair, and Desmond all have unique facial models in this game.

Pitalla
08-19-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah, Altair had the same facial design as Desmon in AC.

This voice it's just fine but I prefer the original one as we already identify him with it.

souNdwAve89
08-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Besides the age thing, I thought that the reason why Altair has an accent is that this is his real voice. The Animus is not a perfect machine, but it is damn good and powerful. We all know that in AC2, Rebecca said that the Animus that the Assassins use is the Animus 2.0 and is updated and better than Abstergo, but it has some problems. One of the problems is that language translation, which is why some of the characters speak in English with some Italian.

In this case, Ezio picks up one of the Seals of Altair, which I think is the true representation of Altair's past, which is why we hear an accent when he speaks. Of course, this is just my theory and the age aspect is still a strong possibility.

roostersrule2
08-19-2011, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Besides the age thing, I thought that the reason why Altair has an accent is that this is his real voice. The Animus is not a perfect machine, but it is damn good and powerful. We all know that in AC2, Rebecca said that the Animus that the Assassins use is the Animus 2.0 and is updated and better than Abstergo, but it has some problems. One of the problems is that language translation, which is why some of the characters speak in English with some Italian.

In this case, Ezio picks up one of the Seals of Altair, which I think is the true representation of Altair's past, which is why we hear an accent when he speaks. Of course, this is just my theory and the age aspect is still a strong possibility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yea that's the theory that i think it is because it makes sense because ubisoft went with a american accent for AC1 on purpose

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 03:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

In this case, Ezio picks up one of the Seals of Altair, which I think is the true representation of Altair's past, which is why we hear an accent when he speaks. Of course, this is just my theory and the age aspect is still a strong possibility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yea that's the theory that i think it is because it makes sense because ubisoft went with a american accent for AC1 on purpose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They went for it because they thought it would be more relatable, but the fans said that it ruined the immersion, which is why they gave Ezio an accent, and then let the Altair voice actor speak with his native accent.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

In this case, Ezio picks up one of the Seals of Altair, which I think is the true representation of Altair's past, which is why we hear an accent when he speaks. Of course, this is just my theory and the age aspect is still a strong possibility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yea that's the theory that i think it is because it makes sense because ubisoft went with a american accent for AC1 on purpose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They went for it because they thought it would be more relatable, but the fans said that it ruined the immersion, which is why they gave Ezio an accent, and then let the Altair voice actor speak with his native accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That does make more sense.

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:17 AM
They should let Al-Mualim's voice actor speak with his native accent. I would ****ing laugh at you all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

(because he's British)

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
They should let Al-Mualim's voice actor speak with his native accent. I would ****ing laugh at you all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

(because he's British) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly! xD
He's a great voice actor though.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 04:27 AM
He does a good arabic accent. Doesn't feel forced like Altair's American one did.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
He does a good arabic accent. Doesn't feel forced like Altair's American one did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I also found it strange how people judged Alta´r's accent in AC1 when he was able to pronounce the Arabic so well.

itsamea-mario
08-19-2011, 04:44 AM
Think how ezio's voice changed over his life.
I'm sure altairs will mature and hopefully become more epic.

blazefp
08-19-2011, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

(because he's British) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly! xD
He's a great voice actor though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say I didn't know he was British and I had no reasons to know that. I actually impressed.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
I must say I didn't know he was British and I had no reasons to know that. I actually impressed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, he's really that good. Btw, if you pay close attention, you can hear him voice some generic characters in ACII and ACB.

blazefp
08-19-2011, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
I must say I didn't know he was British and I had no reasons to know that. I actually impressed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, he's really that good. Btw, if you pay close attention, you can hear him voice some generic characters in ACII and ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to do that but I couldn't find anyone, just some civilians that looked like Malik and and the bureau leader of some city in ACI with exactly the same voice of Leonardo Da'Vinci

xangie1
08-19-2011, 05:07 AM
I love this change in his voice!

Alta´r finally starts to sound the way he's supposed to. And the acting seems better, too (wierd that's the same guy ^^).

I always had some difficulties to have a connection to Alta´r because he didn't show any emotions at all.

The dialogue from ACI seemed crappy after my first play until I read a lot of quotes, especially from Alta´r, and realised how well written everything was.
When I played the game for a second time I was disappointed how liveless the actor handled his lines. That wasn't acting. No emotions, no pauses, he just reads. It might fit the first part in the game where he's an arrogant, impatient and unfriendly guy, but as soon as he starts to doubt his actions and turns to be less arrogant his voice did not go along with the developpements of his character. And on top of that he was the only one in the entire game with that unfitting american accent. No wonder Ezio got all the fame XD. Ezio's alive, full of emotions and actually feels Italian. (despite him having way less character developpment than Alta´r in ACI. Alta´r is still a way deeper character than Ezio but his emotionless way really kept me from liking him throughout the first play)

So I really like the "new" Alta´r. He's more like the one I had in mind while reading the quotes of ACI and the Codex in AC2. He's an assassin but above everything else he's still human and not some emotionless killing machine.

Having him voiced again by the same actor makes this even better. The voice remains, only his accent changes and the actor seems to actually act now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SixKeys
08-19-2011, 05:08 AM
I tried to do that but I couldn't find anyone, just some civilians that looked like Malik and and the bureau leader of some city in ACI with exactly the same voice of Leonardo Da'Vinci </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy crap, how did I never notice that before? (About Leonardo's voice) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

RzaRecta357
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
His face is still Desmonds.

It doesn`t look quite the same yet because he`s younger than Desmond. Ezio didn`t look much like Desmond until he was going to venice too.

Ezio looks like Desmond, but is wrinkled and has a giant beard.

The difference is the same difference that MGS2 and MGS4 have.....He looks the same but the graphics are updated and he`s old now so he almost looks nothing alike.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
His face is still Desmonds.

It doesn`t look quite the same yet because he`s younger than Desmond. Ezio didn`t look much like Desmond until he was going to venice too.

Ezio looks like Desmond, but is wrinkled and has a giant beard.

The difference is the same difference that MGS2 and MGS4 have.....He looks the same but the graphics are updated and he`s old now so he almost looks nothing alike. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. From what I've been able to see they still look quite a lot alike.

Dagio12
08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't have a problem with his "new" voice.. if thats what you want to call it. To me, its actually great detail work from ubisoft. They actual have a more realistic accent.

I think it could be one of two things.. or a mix of both..

a)It seems as tho the series is going with the idea that the animus imprints certain aspects of the person in the animus (Desmond) onto the ancestor being portrayed. If this is true, then this makes sense. Altair is not really being viewed by Desmond via the Animus, but is being viewed by Ezio via the artifacts. The artifacts are more authentic imprints of memories not being controlled by anyone, therefore, we are viewing Altair as he ACTUALLY was,looked, and sounded.

b) It could be that better and improved graphics have enabled Ubisoft to make for better detail to his face and set out for a more realistic accent because of the backlash that Altair recieved in AC1 because of his out-of-place American accent.
- perhaps animus 1.0 wasn't able to recreate accents of the ancestors because they are being relived by someone else, and Animus 2.0 was upgraded to do so.. as we see with Ezio and his Italien accent.. idk.

In anycase it seems like they try to please people, but its never good enough. People didnt like the American accent, but now.. they want it back?? I'd hate to be a game developer these days. Im starting to think that most people just don't know what they even want and its much easier to just complain.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
I don't have a problem with his "new" voice.. if thats what you want to call it. To me, its actually great detail work from ubisoft. They actual have a more realistic accent.

I think it could be one of two things.. or a mix of both..

a)It seems as tho the series is going with the idea that the animus imprints certain aspects of the person in the animus (Desmond) onto the ancestor being portrayed. If this is true, then this makes sense. Altair is not really being viewed by Desmond via the Animus, but is being viewed by Ezio via the artifacts. The artifacts are more authentic imprints of memories not being controlled by anyone, therefore, we are viewing Altair as he ACTUALLY was,looked, and sounded.

b) It could be that better and improved graphics have enabled Ubisoft to make for better detail to his face and set out for a more realistic accent because of the backlash that Altair recieved in AC1 because of his out-of-place American accent.
- perhaps animus 1.0 wasn't able to recreate accents of the ancestors because they are being relived by someone else, and Animus 2.0 was upgraded to do so.. as we see with Ezio and his Italien accent.. idk.

In anycase it seems like they try to please people, but its never good enough. People didnt like the American accent, but now.. they want it back?? I'd hate to be a game developer these days. Im starting to think that most people just don't know what they even want and its much easier to just complain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. Especially that last bit.