PDA

View Full Version : multi engine trouble

dontshootme2006
04-19-2006, 02:06 PM
OK, I've assigned keys to select left and right engine. I'm starting my p38, I select left engine, start. The engine starts, now I select right engine, start...and the left engine shuts off! Same thing when trying to feather one engine on my battle weary lightning, select left engine, pitch 0, and the right engine feathers!!
Any advice?

dontshootme2006
04-19-2006, 02:06 PM
OK, I've assigned keys to select left and right engine. I'm starting my p38, I select left engine, start. The engine starts, now I select right engine, start...and the left engine shuts off! Same thing when trying to feather one engine on my battle weary lightning, select left engine, pitch 0, and the right engine feathers!!
Any advice?

Dean3238
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Is Complex Engine Management (or whatever it is called) on?

Dean

WB_Outlaw
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Unslect your port engine before starting the starboard engine. Since the start is a toggle, you are telling the port engine to turn off (b/c you've aleady started it) and the starboard engine to crank up.

--Outlaw.

dontshootme2006
04-19-2006, 02:46 PM
thanks outlaw...didn't realize that the engine needed to be de-selected.

slipBall
04-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Instead of using the select/unselect, I use the select engine # 1 etc. then after all engine's are started, I have a key assigned for select all engine's

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:
Instead of using the select/unselect, I use the select engine # 1 etc. then after all engine's are started, I have a key assigned for select all engine's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do the same thing and then when a particular engine needs specific attention, I select that engine. It works for me.

TB

Bowman_61
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
You really need three key mapped;

Select 1#

Select 2#

Select all

Bowman

Tully__
04-21-2006, 02:09 AM
There are two select engine controls for each engine. One selects the indicated engine and deselects any other selected engines, the other only selects the desired engine without deselecting other engines. If you use the first option (might not be first in the controls assignment page in the game) you need to unselect before selecting the next engine, if you use the other option you only need to select the engine you currently wish to adjust.

Edit: The control labelled "Select Engine# x" will unselect all other engines when activated, the control labelled "Select/Unselect Engine# x" will leave any other engines already selected active and add the indicated engine to the list currently being controlled.